PDA

View Full Version : Radio distance

Gary
01-23-2011, 04:32 PM
I have a Hitec Agressor SRX radio and Synth rec. and have always felt that i never had good distance/ range with it. I run my boats fast so i send them out far to around 100-125 yards before I bring it back. Many times I have to hold the radio up high to stop the glitching. Now i run the same setup on my Buggy and its even worse. Both run around 90mph so there out there pretty far and than pass me the same distance, Would 2.4 gig make a difference? Any radios out there that have great range to them?

Insaniac
01-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Try the Airtronics Sport 2.4GHz. It's about 80 bucks on sale and uses 8 cells with a range of 1000 feet.

ls1fst98
01-23-2011, 09:57 PM
i have a traxxas 2.4 link radio in my evo and in my boat. with the revo it can virtually go as far as i can see the truck and it still has perfect reception. no interference, and the advantage of a built in failsafe is a great thing.

Make-a-Wake
01-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Got 2.4 ghz myself.............i go til i have trouble seeing as well.............no probs.

ls1fst98
01-23-2011, 10:41 PM
yeah i have yet to be on a lake big enough to test that theory with my boat, but then again, i really dont want to test it. with the revo i didnt mind too much since i did have a second fail safe installed just in case, but the built in works on the revo. i tried to switch off the receiver in teh boat but the ESC does not go to zero throttle, actually to about 1/4 so technically with signal loss it will run away. can anyone else confirm or deny this? am i doing something wrong?

Gary
02-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks guys!!. Purchased the Airtroncs 2.4 and installed it in my rc buggy. Sent this thing so far out it was hard to see it at the end of the road. No glitching what so ever. Orderd two more recievers for my two Hydros as well. This should be a great change in have perfect controll.