PDA

View Full Version : 1st Real Run Toady......GREAT SUCCESS!!!!

djmaincheese
01-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Ok boys, I got 2 words.... GREAT SUCCESS :)

Ran the boat as hard I could and got a run time of 11:50 on my Venom 6400mah Packs!!
I didn't take it easy at all, I was wot almost the whole time. Slowed down in the turns and did one stop - full acceleration to see the power, other than that I was going to run it till something exploded or I ran out of juice......thank goodness it was the latter.

Got the boat to shore and the Motor Temp Was 63*, the ESC was 64* and the Batteries were 100*

I was running the stock prop so Im definitely looking forward to trying a bigger prop.
First Real Good Run since I got the Boat.

Here is the full uncut video of the run....if you get bored skip to the end and you can see the temp's I got with my laser!! Not the best quality since I was using my GoPro at a distance, next run I will try the camera on the boat and get someone to film it from the shore with a decent camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ6b2dMlIo8

JPriami
01-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Congrats man. Glad it's working out for you.
I bet if there was more light and not cloudy it would help with the vid too. Along with being closer. Pretty nice cameras. Beats my iPhone 4 lol.
Now we get a refund from traxxas for making the boats run right don't we?

Make-a-Wake
01-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Nice! That 1300kv Leopard is a great motor..............4 pole and very efficient............cool as a cucumber to boot! I had thrown an M445 out there as a possible prop choice...............may get the magical "50".

Make-a-Wake
01-31-2011, 11:27 PM
Oh, and the run time is stupid long.........11 minutes!!! Great run!!!

ray schrauwen
02-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Great run time setup! nice!