PDA

View Full Version : Added rules and more

Steven Vaccaro
03-04-2011, 12:10 PM
As of March of 2011, we are limiting the, "to the top", TTT or anything else that bumps the thread to the top. One bump a week. Any more and the entire thread will need to be deleted.

If the item isnt selling consider, reducing the cost, adding more details or more photos.

Also, please refrain from chat that doesn't have to do with the item for sale. It clogs up the thread and isnt fair to the seller.

Jesse J
03-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Understand, but could we have a somewhat shorter time period? I know daily could be excessive, but a week might be a bit long.

Just my humble opinion, not trying to oppose the authority, and will obey if you think more frequently is an issue.

Thanks again for all the moderating - I am sure it can get frustrating at times, especially since it appears the board is growing pretty good.

m4a1usr
03-04-2011, 04:26 PM
100% agree with you Steve. The sale threads have turned in to a comparison topic forum and recomendations for steups. Has nothing to do with aiding a seller his item/items. Just a waste of bandwidth for all intents. This has been a long time comming.

John

Philmunsterman
03-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Nice Improvement. I'm a member of several other Forums that have adopted a "No TTT" Policy. Works Great. After several weeks if the Item doesn't sell it can deleted and relisted.

johnf
03-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Steven, I just saw this thread, and prior had been bumping a FS thread of mine daily. My apologies.

Diegoboy
03-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks Steven.
I will txt you about something else tonight...

Alexgar
03-04-2011, 07:03 PM
i would say 2 bumps per week

Alexgar
03-04-2011, 07:06 PM
one on the week and one on the weekend the highest peak of selling

osprey21
03-04-2011, 07:19 PM
FWIW...

I'm a moderator on a large firearms board, we limit bumps in our For Sale forums to once ever 72 hours - seems to be a happy medium.

FWIW...

RCKong
03-04-2011, 07:47 PM
I agree totally..and another thing I notice alot folks trying to get full new price out of used items like everyone is a fool... I hate when people that dont know any better get taken advantage of. There are several boats on Swap shop now that you could say that about. MY 2$
RCK

JMSCARD
03-04-2011, 08:05 PM
I can appreciate the TTT rule.... but I hope some also remember this is a VERY active swap shop... often just people saying "I recieved the item and its great" can drop down all the still for sale items to the 10th page in a hurry because of the sheer mass of the items listed... and whats wrong with another member saying "hey you can buy with confidence from this seller" and "nice boat" .... alot of times its hard to determine whats still even for sale if we don't bump theads once in awhile... and people clicking on sold items way down the pages looking for items that are still for sale that sellers are waiting for time to pass to bump back up to viewers eyes....also takes up bandwidth...

I guess all I am saying too is that this is the busiest boat forum and swap shop for a reason.... it might not be good to fix something that isn't broke? I buy alot of my stuff off the swap shop... but I will tell you any little items that I can't find here I buy here at OSE... its easy and I like to support my own..... the season isn't here yet in Vermont so I am buying BIG parts... but soon I will be stocking up on all my nik nacks again and OSE will be sending me lots of little gifts... :)

I guess this may be getting to serious for me.... I take stuff to heart to easy too.... I am a nice person, I deal with people all day in my real job that I don't want to be around but I have to be around them.... this is my stress relief, and I get to talk to people I like to talk to .... when it stops being that is when I find something different to do with my time....

On another note, about swap shop pricing.... if the boat is made up from parts (not a rtr boat) trying to decipher the value is very hard.... like lets say for instance, Cyberxt is selling one of his tunnels.... is it fair to say that his actual craftsmanship on the boat my actually be worth something? or lets say Rumdog lists his SprintCat Twin we have all drooled over the vids of.... is it safe to say it may be worth a few bucks more then Joe Smos sprintcat, or a HPR direct build out of Hanspeters hands, would that be worth the retail value of the parts?.... Value is Perceived different by everyone.... unless its a blatent overpricing of something we can buy here at OSE or Tower Hobbies we should just let the sellers sit on it..... Lets face it is a USED NEU or LEHNER motor worth more then a USED Chinese motor? Who is setting the value of the percentage of the cost of new versus used value anyway? I think its only right to keep our comments to ourselves on for sale threads too.... most of the boats on here I feel are priced very aggressive (not always).... I have had a couple boats that have had FANCY paint jobs on .... is that worth anything? and if not to you is it maybe worth something to someone else? ... just a few things to think about... I love this forum... by far my favorite forum... but lets remember what makes this such a great forum..... the Camaraderie here is what makes us all log in everyday... and its what makes this FUN..... Lose that and you lose what makes this forum different then every other forum out there... and there are plenty of them....

