PDA

View Full Version : Mar 7-9th, 2008 Az NAMBA Winter Warm-Ups

D. Newland
12-20-2007, 12:00 PM
This thread will be the official sign up thread for the Az race! Thank you, Steven!

Crossroads Lake in Gilbert, Az. 1/8th Course will be used.

Lenny Blake (http://www.rumracingproducts.com) will be our CD again! That's 4 years in a row for Lenny. He's a tremendous asset to our race and we're glad to have him signed up again.

Friday will be open water with 3 classes running in the afternoon. Sat/Sun will have a full race schedule.

Friday:

LSO: Sponsored by DROBIE (Doug Robichaud)

Dennis Oldenburg 82
Dan Proulx 86
Tony H 75
Dick R 2.4
Randy 75 or Spectra
Lee 84
Alan Nayman DSM
Dave Arndt 73/90
Kevin Whitehead 2.4
Bill Malvey FASST

N-2 Hydro Sponsored by Solinger Hardware (http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=sol-hydro):

David Newland Ch 83
John Fruge Spektrum
Dick R 2.4
Randy 75 or Spectra
Kevin Whitehead 2.4

1/8th Scale (2 rounds) Sponsored by Pat @ rclipos.com (http://www.rclipos.com/):

John Fruge Spektrum
Randy 75 or Spectra
Howard Tucker 2.4
Alan Nayman DSM

Saturday:

N-2 Mono: Sponsored by BBY Racing (http://www.bbyracing.com/)

David Newland 83
Pete Boyle 78
Dennis Oldenburg 82
Dan Proulx 86
Dick R 2.4
Randy 75 or Spectra
Alan Nayman DSM
Dave Arndt 73/90

P Offshore: Sponsored by our very own Offshoreelectrics.com! Thanks, Steve.

David Newland 83
Pete Boyle 78
Dan Proulx 86
Tony H 89
Lee 84
John Fruge Spektrum
Dave Arndt 73/90

P Sport Sponsored by Doug Peterson DAIRYMASTERS, LLC

Dan Proulx 86
Randy 75 or Spectra
Lee 84
Dave Arndt 73/90
Kevin Whitehead 2.4

Open Cat Sponsored by Vision Hobbies (http://visionhobbies.com) and MiniCat Racing (http://minicatracingusa.com)

John Fruge Spektrum
Bill Malvey FASST
Randy Naylor

LSH Sponsored by Don Wollard from RumRunner Racing

David Newland Ch 83
Pete Boyle Ch 78
Dennis Oldenburg 82
Dan Proulx 86
Dick R. 2.4
Pat McDonald Nomadio SS
Lee 84
Dave Arndt 73/90
Kevin Whitehead 2.4

Open Mono Sponsored by SoCal Fast Electrics

John Fruge Spektrum
Bill Malvey FASST
Randy 75 or Spectra
Howard Tucker 2.4

Sunday:

SV 27/Blackjack Sponsored by Steve at Flightpower USA (http://www.flightpowerusa.com)

John Fruge Spektrum
Lee 84
Randy 75 or Spectra
Howard Tucker 2.4
Alan Nayman DSM
Bill Malvey FASST

N-2 Offshore Sponsored by Fred from Uniquefe.com (http://uniquefe.com)

David Newland 83
Pete Boyle 78
Dan Proulx 86
Dick R 2.4
Dave Arndt 73/90
Kevin Whitehead 2.4

P Mono Sponsored by Steve at Flightpower USA (http://www.flightpowerusa.com)

David Newland 83
Pete Boyle 78
Bill Malvey FASST
Dan Proulx 86
Tony H 75
Dick R 2.4
Lee 84
Howard Tucker 2.4
Alan Nayman DSM
Dave Arndt 73/90

N-2 Sport Sponsored by LIGHTZ PRODUCTS/Pat McDonald

David Newland 83
Dan Proulx 86
Pat McDonald Nomadio SS
Randy 75 or Spectra
Lee 84
Howard Tucker 2.4
Dave Arndt 73/90
Kevin Whitehead 2.4

SV 27 OPC Tunnel Sponsored by Darin Jordan/Banzai HydroSports

John Fruge Spektrum
Pat McDonald Nomadio
Dick Roberts 2.4
Tony H 75/89
Kevin Whitehead 2.4

1/8th Scale (3 rounds) Sponsored by Pat @ rclipos.com (http://www.rclipos.com/)

John Fruge Spektrum
Randy 75 or Spectra
Howard Tucker 2.4
Alan Nayman DSM

Any other class that gets 3 racers will be added.

