PDA

View Full Version : This charger any good?

ace028
12-26-2007, 12:05 AM
http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBIES/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=5549

Is this charger any good? I have a dynamite vision peak ultra that I use for my lipo packs and a blinky balancer, my dad has the other charger listed above and its a balance charger, and was thinking about buying it off him, he has the ac adapter/power supply for it. Is it any good? I like the fact that it can balance charge and that I can charge my higher mah lipos at 1c where the dynamite one I can only charge at 2.5 amps max and I have a 4000 mah battery. I like that its a lot smaller unit. I just want to check with you guys before I buy it from him, I don't want to buy junk.

FE_Chris
12-26-2007, 07:48 AM
I use one, for being cheep and for the price I love it! I would write more but I gotta run!!!

ace028
12-26-2007, 09:09 AM
better then my dynamite one?

frostyan
12-26-2007, 10:20 AM
for the price its good but herd the balancer is not that good for lipo iam in the market for a charger as well iam thinking triton 2 . have a fourm out but no one replyed yet .

FE_Chris
12-26-2007, 04:52 PM
I have a Triton2 also. It's my best charger, I love it. I use that with a polyquest inline balancer to charge my good packs normaly. I also use a Superbrain 977 pro cause it does 2 at the same time. Only at 2.5 amps.

The UH.com charger has worked well for me. I have had it about 2-3 months now, something like that. Balancer works. Charger does the rated 5 amps no problem. Comes with all kinds of connectors and adaptors for deans, tamiya, RX packs, glow sticks, and other adaptors.

Just keep in mind that it is a cheap chinese knock-off charger. Don't let anyone lie to you. I like it, for the money. BUT I would not want this as a sole charger for my batteries. Thats what I use it for the fe chinese lipos I have, and I use my Superbrain (which is a questionable charger also, but works well IMO after I modded the power plug on mine.) But mostly I use the triton2.

Also, the Team checkpoint charger is a great one! Duratrax makes some nice chargers (ice). Hyperion makes some real nice ones, I have also seen a few schulze ones floating around used. Just incase you wanted to know who else makes a decent charger