PDA

View Full Version : Miss Geico Canopy and Tupperware lid

TazMotorsports
02-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Enjoying some rough water fun when I flipped the boat. First time no problem it righted itself and kept going. Next time not so lucky flipped and lost canopy and tupperware lid!:doh: I figured no problem just order them both. Get a call from local Hobby Shop stating they are both on back order to mid February. Any members have one or any idea where I can get these sooner???

Boomer
02-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Have you called Horizon Hobbies? They sell them. You could try putting the two part numbers in a google search and you should be able to find a set. I have an extra inner "tupperware" canopy if you can't find one.

Should be some around!
Boomer

TazMotorsports
02-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Horizon is closed due to weather. The hobby shop I order from stated thats where they get them from and they are back ordered till mid Feb. Let me know how much you want for the tupperware shipped to 33417. I saw someone on here was making stronger canopies. I'll order one from them. Thanks for your response and help.

Boomer
02-02-2011, 10:12 AM
The inner Canopy Seal: MG29 $3.99 PRB4103 - with the sales tax I paid and the shipping cost Horizon charged me, I have about $9.00 invested.
Without taking time to get a quote from the post office to mail it to you, I'd guess it cost $3 to mail it to you. So, call it $12 plus any paypal fee
I am happy to do that, but I still think if you do a Google search you should be able to find some hobby store that has the parts.

As far as the guys that were going to offer the new covers, they were not able to match the color, so if you wanted a white one, they might make you one, but then you'd have to try to paint it yourself, which is not as easy as it sounds.

Let me know
Boomer
Canopy: MG29
[PRB4102]
Check out this link OSE has them in stock (inner cover)
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-prb4103

TazMotorsports
02-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks Boomer. I'm just got a phone call from hobby shop saying Tupperware has arrived but still no canopy. They stated canopy has been pushed back until March. I appreciate your help. I'm going to find some one on here who is making them regardless of color.

Boomer
02-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Sent you a PM
Boomer

Darin Jordan
02-08-2011, 01:06 PM
From what I understand, this time of year is the Chinese New Year celebration, and ALL the workers migrate back out to their homelands out into the country. EVERYTHING gets shut down for this time period, and then often some of them have trouble getting back to their workplaces... Even to the point of NEVER coming back.

It's REALLY weird, but that's what happened last year with the MG as well. That's what made it late. I just got an e-mail this morning from one of the manufacturers with this as a reason as well.

Hopefully they'll get back to work now! Summer will be here soon! ;)

ray schrauwen
02-08-2011, 02:32 PM
From what I understand, this time of year is the Chinese New Year celebration, and ALL the workers migrate back out to their homelands out into the country. EVERYTHING gets shut down for this time period, and then often some of them have trouble getting back to their workplaces... Even to the point of NEVER coming back.

It's REALLY weird, but that's what happened last year with the MG as well. That's what made it late. I just got an e-mail this morning from one of the manufacturers with this as a reason as well.

Hopefully they'll get back to work now! Summer will be here soon! ;)

Some get left behind. Those that cannot afford to pay for the train fare back because wages were so low.
Sorry, hate to put a downer on the thread but, it is true not all workers get to go home to their families to celebrate.

LiPo Power
02-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Ray
Did you mod your MG canopy?
If so could you please post a picture of it?
Thanks
Robert

Some get left behind. Those that cannot afford to pay for the train fare back because wages were so low.
Sorry, hate to put a downer on the thread but, it is true not all workers get to go home to their families to celebrate.

ray schrauwen
02-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Ray
Did you mod your MG canopy?
If so could you please post a picture of it?
Thanks
Robert

Page 2 Post #42 and lower down.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=18855&page=2

LiPo Power
02-08-2011, 05:47 PM
:hug1:

Page 2 Post #42 and lower down.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=18855&page=2

kjohnsiii
02-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Great, I just broke mine at the lake over the weekend.....