PDA

View Full Version : ETTI 150 ESC repairs

teddyboy
02-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the replacment of the input capacitors on a ETTI 150 ESC? I have some leakage, but not a failure as of yet. :doh:I understand that the company is overseas and getting the unit repaired and tested is almost impossible. Any Inputs? Thanks in advance.

video200
02-07-2011, 01:53 PM
not shure about the whole over seas thing and with that it beeing impossible.
i do beleve that steven\OSE here have some contacts with ETTI and might be able to help you

Steven Vaccaro
02-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the replacment of the input capacitors on a ETTI 150 ESC? I have some leakage, but not a failure as of yet. :doh:I understand that the company is overseas and getting the unit repaired and tested is almost impossible. Any Inputs? Thanks in advance.

Did you buy it from OSE? Either way you can send it to me for repair. The only difference is the cost.

video200
02-07-2011, 02:07 PM
speak of the admin and there he is :D

teddyboy
02-07-2011, 03:32 PM
I got it in a used boat and want to add the extra etti cap bank. Where do I sent it to. I did not buy it directly but do regular business with OSE. By the way, I have an order on the way right now. Thanks

Ted Wachter (teddyboy)

Steven Vaccaro
02-07-2011, 04:04 PM
I got it in a used boat and want to add the extra etti cap bank. Where do I sent it to. I did not buy it directly but do regular business with OSE. By the way, I have an order on the way right now. Thanks

Ted Wachter (teddyboy)

Adding the extra cap bank is not something they do. They sell the cap bank for the customers to install.

teddyboy
02-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Steven,

The installed capacitors on the board have started to leak when the ESC was overheated. I can add the additonal cap bank when I get it from you, but I wanted to get the "leakers" replaced.

Thanks, Ted Wachter

Steven Vaccaro
02-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Steven,

The installed capacitors on the board have started to leak when the ESC was overheated. I can add the additonal cap bank when I get it from you, but I wanted to get the "leakers" replaced.

Thanks, Ted Wachter

Send me an email from the ose products contact area so we can work on it.

Rumdog
02-07-2011, 05:10 PM
FYI, If you add the ETTI cap board, it will work in place of popped caps. I completely popped the stock caps on a 150 race, then added the cap board, and it worked better than new.

egneg
02-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I did the same thing to a Aquacraft UL-1 ESC. After I blew a cap I cut it out and added the etti cap bank and it works just as good if not better.

tharmer
02-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Dee has refused to repair a 100 I sent to him, he wants to charge me $150 for a new one. He replaced the 200 with no problem.
Terry

ice_spy
01-15-2012, 08:10 PM
FYI, If you add the ETTI cap board, it will work in place of popped caps. I completely popped the stock caps on a 150 race, then added the cap board, and it worked better than new.

Hi Rumdog,
please tell me how to replace the caps, i too have blown 3 of them right off the board. went off with a loud Bang!
Im sure however the ESC is still fine (navy race 150 opto). and wish to try the cap bank as you did.
Dee has kindly replied to an email i sent regarding repair, however postage is expensive to my country with fedex, then i have to add repair costs also, may outway just buying another new ESC.

regards Clint.

egneg
01-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Have you done any searches? There is a plethora of info and pictures that have already been posted.

ice_spy
01-18-2012, 03:46 PM
getting there thanks egneg. I know just about everything about caps now. More than my local Jcar auto electrical supplies shop sales staff. hahaha.

ice_spy
02-19-2012, 12:51 AM
I sent my ESC back for repair to Dee, excellent job. great service and comunication. I would not hesitate to send another esc back to Dee for repair, however i think i will be a bit more carefull with temps and over proping my boat next time. :biggrin: