PDA

View Full Version : New Venom 56" P-1???

forescott
02-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Just found this over at RCU. Not really big into gas boats, but if the finished product looks anything like the 35", I must have one. At least the hull.

5I78_YqWueE&feature=player_embedded

Karfrik
02-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Looks nice for sure,always liked the P1 mono.But it will take some good $$ to fit it with FE stuff....

jamespl
02-24-2011, 11:48 AM
OMG that looks soo nice, makes me sad now cos i sold my ekos p1 and im boatless :crying: thats what i get for saying to the mrs if you let me get the car i want i will sell the boat, what was i thinking.

Jpope
02-24-2011, 12:50 PM
speaking of Venom stuff, has any body run the P1 35'' RTR brushless or the C1 34'' RTR brushless? looking to add another boat and these look sweet. Also if i bought one of these how hard is it to swap it to 2.4g from the stock?

forescott
02-24-2011, 08:05 PM
speaking of Venom stuff, has any body run the P1 35'' RTR brushless or the C1 34'' RTR brushless? looking to add another boat and these look sweet. Also if i bought one of these how hard is it to swap it to 2.4g from the stock?

I have em both. The c-1 had issues with the motors, but since then Venom has changed the motors and I don't think I've heard any info good or bad on the new motors. The p-1 is a good boat right out of the box with the exception of the prop. The stock prop is too small and is horrible. Easy fix though. And both boats have a really nice finish and look great in my hobby room! As for the radio, a 2.4 radio swap is a piece of cake!

Karfrik
02-24-2011, 11:46 PM

To swap for a 2.4ghz system is easy.Just buy one Tx and Rx package either new or used.Switch the receiver on your boat and presto!!.Its very easy...if you are new i would recommend the Tactic pistol ones,..they can be had cheap for new ones and cheaper for good used ones....just do your search on the web....good luck...Albert