PDA

View Full Version : 26 Clone

CaptPJB
02-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Purchased this from Swap shop to use as a general use boat and planned on using motor esc etc I already had.

My problem is my motor has 1/8th shaft and this hull came with a 3/16ths drive all the way to the prop. There really is not a decent adapter between these two sizes so decided to resell and move on. Boat is very sound, solid and comes with turn fins and trim plates, previous owner said he did not fit as hull ran great without them. Gold spot on stern is where previous owner misdrilled for servo arm all filled and solid just not painted

I really should have inquired about drive shaft size before I purchased but my loss your gain.

$85 shipped conus.

Sale withdrawn got a new motor

Karfrik
02-20-2011, 03:43 PM
you only need to change the coupler then,thats it.....think about it,...Al

CaptPJB
02-20-2011, 04:10 PM
you only need to change the coupler then,thats it.....think about it,...Al

I searched and asked here on OSE for 1/8th to 3/16ths collet or similar adapters but they do not really exist as far as I can tell. I did manage to find a barrel type adapter on line, ordered it but it only had one set screw for each side and would not grip sufficiently on the flex shaft when the motor spun up. I could see myself loosing shaft and prop with that set up not to mention putting a lot of water in the boat through the 1/4 stuffing tube!

So what was a cheap project is no more if I need another motor and collet.

Peter

Karfrik
02-20-2011, 04:16 PM
check pm......

siberianhusky
02-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Just get a .150 cable and a new coupler.

CaptPJB
02-20-2011, 04:27 PM
check pm......

Nothing in PM

Karfrik
02-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Just get a .150 cable and a new coupler.

Im pm`ing him in order to get this right.I believe he`s a little confused here.I always was 2yrs ago when i started on this hobby.....lol.really!!.Nothing wrong with it.Its a nice boat he just needs to find the best solution for it rather than sell it......Al:Peace_Sign: