PDA

View Full Version : No Permission

FloatDaBoat
01-25-2011, 03:01 AM
Anyone else having this problem?

Sometimes when I'm viewing thumbnail pics, I get an error message, stating I don't have permission to view a photo. It's weird, 'cause I may have already viewed the first two of five pics, then get the message on the third thumbnail, but be allowed to view photos four & five.

Also, I've been disallowed from posting to a thread, receiving a message stating that I have to be logged in, when I'm already logged on.

DOH !!!

JimClark
01-25-2011, 03:10 AM
Try logging out and clearing your cookies and then logging back in

FloatDaBoat
01-25-2011, 03:11 AM
Forgot to Post DaPic of the Error Message - - HAW !!!

Diegoboy
01-25-2011, 06:38 AM
When you log in, do you have the "remember me" box checked?

The site will log you out in 15 min when you fail to switch to a new page. navigating the same thread looking at attachments will not switch pages, therefore result in a log out.

Do you fix the problem by logging back in?

FloatDaBoat
01-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Try logging out and clearing your cookies and then logging back in

Nope !!!

Cleaned Cookies … tried to view the “No Permission” pic above … up popped the dreaded NO PERMISSION message again … my own pic - - Lots O Luck !!!

FloatDaBoat
01-25-2011, 03:07 PM
When you log in, do you have the "remember me" box checked?

The site will log you out in 15 min when you fail to switch to a new page. navigating the same thread looking at attachments will not switch pages, therefore result in a log out.

Do you fix the problem by logging back in?

I'll have to try the 'remember me' trick, but logging back-in doesn't fix the problem.

Steven Vaccaro
01-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Looks like a browser security setting. Try to reduce the security setting or a different browser.

FloatDaBoat
02-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Since I've been placing the green check-mark into the “Remember Me?” box, no instances of the “No Permission” problem have reoccurred.

Thanks DiegoBoy !!!

andym
02-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Larry be careful these computer things are just black magic, vodoo and witches tits for the modern man!! Do not trust them. I think we should burn them all and then we can all live together on a nice lake and play with our boats with no need for internet. Oh and of coarse Steve shop is there too.

FloatDaBoat
02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Larry be careful these computer things are just black magic, vodoo and witches tits for the modern man!! Do not trust them. I think we should burn them all and then we can all live together on a nice lake and play with our boats with no need for internet. Oh and of coarse Steve shop is there too.

HAW !!! Playing with boats on a nice lake is an idea I relish; I don't think I'd be able to survive/stay sane without the internet.