PDA

View Full Version : help mini v or mini c first upgrades

shannon87
02-12-2011, 02:49 AM
Hi all been thinkin about bying one of these both these boats seem great but since i have heard about the cat cavitating makes me lean towards the v does it have the same problem.

I would like to keep it sorta stock maybe a better motor and prop wash water pick up just dont want to go too crazy with mods i was thinking the t400 electrifly not sure about battery packs prob leave the stock one in. Anyways any help would be great

damfurst
02-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Either boat runs good. The only time cavitation has been a problem with either was when the stock prop was either damaged or needed sharpening. Other than the motor that you mentioned, the other mod I would recommend would be to get a prop shaft for a SW26 so that then you can use different 1/8" props. This one mod will make a great difference. The stock battery is good, but a 1000-1200mah lipo makes it even better.

shannon87
02-13-2011, 04:24 PM
ji thanks it just seems to be a common complaint with the cat im goin the vee as i can get it local without payin a fair bit in postage.

I probably will upgrade to that later but ill wear out the stock stuff first lol.

Same with the esc i was thinking of putting the traxxas esc cooling kit on the stock esc unless there was a better way but eventually i would go brushless as its heaps better and the marine brushless escs are already watercooled

MORIDE
02-15-2011, 08:55 PM
I have both, converted both to brushless and 3C Lipos, Cat way better, Mini V cannot get it stable at speeds, too much porpoising.

shannon87
02-16-2011, 12:24 AM
ill prob get the cat coz there my favourite style of hull but after shipping there 160 dollars but for around 50-60 dollars more im gunna get a twin brushless apparition for a project race boat after i get my nitro goin then ill get a mini c at some point also as there a cool lookin boat and convert that to brushless what setup have you got in yours cheers