PDA

View Full Version : Least expensive way to ship down under

RayR
01-22-2011, 06:21 PM
While I haven't sold many boats, every time I put one up I get requests to ship to Austrailia. When I check, the normal carriers prices are huge. Anybody got a better way to ship down under?

Thanks,

Ray

keithbradley
01-22-2011, 06:28 PM
While I haven't sold many boats, every time I put one up I get requests to ship to Austrailia. When I check, the normal carriers prices are huge. Anybody got a better way to ship down under?

Thanks,

Ray

USPS is usually the cheapest, but its always expensive. Packages have to be put in a kangaroo's pouch and bounced all the way to their destination. Kangaroo labor isnt cheap, they are all union.

Anyways, USPS.

ozboater
01-22-2011, 09:05 PM
usps for sure.. i shipped a mate of mine a guitar, UPS wanted about 800 or so... shipped usps with insurance for about 150..

Basstronics
01-22-2011, 09:12 PM
UPS is expensive for international. They charge brokerage.

Did you check DHL? All they do is international now...

nobbiworld
01-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Ray, still interested if you can find a better way. Steve

drwayne
01-23-2011, 03:41 PM
DHL, FedEx, USPS.. in any order . me being a kangaroo accustomed to expensive OS freight.

Size and weight the killer.
Had 1/8 scale shipped out DHL .. second box carried everything detachable motor, pipe, hardware .. under 10lb per box .. worked out 1/3 a single 15+lb box.

Cop this.. stuff from HC now lands my Australian door via Zurich !
Talk about the long way around....

W

Scott T
01-24-2011, 07:32 AM
Pretty sure most of my stuff comes USPS Priority. Seems to be the best price. However anything over 30" gets pricey pretty quick. But if it's worth it, we will pay! :thumbup1: