PDA

View Full Version : MG plane

dirty
02-21-2011, 05:35 PM
i just ran my MG for the first time the other day,it seems like it has a hard time trying to plane out.Any ideas? Could this be a battery location issue? Once it gets up on plane,its fine,but if i let it slow down past plane,seems like its revving up to high before it starts going again.Bought it brand new.I also have a BJ26,it has no problem taking off,it just goes from the get-go.I am running a Grim Racer 42x55 prop on the MG if that helps.And to be honest,from what i saw after running the 2 boats on the same batteries,the BJ26 will flat out leave the MG behind

jac4412
02-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Dirty, have you tried adjusting your strut? Either that or your def seem to be having a battery/weight issue in the boat.

Stock the MG and BJ are comparable but the MG should be a tad faster.. also keep in mind with a 2s setup that is a "slower" prop than the x642 or the m445

dirty
02-21-2011, 06:07 PM
I have not tried adjusting the strut,lol....im lucky i even know what that is.These are my first 2 boats.I originally bought the blackjack for my 7 yr old,now he wont let me play with it so i had to buy my own.Should it go up,down, or start with battery placement?

LarrysDrifter
02-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Try running the strut at neutral,or lowering it a tad.Move in small increments and test.Or the batteries could be too far forward in the hull.