We run under NAMBA rules. We also will run the hull restrictions as listed on the IMPBA trial rule set, and those length limits will apply to Hydros as well. We will be sprint racing 1 mi. 4 min Offshore heats. 3 heats/day.

LSH, LSO and SV 27 are LiPo friendly classes, (5000 mah max). Also, SV 27 power systems (ESC and motor) are allowed in LSH and LSO. Scoring will be determined at the drivers meeting (score together or separate).

SV 27/Blackjack race rules will be determined by racers that enter the class (what mod's allowed, etc).

$20 for first entry, $5 each additional entry. Class sign up sheets can be handed in on the day of the event. If you would like to pre-register and pre-pay, please complete the following information and mail it with a check made out to Pat McDonald to:

Pat McDonald
1656 N Sawyer
Mesa, Az 85207

Name/Address:
Phone Number:
Email address:
NAMBA #:

Please list your classes and frequencies.

Class sponsorships are also available for $50.

Hotel information:

Speep Inn: 6347 E Southern Ave. Mesa, Az 85206. (480)807-7760

**Recommended** Quality Inn & Suites: 1410 S Country Club Dr. Mesa, Az 85210 (480)964-2897

La Quinta Inn & Suites: 6530 E Superstition Springs Blvd. Mesa, Az 85206 (480)654-1970

Thank you! Post here if questions.

dennis
12-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Sign Dennis Oldenburg up for:

LSO Channel 82
N2 Mono Channel 82
LSH Chsnnel 82

Dan Proulx
12-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Sign me up for:
Friday
LSO

Saturday
N2 Mono
P Offshore
P Sport
LSH

Sunday
N2 Offshore
P Mono
N2 Sport

All on channel 86

Thanks,

Dan Proulx

Doozie870
12-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Sign me up.

Friday- LSO, N2 hydro
Sat.- LSH
Sun.- N2 Offshore (assuming the motor and esc survives friday)

spectrum radio.

Doozie870
01-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Will not be able to attend. Thanks

properchopper
01-01-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm in for :

Friday : LSO ch 75

Saturday : P Offshore ch 89

Sunday : P-Mono ch 66

Guys , there may be 3 TS-2 Spec SV 27 Tunnels ! Hope we can fit them in as an exhibition class or some such thing !

Mr. Proulx : I'll be sending you a ticking package ; please stand directly over it when you open it !! lol:huh:

D. Newland
01-02-2008, 02:40 PM
I would like to cancel from the race, and I wish Aquacraft and the "Grim Raper" the best. Thanks for trashing the affordable spec classes for chinese super profit.

James, I am sorry to hear this. We have always tried to gear our race towards the newer racer to gain knowledge and experience at a well run event. I feel bad (really bad) that we have done something that makes you feel this way.

Just so you know, Pete, Pat and I don't want to push the 700's out the back door. However, we do recognize that the 700 brushed setup is no longer the "hands down" favorite 12 cell recommended setup for newbies. The SV 27 motor/ESC combo has changed that, and all we're trying to do is test run the SV 27's against the 700's to gain experience and see if it's a good direction to pursue. It's hard to have online chats about something without any racing experience. That's what ALOT of people are doing right now, and we'd rather see it with our own eyes, so to speak.

Also, keep in mind that it is NOT set in stone about the scoring of 700's vs SV27 setups. That will be determined at the drivers meeting. If you attend and want them scored separately, I will do my best to make that happen.

I would comment on how the SV 27 setups run against the 700, but I don't think that's your main concern. But, just so you know, Pete and I still run 700's. I'm not sure what Pat is going to do. He has the equipment to run it both ways.