Boy I need a :beerchug:

But also I really do want to thank Steven as he has brought a great forum into existance.... Thanks Steve :thumbup1:

And to EVERYONE.... I actually don't mind anyones posts for the most part.... lets face it no one is perfect.. we all have our flaws, but those flaws are what makes us different, and keeps us building different boats too! If we all had the same boats this wouldn't be nearly as cool would it? lol...

Sorry for rambling.... Its to easy for me too as I type over 100 wpm.... lol...

yo man
03-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Im new to FE boating an 2 forums in general. but would like to state that some of the 'Chatter' in a thread helps a buyer decide if the item is a quality one. The seller is reputable an the price is fair. Although it could be abused to BUMP a thread, i believe the information gained is benificial.

JMSCARD
03-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Im new to FE boating an 2 forums in general. but would like to state that some of the 'Chatter' in a thread helps a buyer decide if the item is a quality one. The seller is reputable an the price is fair. Although it could be abused to BUMP a thread, i believe the information gained is benificial.

Yeh... this is VERY VERY VERY well spoken.... :banana: and part of what I was talking about... but I will :zip-up: now... and lets face it when 10 different members jump in and talk about how they have bought from the member before it gives you a little better feeling about the seller being reputable too.... we have very little Scamming going on here compared to other forums... and its for a reason.... that alone is one of the reasons I like this site too... we all know eachother:)

dano1
03-04-2011, 08:39 PM
very well put and speaks for me also jmscard, agree totally on the value of products other great r/c gents have to offer us.

domwilson
03-04-2011, 08:50 PM
I agree. Just the facts. Inquiring into the item being sold and only pertinent information. Makes it easier for a potential buyer to evaluate the item and make a informed decision. I missed too many good deals because of the excessive babble in the thread.

JMSCARD
03-04-2011, 09:00 PM
I agree. Just the facts. Inquiring into the item being sold and only pertinent information. Makes it easier for a potential buyer to evaluate the item and make a informed decision. I missed too many good deals because of the excessive babble in the thread.

OK.... dont take this the wrong way but if thats the way you like to buy stuff just read the OP and decide if you want it.... others can babble? :confused2: I guess I just totally am missing what the big deal is here.... I mean isn't that what a Forum is?

RIPFENCE
03-04-2011, 09:05 PM
i agree with jason..when the forum is no longer fun i will attempt to have fun on one of the other ose knockoffs,clones,copies, etc...i feel a little responsable for the rule change because i do enjoy deal making and commenting now and again on the sale threads especially with the friends i have made here..this is what makes it the best forum out there though..

m4a1usr
03-04-2011, 09:37 PM
I guess I just totally am missing what the big deal is here.... I mean isn't that what a Forum is?

You are missing something obviously. The for sale forum is for items to be sold in the OP comments and pictures. Not a series of additional comments on page 2 about why this could work in some other application when the OP has already stated the item is no longer for sale because its been sold. Thats the point. Just like on Rumrunner, the post should be void of additional comments (no benefit to the OP right?) and the thread closed/ locked. Making comments only keeps the post active (while there is nothing for sale!) and if someone wants to know if the same setup will work START A NEW THREAD IN THE GENERAL TOPICS FORUM. Its not a difficult concept to grasp. I can see why Steve is frustrated. Some for sale ads have 3 or 4 pages of addditional commentaries, beyond the OP having already sold the item. Its ludicrous.

I'm not using you as an example Jason. So dont take this the wrong way but this does need to get fixed. I can put an ad up and if I dont monitor it daily and bump it daily, in one measly week its 3 pages back due to chatter. Not volume of sales. Just simple gabbing. My 2 cents.

