PDA

View Full Version : New Years Resolution.

H&MWill
01-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Just wondering if anyone else is trying to quit smokin for the new year. Im givin it a whirl but man this is tough. They just raised the cigarette tax in Maryland another dollar a pack. I am not paying close to 6 bucks for a pack of cigarettes.

Diegoboy
01-01-2008, 04:38 PM
From what I understand, when the craving hits, you'll pay $20 a pack if you had to. :olleyes:
I wish I could help you or give you advice, but I have never smoked (or drank) It's a willpower thing I'm sure. I have known friends that have tried quitting every couple months for the last 15 years, yet he still smokes. I have also known two friends that smoked for 10 years, but just put them down one day, without aid and never touched them again (going on 11 years now).
Just keep at it. It gets extreme, but keep in mind that it will back off eventually.
I commend you for trying, and pray for your success!

http://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/animated/AddEmoticons04230.gif

Good luck!

Mich. Maniac
01-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Hey Will, I too am going to quit this year. not at this moment but at sometime soon this year. I am told you have xtra money from quitting as well but I have quit for a few months before and never saw it true.HA! you do feel better after just a couple weeks. that I can say is true. My problem was I was using the patch and it worked awesome @ 35.00 a pack. I was broke for a day out of patches and spent 5.00 on a pack of smokes. Well anyway goodluck to you and all that are attempting this feat.

H&MWill
01-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Thanks alot guys. I am on the patch as we speak. Only problem I had with these in the past is all the weird dreams all night long. Good luck to you too Mike.

mike a.
01-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Just have the incentive of using all that money you spent on cigarettes to buy other things like new boats!!! Good luck

H&MWill
01-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks Mike, yeah me and the wife already have this agreement but since I am using the patches to help quit I cant spend any of the money from smoking until I complete the ten week course. Oh well she is right if she let me now I would probably start again. Thanks again. Will

H&MWill
01-16-2008, 11:10 PM
16 days and no cigs! Im likin it.:buttrock:

Diegoboy
01-16-2008, 11:14 PM
16 days! Congratulation (& thanks) Are you over the hump yet?

Mich. Maniac
01-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Keep it going man! Im over here chewin through a friggin bone! I had no idea what control this stuff has over a person. 13yrs steady i smoked. packa day. Im only about 5 days in. feelin dizzy @ times. I HAVE come to realize killin someone wont make me any more happy. I guess thats a good thing. :cursing:

H&MWill
01-16-2008, 11:21 PM
It is alot easier now but Im not sure you ever get over the hump. Thanks for the support guys.
My daughter who is 21 months old and the one on the way is what make it a little easier.
Oh and all you guys who sit up all night talkin about boats! LOL

H&MWill
01-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Mike, 5 days is great! Its actually the same as 16 if you just take it 1 day at a time. Keep it up! It gets a little easier after about 10 days. :)

H&MWill
03-10-2009, 10:41 PM
I forgot that I started this thread. I still have not smoked and I dont see any savings at all! LOL

14 MONTHS!!!!!!!

Doug Smock
03-10-2009, 10:49 PM
I forgot that I started this thread. I still have not smoked and I dont see any savings at all! LOL

14 MONTHS!!!!!!!

:beerchug:Congratulations Will!!:beerchug:

H&MWill
03-10-2009, 10:56 PM
:beerchug:Congratulations Will!!:beerchug:

Thanks Doug. :beerchug: however I still do this quite often!