PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys, no longer accepting Pay-Pal

sjslhill
04-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Due to a loss approaching $450.00 on an overseas order and Pay-Pal's pathetic policy, we have closed our account. We ordered product from overseas and 5 parts of 20 were delievered. Pay-Pal used the sellers excuse and evidence of a tracking number and closed our complaint.

Wow, we should do this. You order 25 cells, we ship 1 and tell CC company that we provided you with a delivery and tracking number. :eek:

E-Bay and Pay-Pal policies are pathetic if you ask me.

If this causes you to not order from us in the future, sorry about this.

Steve

mike a.
04-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I will not buy anything on ebay that says paypal only for this same reason. I try to use money orders instead.

sjslhill
04-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Good ole E-bay, they get a cut two times from the seller if someone uses Pay-Pal, E-bay owns Pay-Pal now.

SJFE
04-19-2007, 05:06 PM
And have owned them for a few years. I am on my last nerve with them also. I get 3 or 4 phishing emails a week. I report every one to them...yet the same dirt bag from over seas is still emailing me with fake paypal account warnings..

Steven Vaccaro
04-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Sorry guys, but Paypal has a good strangle hold on the market now. Before I was 100% paypal site, now that I take credit cards directly I can generate a report between the two. Almost 40% of my customers are using the paypal express check feature!!!

sjslhill
04-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Just think of the money laundering and copy cat fake China crap they are allowing to be pushed on there.

sjslhill
04-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Oh sure, Pay-Pal loves getting that higher cut from you Steven. A real CC account is less cut. :D

Sorry guys, but Paypal has a good strangle hold on the market now. Before I was 100% paypal site, now that I take credit cards directly I can generate a report between the two. Almost 40% of my customers are using the paypal express check feature!!!

SJFE
04-19-2007, 05:54 PM
If I din't do as much selling on Ebay..I'd have no use for it. People just don't want to buy from you if they cant slap it on a credit card instantly.

SJFE
04-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Yeah 3.5%....jesus

Mich. Maniac
04-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey battlepack, the Venum Lipo charger that tower sells has outlets on the side for balance charging but my T.P lipos have different connector. Do you stock any of these charge leads. If you even understand my jibberish. thanks

sjslhill
04-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Thunder Power does offer the other ends of the taps.....send me an e-mail and I'll get you hooked up.

sales@battlepack.com

SweetZ28
04-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Battlepack I hear you they screwed me 2 times one time from when i ordered a RC tank over seas the thing arived all broken and unusable but because the guy had proof he shipped it i was out $100.00
And one time on E-bay i used paypal to buy a vintage pair of infinity speakers the guy said in his add they where in excellent shape and only needed a tweeter well when i got them the real oak cabinet was lifting off the speaker box and both cross overs where broken and both mid drivers!!

so i called my credit card that is set up with paypal and told them what happend and my credit card paid me back ...and paypal would not do nothing they kept my account closed so i could not take any $$ out so any $$ i made off my site just got stuck in paypal....... they said i had to give the speakers back to the guy and i would have to pay shipping wich was about $125.00 but i could never get in contact with the seller by e-mail or phone neither could paypal so basically they where going to screw me unless i paid paypal back the $650.00 for the price of the speakers..... i called Paypal about 20 times arguing with them sayinbg what the heck so i could sell something say its brand new send the guy a box of garbage and the buyer gets screwed?.. they did not care..... I got very lucky as one day i looked at the UPS shipping lable that was on the package and it had a # on it and it happend to be the guy's work # and i got to talk to him finally and he told me paypal cut off his account also and he told me he was very sorry about the speakers and he did not know what was wrong with them he said he was selling them for his brother... anyhow he had to call and E-mail paypal telling them that the speakers where junk and i could have them then after this paypal put my acount back to normal....