John

JMSCARD
03-04-2011, 09:40 PM
John I am pretty sure the thread that provoked this was my 1520 motor thread from last night that steve jumped in on (just long time members having fun)... and its NOT SOLD yet... I know what you are saying... just drastic measures to take all at once... is what it is though... we can like it or lump it.... but some of the deleted by moderators post were good info pertaining to the sale... not all but some... '

Also John what about what the new member stated a few posts ago about the additional comments helping him determine what the item could be used for and in, and wether or not the seller was reputable? Obviously you know a 10xl motor isn't gonna work for a 40" mono but does everyone? isn't it helpful to new members for a fellow member to jump in and say "to all looking at this thread this is a great motor for the Titan 29's and MM's who are looking for a great sport motor?" you know remarks like these help some say "hey I could use that".... we need to think "outside our little box" and remember what is a PIA to us long term members may be very helpful to others...

no biggie though john, I always respect and enjoy your posts.. its good to get all ponts of view...... just wanted to point out mine:) I will stop now though before I get in trouble... :)

You are missing something obviously. The for sale forum is for items to be sold in the OP comments and pictures. Not a series of additional comments on page 2 about why this could work in some other application when the OP has already stated the item is no longer for sale because its been sold. Thats the point. Just like on Rumrunner, the post should be void of additional comments (no benefit to the OP right?) and the thread closed/ locked. Making comments only keeps the post active (while there is nothing for sale!) and if someone wants to know if the same setup will work START A NEW THREAD IN THE GENERAL TOPICS FORUM. Its not a difficult concept to grasp. I can see why Steve is frustrated. Some for sale ads have 3 or 4 pages of addditional commentaries, beyond the OP having already sold the item. Its ludicrous.

I'm not using you as an example Jason. So dont take this the wrong way but this does need to get fixed. I can put an ad up and if I dont monitor it daily and bump it daily, in one measly week its 3 pages back due to chatter. Not volume of sales. Just simple gabbing. My 2 cents.

John

Diegoboy
03-04-2011, 10:02 PM
There are plenty of boards offered here on OSE for open discussion, but the general rule is to keep it "on topic"
The swap shop is NO exceptoin. The topic is (an Item for sale), not how your other boats run, or what you had for dinner last night.

How my other boats ran = THIS (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2) board

What I ate for dinner last night = THIS (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14) board

See, there's a place for everything.

Boatman
03-04-2011, 10:06 PM
No one has mentioned the for sale ads that state NO PM"S. Well I feel PM's are just fine. If you cant check time stamps then there is something wrong. On the buyers end well it is like fishing. You catch some you lose some. If a price can be negotiated through PM then it keeps the board clear.

m4a1usr
03-04-2011, 10:34 PM
John I am pretty sure the thread that provoked this was my 1520 motor thread from last night that steve jumped in

That very well could be. I was not even aware. I saw your ad but didnt click on it. Sounds like there was something that maybe provoked this. That should be the focus or concentration of effort if you suspect participation. I'm happy with what ever rules Steve and the Moderators put in place. If I get banned or warned its because I violated some rule they put in place. I deserve it. And will live with it.

John

igottalongone
03-04-2011, 10:40 PM
bump

old guy
03-04-2011, 10:45 PM
There are plenty of boards offered here on OSE for open discussion, but the general rule is to keep it "on topic"
The swap shop is NO exceptoin. The topic is (an Item for sale), not how your other boats run, or what you had for dinner last night.

How my other boats ran = THIS (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2) board

What I ate for dinner last night = THIS (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14) board

See, there's a place for everything.

:thumbup1:

RIPFENCE
03-05-2011, 08:16 AM
if we are talking only one bump a week what happens if other people ask multiple questions about the item that everyone should know? then the thread is going to keep getting bumped..but it still on topic so we will be breaking the rules...what about listing who has priority on "dibbs" you are breaking the rules...its already happening if you are paying attention..i spend hours upon hours and spend significant money on ose because i love rc boating and its fun to connect with fellow boaters..it is an rc forum and maybe things are getting a little too nitpicky/serious for my taste and that is fine...i just hope its still a good place to be a part of as more and more rules come into play...and yes i was a part on jasons thread where we were goofing on several fronts amongst friends...50 plus posts later we got into trouble..yes the thread was clogged and all that jazz but if we are worried about "bandwidth" then why are we taking on new members? i do not know just my opinion..for the most part i follow the rules and try to be a good little rc boat forum boy!!! lol but please keep the fun around here:popcorn2:

Diegoboy
03-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Discussion about the possible item purchase is acceptable because buyers will clearly have questions. Off topic discussions and posts like:

Nice boat man!
or
Good luck with the sale
or
I wish I had the funds

Those are not acceptable and those types of posts will be deleted.

RIPFENCE
03-05-2011, 08:44 AM
so were are actually talking the real "bump" and not other possibilities of the the thread getting bumped because of "on topic" questions...i read stevens post wrong "or anything else that bumps the thread to the top"

egneg
03-05-2011, 09:01 AM
:zip-up:

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=21436&highlight=nice+boat

Diegoboy
03-05-2011, 09:04 AM
The rule took effect 3-4-11, any prior occurrences were not breaking any rules.

RIPFENCE
03-05-2011, 09:07 AM
:zip-up:

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=21436&highlight=nice+boat

lol chuck you are still a good bloke though:laugh: wait i have to remain on topic here

dano1
03-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Danny,

is there such a place here to just run your mouth?

siberianhusky
03-05-2011, 09:16 AM
How about some requirement to indicate something is sold?
Many times a thread ends with "pm sent", then it gets bumped when somebody asks if it's still for sale because nobody bothered to indicate the deal went through.

Diegoboy
03-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Danny,

is there such a place here to just run your mouth?

In the off topic board, please feel free. Just keep in mind "member bashing" is a :nono:

How about some requirement to indicate something is sold?
Many times a thread ends with "pm sent", then it gets bumped when somebody asks if it's still for sale because nobody bothered to indicate the deal went through.

Unfortunately, That's a "thread maintenance" responsibility of the thread starter.

Brushless55
03-05-2011, 10:10 AM
ttt:hug1:

Diegoboy
03-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Bump, and TTT jokes in this thread have ceased to be funny now that this thread is stickied! :biggrin:

Brushless55
03-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Bump, and TTT jokes in this thread have ceased to be funny now that this thread is stickied! :biggrin:

That's my way to subscribe to this thread bud! :beerchug:

johnson22456
03-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Can we get old sold posts deleted so the ones still for sale don't get jumbled together?

i.e... Seller marks item sold, buyer replies item received in good condition. Can those posts be deleted at the request of the original poster?

Diesel6401
03-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Or maybe if there was away to have a "sold" spot on that thread like on RCG, so I don't have to actually log into the thread and read every post to find out if an item is still for sale or not.

Different point but I wish there was some type of user feedback for the SS. Grant it most of us are familiar with each other, but new members don't know that and a different set up for the bad sellers. Just a thought.

domwilson
03-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Think about this...How many people would call someone who is selling something in the newspaper, craigslist, etc. just to tell the seller "Nice Boat" or some other general comment? I have seen some threads go from selling an item to just banter or even full on arguments without even a mention of the item being sold. I think what Steven is doing is just trying to keep it clearly focused on the item and relevant information to its sale. Not going from selling a rudder to what kind of mud flaps Aunt
Harriet has on her big wheel...

marko500
03-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Can we get old sold posts deleted so the ones still for sale don't get jumbled together?

i.e... Seller marks item sold, buyer replies item received in good condition. Can those posts be deleted at the request of the original poster?
Sometimes it's nice to research the history or past owners of a boat or a person selling something. It has helped me make decisions in the past. And after researching a hull I bought on another forum I found out it had quite a racing history and held several SAWs records and was previously owned by several well known pioneers in FE boating. We are considering restoring it to its original paint scheme when it held the records. If old posts in the sale section were deleated this history would have been lost.

Mark

Brushless55
03-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Or maybe if there was away to have a "sold" spot on that thread like on RCG, so I don't have to actually log into the thread and read every post to find out if an item is still for sale or not.

Different point but I wish there was some type of user feedback for the SS. Grant it most of us are familiar with each other, but new members don't know that and a different set up for the bad sellers. Just a thought.

I like this idea, that way nothing is lost and some can still see the history of the seller if needed

6sHyper
03-05-2011, 01:16 PM
On another rc site i use when an item is sold the seller marks topic as sold, and then it is automatically locked and SOLD appears on the topic title. makes it very easy for people to know if something is sold or not without even having to enter the topic, plus when its locked from being marked as sold obviously nobody can post in it anymore so it dwindles away.

