PDA

View Full Version : Stock MG on 5s with m445 s/b/p

pyroM!KE
01-31-2011, 12:12 PM
Has anyone tried a m445 s/b/p on the stock MG on 5s? I just got one and I wanted to ask if anyone has tried that yet? It will be here thurs..

LiPo Power
02-01-2011, 02:07 AM
Well, if you are going to start messing arround with props on 5S you better get THIS (http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8946) to be on the safe side...
Or better yet, get THIS (http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8937) if you have few extra dollars to spent...
Stock ESC is great but Pro Boat is recomending 4S for it....

Diesel6401
02-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Well, if you are going to start messing arround with props on 5S you better get THIS (http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8946) to be on the safe side...
Or better yet, get THIS (http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8937) if you have few extra dollars to spent...
Stock ESC is great but Pro Boat is recomending 4S for it....

I would be more worried about the amp draw instead of the voltage. I have been bashing my proboat escs on 5s for a while, if you do the proper steps like change all the connections over dump the deans and dis-able the bec it will take it just fine. When I run 5s I've never ran higher then a 42mm prop, interested on the results if you do lol.

*Note - running 5s may void your warranty (you fry your esc, it's all on you not proboat)

pyroM!KE
02-01-2011, 12:20 PM
I would be more worried about the amp draw instead of the voltage. I have been bashing my proboat escs on 5s for a while, if you do the proper steps like change all the connections over dump the deans and dis-able the bec it will take it just fine. When I run 5s I've never ran higher then a 42mm prop, interested on the results if you do lol.

*Note - running 5s may void your warranty (you fry your esc, it's all on you not proboat)
Im not worried about the esc..If I burn it, that will be a good excuse to get a 180..:laugh:

Well see how it goes thurs or fri..I worked on it last night getting the 5.5 bullets on the esc and motor..That sucked!! It was a bitch getting them to solder up like I wanted them too..But I got it done and its done right..I also ordered a kinetic offset rudder v2..Cant wait till I get all my stuff in..Ill keep everyone informed about how the 445 on 5s works out..Im hoping its not gonna be like :flame42:..Ill do a pass or 2 and check temps a bunch of times..
:beerchug:
Cheers
Mike

pyroM!KE
02-08-2011, 09:17 PM
I should have known better...Ran 5s for the first time and i got about a 2 min run...Something went poof...I think the esc..I did everything suggested for 5s..Flex shaft spun effortless..Soldered 5.5 bullets everywhere..Nothing burnt..It just stopped..It wasnt too hot..OMG though..It was freggin fast!!I just wounder if since I got a newer kit if the esc was a cheaper version of the first batch? Because some people said with bec disabled it didnt matter if the on off switch in either position the esc would arm..Mine the switch has to be on to arm..who knows but I will be gitting a etti 150..
Also..This was my first run with the kinetic offset rudder and there wasn't any wah wah bounce..WOW with the etti esc, I cant wait to try 6s!!!!!!!!!!!

Diesel6401
02-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Did you run it with the larger m445 prop?

My esc has to be on to work as well and I don't have any issues. This esc has been around for a very long time.

pyroM!KE
02-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Did you run it with the larger m445 prop?

My esc has to be on to work as well and I don't have any issues. This esc has been around for a very long time.

Yeah I ran it with the 445 b/s/p...Out of the hole it was weak but top was CRAZY!!!!!!!

LarrysDrifter
02-08-2011, 10:54 PM
You could have bought the 150amp esc and sold the stocker to re-coupe some cash instead of blowing it up.

Diesel6401
02-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Yeah I ran it with the 445 b/s/p...Out of the hole it was weak but top was CRAZY!!!!!!!

Me thinks that's why she blew.... To much load at those RPM's, I don't think it was the 5s that bite ya, I think it was the m445 on 5s that got ya. Interesting enough I found that esc can handle over 60amps constant...

pyroM!KE
02-08-2011, 11:05 PM
You could have bought the 150amp esc and sold the stocker to re-coupe some cash instead of blowing it up.

Yeah but I listened to ery one else...It was a gamble...Thats just how I roll..:thumbup1:
Mabey Ill learn someday..:closedeyes:

Diesel6401
02-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Yeah but I listened to ery one else...It was a gamble...Thats just how I roll..:thumbup1:
Mabey Ill learn someday..:closedeyes:

You could have made it work.... Just needed to start with a smaller prop... I am pulling over 60 amps constant on my 45 amp esc... She can take some abuse, just not a m445 on 5s apparently :laugh:.....

Sorry about your esc..... :hug1:

LiPo Power
02-08-2011, 11:15 PM
M445 + T-120 or T-180 = speed

pyroM!KE
02-08-2011, 11:31 PM
You could have made it work.... Just needed to start with a smaller prop... I am pulling over 60 amps constant on my 45 amp esc... She can take some abuse, just not a m445 on 5s apparently :laugh:.....

Sorry about your esc..... :hug1:
Yeah whats bad is I have a x642 I should have started with but I was wishing...Ohh well..Im new at boats...So This crud wont happen again..Or will it..hehe..I got to say guys, It was a verrrrrrry bad assssss 2 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im just gald I had my fishing pole...Hey guys a pfleuger reel and a zara spook topwater lure works awesome as a go-getter..You can throw that lure WAY out there and the hooks are huge...:ohmy::crying: ... :ThumbsDown01: I hate knowing that..:eek:

Edit....
I also want to say...I got about 85% of the wah wah wah bounce to go away with the stock setup and alot of tinkering...But with the Kinetic offset rudder on the first try, it was a very different boat..no more wah wah wah! 4 real ! ! ! !