Paypal is real screwy...And you know what the funny thing is about paypal so many people use them and they make so much $$ you would think they would be very good...but no they are super greedy bastards!!

sjslhill
04-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Nothing less, nothing more

SJFE
04-19-2007, 10:47 PM
I had a nightmare like that with them. Sold my CBR to a guy. In order buy it now you had to pay a 250 deposite to me via paypal. Well he did. Then they charged the deposit again when he paid in full. He call them. They said to work it out with me. He called me. I sent him a postal money order. Done right.....NO. They caught it 2 weeks later. Held my account for 250 bucks. I called paypal. They claimed his cc company held the money on them. I call him...he did call his cc but never asked for a hold but they charged back paypal anyway...He sends me the 250. Done right....NO. 3 weeks later paypal deposits 250 in my account and holds his...IM NOT BSin. I send him another money order. FINALY DONE.. We both Begged these smacked @sses to drop the claim 3 or 4 times...they just kept saying we can't drop the claim untill a refund is issued. My account was negitave for 5 weeks and I was NOT funding it with my money. MORONS

sjslhill
04-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Pay-Pal is for Pay-Pal, nothing less, nothing more. They will burn Steven in time :(

sjslhill
04-19-2007, 10:54 PM
If you see this many examples on this one forum...just think of what they are doing to hundreds of thousands of transactions.

SJFE
04-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Yeah maybe every one should get together and stop using it...then they will really get whats commin to them....Just like when gas prices go way up...Well maybe we should all not buy gas for a couple weeks...then they will get the message..They got people just where they wantem. Nothing any one can do. For every one of us who stop using 10 more sign up every day. Justa no win.

RMZDADDY
04-19-2007, 11:37 PM
I've had a similar experience as a buyer using paypal. Got a box full of dead IB cells. Paypal seemed only to care that the seller could prove that I received a package from the seller, they refused to do anything about it. So much for "buyer protection".I have had a chance to assemble and cycle the 24 3600 cells I purchased from Battlepack, now those ARE good cells! Battlepack does not need paypal to keep my business!

Darin Jordan
04-20-2007, 07:43 AM
The only problem I've had with PayPal over THOUSANDS of transactions has been one incident where I (me... my fault) incorrectly applied a shipping label to a package after printing it through PayPal... It was an international Priority package to Canada and I used the wrong label... apparently it prints a "sample" label, then follows up with the real one...

Anyhow... It took some calling around, but they had good customer service and RESOLVED the issue for me, "because I was a good customer"...

As for the fees... It's going to cost me at least $1.00 from the Post Office to buy a U.S. Domestic Money Order... after waiting in line for 10-minutes... Then I have to buy a .39 cent stamp... mail it... wait for a week for it to get there... wait for another 3-4 days for the package to arrive...

Nope... I'll pay the fee for the conveniance... That's what FEEs are for in the first place... You're paying them on your checking account... on your cash-machine card... conveniance fees... it's a choice we all make when we decide just how complicated we want our lives to be...

A vendor NOT having PayPal is NOT going to keep me from using their services or buying their products... but then HAVING it sure makes it a lot easier decision to make that purchase... A few clicks and I have something cool on the way...

Steven is a smart guy... I'm sure he's taken all the precaution he can... EVERYONE is going to get burned by something someday... NOTHING is perfect... We do the best we can, and that's all we can do...

My last PayPal transaction cost me 94 cents on $115.00 transaction... Sure a lot cheaper than what my time is worth...

To each their own...

RMZDADDY
04-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Having used paypal for the last eight years, as a buyer and seller, I'm aware of the conveniences that I'm paying for, as well as the time and cost involved when mailing payment. I also understand it is my responsibility to know who I'm dealing with. We all take chances on purchases from time to time. If a online retailer or an ebay seller will take direct CC payments, I think I will use that option in the future and save them a little money.

mike a.
04-20-2007, 05:19 PM
I would use any alternate way to send money instantly after a auction ended by using credit card, but i havent seen any good ways to do that. Also money orders are not that hard to get and are pretty cheap. ($1.00 for up to $500) Also you dont have to go to the postal office to get a money order, i get mine at rite aid and alot of other drug stores sell them. It only takes me usually 2 days to send one and i dont have to deal with the risk of paypal. Most sellers and buyers respect that im afraid of the risk and understand why. I wont stop buying from OSE, i just try to really limit who i use it with.

Steven Vaccaro
04-21-2007, 12:53 AM
One HUGE feature that is missed with most new paypal users.
When "joe" customer buys an items from overseas. All the overseas guy gets for Joe's info is his shipping address and money. NO credit card info is sent. ITS the most secure way of paying someone you do not know.

Yes they have issues, just like other credit card companies. Its all relative.

