PDA

View Full Version : kos will not plane

dano1
02-19-2011, 10:31 PM
bought a kos from a fellow fast electric and when i got to finally try it for the first time the dang thing will not plane out, i have new batterys and it has 32mm props, im wondering if the esc's are not programmed correct, but ya would think it would get up and go non the less. im going to try the packs in another boat tomorrow and rule that out, any idea's or input will be appriciated. Im going to try another set of packs in it that i know r fine and see if the problem is resolved, right now the boat is set for 2s.:cursing:

Dano

ray schrauwen
02-19-2011, 11:24 PM
2S, do you mean you are running 2S lipos's only 1-2S lipo per side?

If so, You may need much bigger props than 32mm stock ones or use 3S because:

2S is around 7.4Vdc x 2850Kv = 21000 Rpm approx. Not enough to get it on plane obviously now.

You may get it on plane with 36mm props and 2S but, not 32mm ones.

More detail on types of packs, capacity C rating etc... are they fully charged?

LarrysDrifter
02-19-2011, 11:29 PM
If your boat is all stock,you should be running 3s per motor.Not 2s.It would be very sluggish on 2s.This boat stock is meant to be run on 3s.Dont try anymore 2s packs.You should plane just fine on 3s.I also have Venom Pro Machined 36mm props in the Swap Shop.They will bolt right up to the stock stingers.

dano1
02-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Well i put 3s in and she took off....a little sluggish but after a rudder adjustment it helped alot and preformed great, temps were cool...was a little leary on blasting her hard cause the waters were a tad choppy and winds are high, .......man....those twins throw some serious rooster, thanks for the input friend

Dano

JPriami
02-20-2011, 07:20 PM
lol mine turned into a plane today... and dosent fly well.

watch it here (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=22168)