PDA

View Full Version : Ekos as a race boat

shannon87
02-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Hi all i have always thought this boat looked awesome and i have been lookin around for ages tryin to find a good cat to set up on 4s even looked at the rip offs of this boat but they dont look no where near as good as this one.

So i was thinking of somehow turnin this into a competative reliable raceboat.

Replacing the escs to turnigy 120s and some sort of leopard motors and good set of counter rotating props and new wiring and 6.5mm bullet connectors , and hi torque metal gear servo is that all i would pretty much need to do as with this boat it seems less mucking around than with the rip off hulls as they have 2 piece flex shafts and weak mounts and other problems. cheers

Boomer
02-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Not sure what kind of racing you have in mind. If you read through the threads on this forum, you should be able to get some very specific info on what works and what doesn't with this boat.

I found the EKOS goes straight as well as any, but there are other boats that will handle high speed turns with greater ability. If your were going to race other EKOS boats, I guess that would be a non issue.

Enjoy
Boomer

shannon87
02-16-2011, 12:13 AM
cheers im gunna get a clone cat from my local F/E expert that he is gunna piece together for me but cheers for the help