FOR EXAMPLE:
At my jewelry store. I tried to run a AMEX card about 3 weeks ago. It was declined. I told the customer and he was visibly upset. He is a regular, so when he came back in a few days later and ran the same card , it was declined again. I called amex to see what the trouble was. THEY SHUT OFF MY MERCHANT CHARGE ACCOUNT!!!!!WITHOUT a notice or phone call! Turns out I had a fraudulent credit card charge at my store in December. So they decided to cancel my service. I have been with them for 20 years! Nice customer support!

SJFE
04-21-2007, 12:58 AM
I didn't realize that aspect of paypal. Good point. I also have herd AMEX sux to deal with.

ReddyWatts
04-21-2007, 09:36 AM
IMO, I dont like giving out my credit card information to all of the different vendors on the internet. The more computer servers that have my information in there memories gives hackers a better chance of getting it. Idenity Fraud is a huge problem these days. I try to only use Paypal and keep this information in one place on the internet. I think it keeps it more secure. You do not know what kind of security these other vendors have on there systems? Are they up to date? What version are they using? SO what if I get burnt on a deal. It is not even close to how bad Identity theft could be..... Most vendors dont even know when it happens.

sjslhill
04-21-2007, 09:39 AM
We use Americart, it's Hacker Safe.

But I understand, I doubt that we will be selling to R/C much longer anyway.

thanks,
Steve

ReddyWatts
04-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Steve, can an employee access the customer private infromation on your system using a password?

sjslhill
04-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Employee here? Nope, it's just Sarah and myself and it's password protected. No problems in 6 years so far.

Pay-Pal has all your information, my guess is they could lose info as well.

ReddyWatts
04-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Steve, I know your system is secure, but I dont on most of the other sites. That is why I stay with PayPal. I would use your CC system, but only because I know you.

sjslhill
04-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Like I stated, I understand. Thank you for trusting us!

ReddyWatts
04-21-2007, 10:11 AM
I bought a laptop using a USPS Money Order. The guy refused to send it. I went to the Post Office and they told me not to worry, They WOULD get my laptop, but I did have a waiting period before I could file the claim. It is a Federal Offense to not ship an item purchased with a Money Order. If you buy a money order from a convenience store you do get the "Guarantee of Delivery'. I wrote the guy and asked if he knew it was a Federal offense to not ship the item and I received it promply.

If you loose something purchased outside of the USA, there is no Postal guarantee.

I just really liked the way the Postal employee looked at me and said 'WE WILL GET YOUR LAPTOP'.

Steven Vaccaro
04-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Funny thing happened to me the other day. I get two new "GM mastercards in the mail. I didnt order new ones? They had new numbers. I called to see what the heck was going on. It turns out someone hacked a MAJOR department store my wife shops at and got 1000's of numbers. We may or maynot have been one of them but to make sure they sent out new cards with new numbers to everyone.

ReddyWatts
04-21-2007, 10:27 AM
I have a friend that had his Identity Stolen. It was a total nightmare for a long time. SO be aware and careful when using your credit/debit cards anywhere. My point is that the fewer places on the internet that has your information the better.

sjslhill
04-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Yes and Bellsouth lost 1.5 million customers data and gave us one free year of protection service. Any of this can happen at any time. What is to keep 10 Pay-Pal employee's from stealing 100,000 bank accounts and CC data?

sjslhill
04-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Watch people in line with cell phone camera's as well. They will take an image of your card

sjslhill
04-21-2007, 10:32 AM
In the end, this thread is getting out of hand. Pay-Pal allowed a seller to rip me off and I am not using them in the future. You do not have Pay-Pal support if your a customer in my example. We have paid them thousands in fees and I got screwed.

thanks,
Steve

ReddyWatts
04-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Steve, I was talking to a friend that owns a business and takes credit cards. He said; We are taking a chance everytime they take an order over the phone or online. If you do not get a signature or a voice recording of the purchase, you are at the mercy of the buyer. All the buyer has to say to the credit card company is that they did not order the item and it is theirs to keep for free. The seller eats the cost of the item. Is this true???

sjslhill
04-26-2007, 04:02 PM
In 7 years I have had 1 or 2 problems with CC orders. We use UPS and USPS priority with delivery conform. We have the on line order as well. The phone is another story but it's never happened.

A Russian had a stole credit card once and we lost it all on that one.