PDA

View Full Version : turnigy 180amp esc without bec

MARKY C
01-31-2011, 07:57 PM
please can anyone tell me how to setup this esc to run without using the bec as ive heard there not to reliable. im wanting to use the esc on 6's with a 4082 1450kv leopard motor running a x445 prop. should i look to be changing the caps for the Etti Capacitor Bank for High Voltage 63V 5000u. please can anyone help.... ps ive heard people say that the bec has failed and casued probloms like frying the esc but what i dont understand is if the esc is fryed how would you know that the bec casued the problem in the first place....

LarrysDrifter
01-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Pull the red wire from the BEC clip.Dont cut the wire.Buy an external BEC and use it.The esc BEC plugs into the external and the external plugs into the reciever.I wouldnt worry about the caps.Or if you are,you can buy caps from the cap king website and solder 3 more to it.

forescott
01-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Or easier yet. Pull the red wire like Larry said and just use an rx pack!

BakedMopar
01-31-2011, 08:26 PM
Pull the red wire from the BEC clip.Dont cut the wire.Buy an external BEC and use it.The esc BEC plugs into the external and the external plugs into the reciever.I wouldnt worry about the caps.Or if you are,you can buy caps from the cap king website and solder 3 more to it.

I dont know what BEC your running but the ones that I have you dont plug the esc into the bec. You pull the red wire from the esc plug ads that goes to your throttle channel. The power leads go to your power source (main pack or external pack) and that plugs into your batt slot on you rx.

6sHyper
01-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Or easier yet. Pull the red wire like Larry said and just use an rx pack!

thats what i did, cheap and effective!

LarrysDrifter
02-01-2011, 12:13 AM
I dont know what BEC your running but the ones that I have you dont plug the esc into the bec. You pull the red wire from the esc plug ads that goes to your throttle channel. The power leads go to your power source (main pack or external pack) and that plugs into your batt slot on you rx.

Your right.I was thinking of something else.You hit it on the dot on how to do it.Must have had a brain fart.