Please keep our race in mind. You know first hand that it's alot more than just heat racing.

D. Newland
01-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Class entries updated.

SV 27 Tunnels will be added, but which day????

SJFE
01-02-2008, 04:46 PM
If I may stray off subject slightly. In regards to the tunnel class. If you ran an AMMO 36-56-1800 and Great Planes 45 amp esc(witch is probably the same as the sv) would that be a legal entry? The specs would still be the same. The only diffrence is the ammo is a 2 pole motor and the SV is a 6 I think.
Thanks,
Tom

D. Newland
01-02-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm sure that if the motors matched up in Kv and mass and the ESC's are both rated at 45 amps, then nobody would have an issue with that setup running. We try to be as inclusive as possible. After all, we bill our race as a "Warm Up" race! It wouldn't be sporting of us to not allow a comparable tunnel setup.

D. Newland
01-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Dick Roberts-Clean out your in/out basket on RRR.

PatrickM
01-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I agree with Dave.... lots of racers are wondering how other motors and ESC's will stack up against the SV27 setup, some with the idea of including other brands in the proposed spec. Here's the opportunity to find out. I don't think that anyone will get upset, unless your setup is clearly the class of the field...;)

SJFE
01-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks guys I was wondering how that would go over:)

Flyguy55
01-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Dick Roberts-Clean out your in/out basket on RRR.

Done done done

Flyguy55
01-02-2008, 09:39 PM
I have a SV27 OPC I hope to test this weekend. I'll bring it along If i can get it to handle :-) , and you decide what day :-)

Class entries updated.

SV 27 Tunnels will be added, but which day????

Flyguy55
01-02-2008, 10:00 PM
If I may stray off subject slightly. In regards to the tunnel class. If you ran an AMMO 36-56-1800 and Great Planes 45 amp esc(witch is probably the same as the sv) would that be a legal entry? The specs would still be the same. The only diffrence is the ammo is a 2 pole motor and the SV is a 6 I think.
Thanks,
Tom

According to grim , the SV 27 motor is a spec. motor , not an Ammo
Specs
This is the AquaCraft Marine Brushless Motor for use
with the AquaCraft Super Vee 27

FEATURES: Direct replacement motor
Brushless In-Runner design
Pre-installed 3.5mm gold bullet connectors

INCLUDES: One B36/56 Brushless Marine Motor

REQUIRES: Installation

SPECS: Length of can: 2.07" (53mm)
Length including shaft: 2.8" (72.77mm)
Stator length: 56mm
Diameter: 1.42"(36mm)
Shaft diameter: 5mm

Must be a misprint . Hard to get a 56 mm stator in a 53 mm can
Can measures 53 mm .

Specs for the Ammo

SPECS: Motor Diameter: 1.42" (36mm)
Motor Length: 2.2" (56mm)
Shaft Diameter: .197" (5mm)
Shaft Length: .591" (15mm)
kV Rating: 1800 rpm/V
Weight: 10oz (283g)
Input Voltage: 14.8-22.2V
Max. Constant Current: 50A
Max. Surge Current: 90A
Max. Constant Watts: 1110W
No Load Current: 1.9A

D. Newland
01-03-2008, 11:32 AM
John and Bill-Do you have a preference as to which day to run the tunnel's?

D. Newland
01-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Race site has been confirmed.

Crossroads Lake in Gilbert, Az

SJFE
01-05-2008, 10:16 AM
I'd really like to make it. Goodle maps state 2,469 mi – about 1 day 13 hours. Thats some driving.

jfruge
01-05-2008, 11:09 AM

I say Sunday for the OPC tunnels... I also say if we don't get any more SV27 sing ups lets just replace that class with the SV powered tunnels...

Fun Fun!

Bill-SOCAL
01-05-2008, 12:37 PM

Doesn't matter to me. Pick a day, tell me when.

I would recommend that the one constant be an ESC with a 45 amp max rating like the stock SV. Already people are wandering away from the idea of a true spec class. And there hasn't even been a race. The whole idea I thought was to have a number of essentially identical boats to run against each other. I must have misunderstood that point.

PatrickM
01-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Ran my WOF with the SV27 power package for the first time today and am somewhat pleased with the results, but it does need some fine tuning...

One of our goals at the Winter Warmups is, and has been, to put on a laid back, casual event to allow racers to test new combo's and setups for the coming season. The idea behind allowing racers to run something outside of a "one motor, one hull" spec is to learn how other products compare as well as to allow those who may not have the spec hardware to compete.

We are not trying to set a precedent for future events or spec rule proposals, simply trying to be inclusive and maybe attract another entry or two. If a non SV setup is out of line performance wise, the issue will be addressed at the drivers meeting and a decision to allow or disallow the entry can be made by the racers.

From my observations running the OB SV27 setup today, I tend to believe that the Aquacraft ESC is underrated at 45 amps, most likely just a nice round number that was picked for warranty purposes....:olleyes: The tunnel was running at comparable to LSH speeds, but burning nearly double the mah used by the SV27 setup in my DH shovel.

jfruge
01-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Patrick, that sounds good to me. I also think that if Tom is willing to dirve 2,469 miles to come join us he can run what ever he has in his tunnel! Closer to the spec rules the better.... but hay... if gets him run with us... bring it on!

:iagree: This should be a great event!

I know I am counting the days.

Dan Proulx
01-06-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm thinking about entering LS OPC and Sunday would be my preference too.

Tony - regarding that package you sent me that was supposed to be ticking...I think you sent me the wrong one cause this one is only vibrating?

I'm not sure I want to open it.

Dan

properchopper
01-06-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm thinking about entering LS OPC and Sunday would be my preference too.

Tony - regarding that package you sent me that was supposed to be ticking...I think you sent me the wrong one cause this one is only vibrating?

I'm not sure I want to open it.

Dan

I'm cool with Sunday too.

Dan : Something musta' gotten switched ; kinda' explains why my girlfriend's been so grouchy lately :doh:

RandyatBBY
01-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Dave and Pete Hi
Well I wanted to put in my classes for the WWU IV
Only have one question(right now) Can I run my SC26 with the Blacl Jack guys? Sounds like fun?

Friday:

LSO CH75 or Spectra
N-2 Hydro CH75 or Spectra

Saturday:

N-2 Mono CH75 or Spectra

P Sport CH75 or Spectra

Open Mono CH75 or Spectra

Sunday:

SV 27/Blackjack If the SC26 is allowed CH75 or Spectra

N-2 Sport CH75 or Spectra
1/8th scale CH75 or Spectra

I am not sure if I am gona wish I signed up for more but at my age 3 a day should be enough.

jfruge
01-06-2008, 09:11 PM
:buttrock: Guys, how much per boat and when can we pay :buttrock:

Fun Fun

Quietlee
01-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Here's what I'm planning on for classes. All on Ch 84

Fri
LSO

Sat
P Offshore
P Sport
LSH

Sun
SV27
P Mono
N-2 Sport

Gonna be fun!

D. Newland
01-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks Randy and Lee for signing up!

Hotel and race fee information will be posted this week.

Race class list updated. SV 27 Tunnel happening on Sunday. Who's in??

properchopper
01-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm in for OPC Tunnel on Sunday. [ will specify radio shortly] Another fine mess you've gotten me into !

BTW did I read correctly that LSO is allowing SV motors & SC's ?

D. Newland
01-07-2008, 01:29 PM
...I would recommend that the one constant be an ESC with a 45 amp max rating like the stock SV. Already people are wandering away from the idea of a true spec class. And there hasn't even been a race. The whole idea I thought was to have a number of essentially identical boats to run against each other. I must have misunderstood that point.

Bill-Not sure if you're commenting about my post earlier in this thread, or generally responding to other threads on other boards about racers opinions about using the SV 27 motor and ANY ESC.

