PDA

View Full Version : possible new club for jax, fl

DyrtyByrd
01-30-2011, 11:47 PM
this is just a feeler thread for a possible new club in jax, fl. not trying to steal members or step on any ones toes just wanting to know if there are any free angent rc boaters in jax that would be interested in joining a club. nothing is in stone right now just want to know if there would be enough interested for it to be worthwile for all involved. please post if interested, thanks

DyrtyByrd
02-06-2011, 09:39 PM
nobody runnin in north florida?

obrien
02-06-2011, 11:18 PM
I know there were few guys up that way, but I don't know how to contact them. You might be able to find some guys if you go to a nitro race. The guys that were running electric, I think also ran nitro stuff.

sailr
02-07-2011, 09:37 AM
I know there are some FE guys up that way. Herb Stewart was in contact with them before he passed away. I'm pretty sure they were looking to set up an IMPBA club. Herb was the District IMPBA director. Unfortunately, I don't know who they are. You might want to try to contact Doug Smock. He might have some info. His user name here is D.Smock .

sailr
02-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Looks like there is, or was, a club in Jax. They haven't updated their website in 5 years but it might be some sort of source for you.

http://nfloridaorcas.freeservers.com/

DJN1977
02-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I know there are a lot of boaters that go to a beautiful lake off of baymeadows somewhere in a buisness park. Try to contact Leggets RC Fun Store on sunbeam road. They will deff know of a lot of people. Hope this helps.:Peace_Sign:

DyrtyByrd
02-08-2011, 07:48 PM
thanks guys ive seen the orcas site but didnt think they were still around because it hasnt been updated just really looking for some local guys to run with soooo ill just keep searching

line6
02-18-2011, 10:36 PM
We run down in Daytona

Jason Sims

hebner
02-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Hey DyrtrByrd why don't you make a road trip this Sunday we will be racing at our site in Sarasota should be fun.