Jesse J
03-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Sometimes it's nice to research the history or past owners of a boat or a person selling something. It has helped me make decisions in the past. And after researching a hull I bought on another forum I found out it had quite a racing history and held several SAWs records and was previously owned by several well known pioneers in FE boating. We are considering restoring it to its original paint scheme when it held the records. If old posts in the sale section were deleated this history would have been lost.

Mark

:iagree:

Diegoboy
03-05-2011, 01:45 PM
On another rc site i use when an item is sold the seller marks topic as sold, and then it is automatically locked and SOLD appears on the topic title. makes it very easy for people to know if something is sold or not without even having to enter the topic, plus when its locked from being marked as sold obviously nobody can post in it anymore so it dwindles away.

Think about this for a moment...
What you are asking for, still requires the thread starter to maintain/update the thread. It doesn't happen automatically.

Here on OSE, the OP (original post) can be edited by the thread starter to say SOLD. We have the SAME requirement of the thread started to maintain/update.

If you hover your mouse over the thread title, you can see the first several words in the OP, and if the thread starter did his "job", you can see SOLD without opening the thread.

Either way, if YOU don't keep up with your ads, it won't work.

Chop
03-05-2011, 02:50 PM

I would like the “sold” item threads placed in a “locked” status (if necessary). Very often I will look back at a “For Sale” thread to see what I’ve purchased. I may have forgotten if the motor in the boat I bought was an 8L or a 9L. Having the thread deleted would remove this reference source.

:beerchug:Overall I am pleased with what the owners/moderators on this forum have done. Many thanks.:beerchug:

keithbradley
03-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Danny I think you have a pretty good handle on this. I personally have probably "over-bumped" threads in the FS section, mostly in response to other members doing the same. An extra bump here and there are no big deal, but sometimes it winds up with members bumping multiple threads (when they could have had all or alot of their items in one single thread) and clogging up half of the first page. This is especially frustrating if its pretty obvious that their item(s) isnt selling because they are asking too much $$ for it.

I have also noticed that threads are getting moved from the build section when someone posts "hey, what motor would be good for x boat I am building?", or other posts that dont belong. This was a problem that needed to be dealt with as well.
I say these are both improvements and I have no problem following.:thumbup1:

6sHyper
03-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Think about this for a moment...
What you are asking for, still requires the thread starter to maintain/update the thread. It doesn't happen automatically.

Here on OSE, the OP (original post) can be edited by the thread starter to say SOLD. We have the SAME requirement of the thread started to maintain/update.

If you hover your mouse over the thread title, you can see the first several words in the OP, and if the thread starter did his "job", you can see SOLD without opening the thread.

Either way, if YOU don't keep up with your ads, it won't work.

Of course the thread starter needs to mark it as sold, but once he does it automatically posts a big red logo directly on the ad title saying sold, so no need to even hover over it and when the thread starter marks it sold it is automatically LOCKED this stops what the whole issue Steven is trying to stop is, the unnessasary posts.

In all HONESTY i think the whole issue at hand is some what of a joke, its totally overkill, whats the big deal about people chatting in a for sale thread?, why on earth does it bother anyone?, not the seller because it keeps there ad topped and the seller is almost always in on the rambling, you cant complain about bandwidth because if there not chatting back and forth in that thread its just gonna happen in another!! the bandwidth is gonna get used either way. I can understand if its negative chatter, but when its just friends chatting away whats the big deal??

Steven Vaccaro
03-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Of course the thread starter needs to mark it as sold, but once he does it automatically posts a big red logo directly on the ad title saying sold, so no need to even hover over it and when the thread starter marks it sold it is automatically LOCKED this stops what the whole issue Steven is trying to stop is, the unnessasary posts.

In all HONESTY i think the whole issue at hand is some what of a joke, its totally overkill, whats the big deal about people chatting in a for sale thread?, why on earth does it bother anyone?, not the seller because it keeps there ad topped and the seller is almost always in on the rambling, you cant complain about bandwidth because if there not chatting back and forth in that thread its just gonna happen in another!! the bandwidth is gonna get used either way. I can understand if its negative chatter, but when its just friends chatting away whats the big deal??

When a guys selling a motor and it turns into a whole other topic thats a problem.