If you are responding to my thread, I feel I was clear in stating what would be allowed to run at our race, taking into account how we bill our race. I also threw in a little personal opinion of my own about any possible future spec rule, but I think that was obvious. Motors with similar mass, KV and ESC rating. We want to be inclusive, and we feel this will still keep the competition tight.

With that said, the Az Winter Warmups will run the OPC as follows: Any OPC type hull with outboard drive system. Current NAMBA P battery spec. Aquacraft SV 27 motor and ESC is the preferred power system. Other motors/ESC's of similar KV/mass/rating may be allowed if all entered racers agree to let it run at the drivers meeting.

With that said, If anyone planning on running OPC with a different power system, please let me know so we can discuss it.

Tony-Our intent was to always allow LSO with the SV 27 motor system, I just left it out of the postings by mistake. Remember that scoring of LSO and LSH heats will be determined at the driivers meeting. If racers feel the SV powered boats should be scored differently, then that's what will happen.

properchopper
01-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Tony-Our intent was to always allow LSO with the SV 27 motor system, I just left it out of the postings by mistake. Remember that scoring of LSO and LSH heats will be determined at the driivers meeting. If racers feel the SV powered boats should be scored differently, then that's what will happen.

Cool. I can just use one Sv setup in both OPC & LSO. I'm also hoping to be able to complete a heat or two this year !! :w00t:

Flyguy55
01-07-2008, 09:20 PM
I'll bring my SV27 powered OPC on 2.4 gig . its untested . After reading about Pats experience would you consider a shorter race then a mile ?
I'm concerned about cell damage . I think all the entries may be new.

Flyguy55
01-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi Pat
What props did you run ?

Ran my WOF with the SV27 power package for the first time today and am somewhat pleased with the results, but it does need some fine tuning...

From my observations running the OB SV27 setup today, I tend to believe that the Aquacraft ESC is underrated at 45 amps, most likely just a nice round number that was picked for warranty purposes....:olleyes: The tunnel was running at comparable to LSH speeds, but burning nearly double the mah used by the SV27 setup in my DH shovel.

D. Newland
01-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Class list updated. If there are any errors, please PM me.

Dick-With regards to the OPC SV 27 class, I think the racers that are signed up (including you) should discuss how the race should go, what props work, etc, etc. You may want to find out what the Pac Northwest guys are doing and see if it's possible to emulate their OPC program. Just a thought.

Flyguy55
01-08-2008, 11:19 AM
This from Jordan on another SV 27 OPC thread about their experience. I think they still run on a 10th mi course.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL
are guys running NiMH or LiPo? (please say LiPo!!).

4S1P Lipos! You'll want at least 4350mah... If you can get the 30C 4500s or whatever is up there... that would be best... Also, get GOOD water cooling on the motor (OSE aluminum water jackets work great for $14.95...)...

We started out trying to run 10-laps, which worked fun from a racing standpoint, but took the cells down dangerously low... We cut it back to 8-laps and that worked, but now we run them for 6-laps... which is about ideal for the non-paralleled system...

5 laps on a 8th course is compareable to 6 laps on a 10th to start.
Any one up for a Le Mans type start like the Champ boats ? we could draw for
starting positoion for the first heat.

PatrickM
01-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Dick, after reading your previous post, I was going to quote the same post from Darin..... ya beat me to it!

I agree on running less than a mile... on a GR 40/53-3 the WOF used 2500mah in 6 laps on a a course that was less than 1/8th mile, maybe larger than 1/10th. It needs to be trimmed out a bit more and may draw a little less when it's dialed, but I'm guessing its pulling over 60 amps.... the speedo didn't get over 90 deg.. Ordered a spare ESC today just in case. Also ran an M440, which seemed to work ok, but didn't get an accurate capacity drain on that run. Seem to recall reading that some were using up to 45mm props, gonna have to do some trimming on the REK to get that to fit.

jfruge
01-08-2008, 05:30 PM
I have a question.... What size corse are were going to be running this year @ WWIV?

I also agree.. with all the opc noobs and other possable problems. lets back off and not run these the full mile!

