PDA

View Full Version : Hyperion chargers question

Gen
02-25-2011, 10:07 PM
i wanted to upgarde my hyerion charger from a EOSO610i net to a
EOS 720i net 3 but wanted to know if 720 is more powerful ,now specs below and they are both 250 watts ,but 610 is 10amps max charge and 720 is 20 maps max charge ,
but both same watts so i dont know if im getting a better charger .

i want to upgarde to a more powerful charger so i can parallel 6 of 2s batts on charger with charge board pictured ..

and will a 15 volt 30 amp power suply allow 20 maps charge or do i need bigger power supply ..

610i

Charges: 1-6 cells Lipo's, Lion & A123. 1-16 cell Ni-CD & Ni-MH in three modes: Normal, Linear & Automatic. 1/12 cell Lead Acid.
Built-in Hyperion LBA10/300 Balancer with 10A max rating and 300mA max balance rate per cell.
Includes Hyperion 2S-6S Multi-Adapter
0.1a - 10A Charge Current in 0.1a steps
250 Watts max charge output (Even with 6s Lipo)
Terminal Capacity Selection (TCS)
Rich Data Displays during and after charging
PC Port for data logging and firmware updates
Temperature Sensor Port
Wide Voltage Range 11v~28v for higher efficiency when charging high voltage packs, and compatibility with a wider selection of AC/DC Power Supplies
Power Supply Amperage Control to allow reliable charging with lower output power supplies
Input Cable with 4mm male connectors
Integral, Thermostat-Controlled Cooling Fan
Rugged Aluminum Case with Insulating End Caps
2-Line, 16-Char, Blue Backlit LCD Data Display
10 User-definable Memory Positions
Comes with a data port
Capable of quick 2C charge rate

Hyperion 720i NET3 Multi-Chemistry Charger/Discharger
One of the most powerful chargers available at the moment.
Can charge upto 20 amps and suits LiPo (upto 7s), LiFe (upto 7s), NiCd/NiMH (upto 16 cells) and Lead-Acid.
Firmware upgradable via USB.

SweetAccord
03-01-2011, 10:56 AM
The 720i is more capable as more amps a charger can put out the more load it can charge (batts are a load) and handle (multiple packs). Ignore watts in this case. As for the power supply 30A may be low if you plan to charge 6 batts. Ask Hyperion as what would be the right power supply for this charger with the type of batts. (and add 10% over on the amp rating) you plan to charge in that configuration.

Himalaya
03-10-2011, 12:51 AM
They are equally powerful for 6S packs. for 5S or lower cell count packs the 0720i delivers more amperage, twice as much as the 0610 for 3S and below.