PDA

View Full Version : no esc output

scrpio17
02-18-2011, 09:57 AM
just hooked up batteries to new geico hooked up programer heard beep and plugged everything in and i have steering working but motor doesnt move read all manuals and still nothing book says i should hear a beep when powering up but i get nothing any help would great have a son thats dying to run this thing.
, David

Diesel6401
02-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Did you unplug the batteries after you used the programmer?

* Plug in your batteries (make sure esc on/off switch is off)
* Connect esc to programmer (make sure you are plugging it in correctly)
* Set your switches
* Turn to on/off switch to on you should hear the beep to accept the changes.
* Unplug the batteries
* Hook the esc back to the receiver
* Plug in your batteries, test it and see if it works...

scrpio17
02-18-2011, 01:44 PM
ok i dont think i was waiting long enough for it to beep it has slight delay snd it beeps and now when i give it throttle motor runs for about a second then turn back off seems like it going wide open no slow rpm. it could just be something im doing wrong this is my first electric boat. thanks for the help

Diesel6401
02-18-2011, 02:28 PM
ok i dont think i was waiting long enough for it to beep it has slight delay snd it beeps and now when i give it throttle motor runs for about a second then turn back off seems like it going wide open no slow rpm. it could just be something im doing wrong this is my first electric boat. thanks for the help

The PB esc's don't do well at low RPM's. It's not just your esc they all do it. That really is the only major negative about the PB esc's other then that they are pretty solid.

scrpio17
02-18-2011, 02:39 PM
even if i hold it wideopen it runs for a second and dies till i go to idle and throttle again but only for a sec but it wont stay running. it ran for about a min in water fine then this.

Diesel6401
02-18-2011, 02:54 PM
even if i hold it wideopen it runs for a second and dies till i go to idle and throttle again but only for a sec but it wont stay running. it ran for about a min in water fine then this.

Did you check all the soldered connections?
Are you running nimh or lipo?
Does your esc battery setting match the batteries your using?

*Don't run full throttle on the bench. The motor spinning unloaded at full throttle for more then a few seconds can cause damage to the motor.

martin
02-18-2011, 05:09 PM
I had simular things happen the other day with my Etti esc where it would run for a couple of seconds then die. What mine turned out to be was id set the esc up with the relavent settings that i use & it was set for 3s lipo, But this esc i had was a slightly older version where they had changed the number of beeps relavent to the voltage i was setting it for. So id set it for what i thought was for 3s, It turned out id actually set it for 6s & was getting a low voltage shut down. Thanks Martin.

scrpio17
02-18-2011, 11:28 PM
as soon as i move it it runs for a sec and thats it wont run any longer that havent ran out water for any length does the same thing in the water boat moves goes to run then dies did it first in the water in the middle of running it. if i hit throttle twice rapidly it will go for about a minute then i cant get it to run no matter what i do it ran perfect for about 3 to 4 minute i thought batteries were low but not the case. very weird

scrpio17
02-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Boat had a bad esc went through tech support and horizon sent new one overnight and now works fine thanks horizon :buttrock:
,David

JackBlack26
02-25-2011, 12:37 PM
That type of support is worth every penny the boat costs.