Thanks,

RandyatBBY
01-08-2008, 05:54 PM
I think I will sponsor N2 Mono. put me up there Dave

D. Newland
01-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Randy-Thank you!

Flyguy55
01-08-2008, 09:38 PM
WW IV SV OPC entries check out the thread for this class in the RC Boat club area
under WW IV SV OPC Class discussion

Thanks , Dick Roberts

properchopper
01-08-2008, 10:31 PM
David, please add my name to the OPC/SV 27 tunnel class. Also, a shorter race would suit me & my meager battery budget just fine. :biggrin:

D. Newland
01-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Class list updated. 1/8th course will be used.

Thanks to Joe Solinger for picking up class sponsorship for N-2 Hydro! His hardware is a piece of art and can be found right here on OSE. The longer rudder offered is a terrific upgrade from his previous version. I just put one on my N-2 rigger. Beautiful.

Also, Pat at rclipos.com has been added as a class sponsor!

Goodies also coming from RC-Hydros.com, and other vendors that are already listed as class sponsors!

D. Newland
01-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Entry fee information edited on main page, along with pre-registration information.

Other sponsors-Don Wollard from RumRunner Racing and Doug Robichaud (Drobie). Thanks, guys!

D. Newland
01-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Hotel information edited on main page.

Also, welcome Steve from Flightpower USA. He's sponsoring the SV 27/Blackjack class.

D. Newland
01-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Welcome Darin Jordan/Banzai HydroSports as our SV 27 OPC Tunnel sponsor!

D. Newland
01-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Welcome Flighpower USA for P mono, too. Also, SoCal Fast Electrics picked up Open Mono. Thanks, guys, and congratulations on your club formation!

I'm going to start another thread about SV27. Those that are signed up to run need to hammer out what you want to allow in that class. etc. There's something on the line now, so we want to be as consistent as we can.

D. Newland
01-14-2008, 03:02 PM
We've got a commitment from Lenny Blake for CD again!

Darin Jordan
01-18-2008, 11:42 AM
David and Pete...

I send my sponsorship committment to Pete yesterday afternoon... Should be there in a day or so....

SV27 OPC class is now covered! Have FUN guys!!

D. Newland
01-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks, Darin! Your support is appreciated.

jfruge
01-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Dave, please add me to P offshore.

Thanks,

D. Newland
01-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Class list updated.

Also thanks to Doug Peterson aka DAIRYMASTERS, LLC for picking up P Sport Sponsorship!

jfruge
01-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Dave, it looks like if you still can fit us in we now have 3 "T" class CATS we can run.

So-Cal Bill, Randy N, and John Fruge

Fyi

D. Newland
01-23-2008, 05:29 PM
John. We can add it back in for Saturday.

Are you sure Randy and Bill are in? Not doubting you, just want to make sure you're comfortable speaking for them.

jfruge
01-23-2008, 05:45 PM
I am sure about the 3 cats and the 3 fools that plan to run them... :w00t:

Also just a note I sent off my pre-register info and check today!

I did call both of them to make sure and were a go for launch.

I can't wait!

p1um1oco
01-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Sign me up for:

Friday
LSO

Saturday
N2 Mono
P Offshore
P Sport
LSH

Sunday
N2 Offshore
P Mono
N2 Sport

All on Channel 73 or 90.

Thanks,
David Arndt

D. Newland
01-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Class list updated! Things are lookin' goooood.

PatrickM
01-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks to Rick from VisionHobbies.com and Jim Slaughter from MiniCat Racing for picking up sponsorship of the Open Cat class!

D. Newland
02-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Fred from uniquefe.com (http://uniquefe.com) picked up N-2 Offshore!

D. Newland
02-21-2008, 04:07 PM
For those shipping equipment, please use my business address as nobody is home at my house during the day.

David Newland-State Farm
4150 W Peoria Ave Ste 133
Phoenix, Az 85029.

I will charge a $20 handling fee for each box that is sent to me. not.

D. Newland
02-27-2008, 04:19 PM
10 day extended forecast is out. Sunny and 80 degrees for Friday. No threatening weather system on the horizon that I can find! I will update Sat and Sun forecasts when I get them.