Its only a joke if you are not the person trying to sell the thing. I've been receiving complaints from both sellers and guys trying to read all the crap thats on the thread to figure out if the price is the same or whats going on for a year now.

egneg
03-05-2011, 05:00 PM
The rule took effect 3-4-11, any prior occurrences were not breaking any rules.

I see you deleted your post :spy: but it is still in a quote a few posts down.

RIPFENCE
03-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Think about this...How many people would call someone who is selling something in the newspaper, craigslist, etc. just to tell the seller "Nice Boat" or some other general comment? I have seen some threads go from selling an item to just banter or even full on arguments without even a mention of the item being sold. I think what Steven is doing is just trying to keep it clearly focused on the item and relevant information to its sale. Not going from selling a rudder to what kind of mud flaps Aunt
Harriet has on her big wheel...

this is not craigslist its a CHAT FORUM...people say things and communicate..if you do not want anyone to say anything sell on ebay or something...you have over 3500 post here..i think you have said a thing or three maybe even on a sale thread to one of your friends!!

if you cannot figure out the price of an item then a pm should be submitted its pretty simple..why are people bitching about this?

hyper this is where i am coming from too..i do not think bandwidth is the problem here (maybe) its just we have people that cannot look past the "nice boat" or other things like that which i agree is nitpicky like i said in one of my other posts..rules are rules even if we do disagree with them and i think it will take away from the fun that happens here when people communicate..i guess i have to sell on ebay if i do not want to talk to anyone or spend some more time with mr. fightercat where a chat forum is a chat forum...i am not trying to be difficult.. i respect steven so i will do must best to remain within those rules even if i disagree

Diegoboy
03-05-2011, 05:16 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah: i will do must best to remain within those rules even if i disagree

Great. Get to following then.

RIPFENCE
03-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Great. Get to following then.

sent dom an apology..got too opinionated there sorry guys

Diegoboy
03-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Side note:

Limited bumping doesn't mean you can create a new, differently worded thread for the same item. Those will be deleted on sight.

Thanks

domwilson
03-06-2011, 10:27 AM
sent dom an apology..got too opinionated there sorry guys

Opinions are a good thing. It helps us to open our eyes to a world of possibilities.

Steven Vaccaro
03-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Again talk about the item or it's use isn't the problem. It's all the off topic stuff. We want the good talk.

Boatman
03-06-2011, 12:00 PM
also the swap shop is just that. If you want retail prices then think about opening a store to sell your stuff. I don't like loosing money but if it is to swap for a lesser expensive item it doesnt hurt so much. Has always been the catch with this hobby stuff. as soon as you buy it it looses value quickly.

Brushless55
03-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Again talk about the item or it's use isn't the problem. It's all the off topic stuff. We want the good talk.

:beerchug:

Boaterguy
05-08-2011, 11:09 AM
I know this is going a while back, But I think we should have a board or a sticky with all of the approx formulas (kind of like an rc black book) that lists the price of an item. E.G. for a piece of hardware, lets go with a rudder (this is just an example) Starting price - months old * 5 + hrs of custom work *20= price in dollars.
if we put in the numbers for a 40$ rudder, 3 months old, and an hour of custom work we get: 40-(3*5)+(1*20)=45$ of course this price would be negotiable, and everybody would have their own version of the formulas. Just a suggestion, it would make prices easier to figure out, each formula would have to be approved though, people could negotiate the formula until a decision was made.
:bounce: I like math :bounce:

johnson22456
06-26-2011, 06:49 PM
I know this is going a while back, But I think we should have a board or a sticky with all of the approx formulas (kind of like an rc black book) that lists the price of an item. E.G. for a piece of hardware, lets go with a rudder (this is just an example) Starting price - months old * 5 + hrs of custom work *20= price in dollars.if we put in the numbers for a 40$ rudder, 3 months old, and an hour of custom work we get: 40-(3*5)+(1*20)=45$ of course this price would be negotiable, and everybody would have their own version of the formulas. Just a suggestion, it would make prices easier to figure out, each formula would have to be approved though, people could negotiate the formula until a decision was made. :bounce: I like math :bounce:Don't think this is the correct place for this post, but the prices are set by the seller not bu some formula you came up with. The demand for the product will dictate what it will sell for.