For Friday open water and racing, here's our game plan. First off, Pete and I live 1 hour away from the pond. We're good at early morning "getting our *!***!***!***!** together", but the drivers stand/retrieval boat, tables, chairs and generator are our responsibility and all have to be delivered to the race site. Traffic can be an issue...

So, we're planning on arriving at 8:00, but will need time to get things setup and running. I expect to have the course and drivers stand fully functional by 10:00. Hopefully sooner, but 10:00 may be about right. Give us a bit of time to focus on getting the site prepped, then our attention will shift to whatever you racers need.

You will have access to open water prior to 10:00, but access to the retrieval boat will be limited. The lake has 2 "side" areas where practice running can take place without interfering with the main course as the buoys are getting set up. Fishing poles with casting raquet balls will be on site as well.

We plan on Heat Racing Round 1 at 2:00, Round 2 at 3:30, and Round 3 at 5:00.

Lunch and drinks all 3 days will be provided.

Any questions, let me know!

properchopper
02-27-2008, 09:39 PM
David, I plan on leaving LA early Thursday & should be motelling it nearby. I can arrive early Friday & help out. Can you post the menu, seating arrangements and wine list in advance ? :tt2:

Darin Jordan
02-27-2008, 10:15 PM
I hope you guys get some video... Also... one thing that seems to be missing from most events are pics and videos of the participants doing their thing... Really brings the event home for those of us who can't be there!

Sure wish I could work out this trip... Go Get'em in the Spec SV27 OPC Tunnel class, brought to you buy BanzaiHydroSports.com!! ;)

D. Newland
02-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Tony-Your menu, wine list and seating selection will depend on if you keep your shirt buttoned up in the pits!

Darin-Dave Arndt has one of the best digital camera setups I've seen. He does a good job of documenting our race and I'm sure he'll have photos up on his website.

And, thanks for your generous class sponsorship of the OPC class! Pat and Kevin had their tunnels out on Saturday and they are looking very good. It should be an excellent class to watch!

D. Newland
02-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Welcome Jeff Michaud from insaneboats.com (http://www.insaneboats.com/) to our Az raffle!

properchopper
02-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Tony-Your menu, wine list and seating selection will depend on if you keep your shirt buttoned up in the pits!

Well since I'm an "actual" Vice Commodore of an actual model boat club, this year I'll be wearing my blue blazer & ascot. But just wait 'till the NAMBA vote on my proposal for "clothing optional" races hits the next newsletter ! :banana:

Quietlee
03-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Well since I'm an "actual" Vice Commodore of an actual model boat club, this year I'll be wearing my blue blazer & ascot.

Ascot? What?,,, did you grow your beard out? I don't think that's considered an ascot. :bounce:
Dave is planning on bringing his camera but he's also planning on racing more this year. I'm sure he'll still get a couple gigs of pics. I'm planning on bringing the video again and I hope to get some posted this year now that my computer and ISP want to work together. :frusty:
I just hope I can handle the nearly 60 degree temp change. :thumbup:

properchopper
03-01-2008, 01:26 AM
I really grooved on last year's video montage, that was really cool. Bring lots of memory this year; I intend to finish at least one lap :w00t:

properchopper
03-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Anyone bringing Howard's life-sized poster this year ?

p1um1oco
03-02-2008, 12:00 AM

Darin-Dave Arndt has one of the best digital camera setups I've seen. He does a good job of documenting our race and I'm sure he'll have photos up on his website.

And, thanks for your generous class sponsorship of the OPC class! Pat and Kevin had their tunnels out on Saturday and they are looking very good. It should be an excellent class to watch!

Awe Man, you mean I have to take pictures of people this time :)

Can't wait, my shipment is somewhere between Iowa and Arizona at this time. It all made it into one box and only weights 75 pounds, with 5 boats two of which are over 32 inches long.

Dave

D. Newland
03-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Anyone bringing Howard's life-sized poster this year ?

Yes, as long as my wife doesn't mind the bare spot on the bedroom ceiling for a few days.