PDA

View Full Version : Prop dog ....

LiPo Power
01-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Make sure to check on it.
My was installed way pass the cut in the shaft for the screw to lock in... If I would run it this way it would slip arround the shaft or who knows...?
Also I could not loosen it up the screw on my motor to flex coupler so had to drill it out. WD40 did not help... Replacing it with Octura...

dana
01-16-2011, 08:09 PM
next time your coupler set screw wont come out just use a soldering iron to heat it up, then it will come right out with ease. it has something to do with the thread-lock they use....

JackBlack26
01-16-2011, 08:14 PM
+1 on the soldering iron. No need to drill. Just apply heat and it will break loose.

pyroM!KE
01-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Also a good quality set of rc car allen wrench's fit tighter in the allen screws..

LiPo Power
01-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Hmmmm, way to go....
Thanks guys...

forescott
01-18-2011, 12:56 AM
Also a good quality set of rc car allen wrench's fit tighter in the allen screws..

:iagree: I've stripped many a small set screw with cheap tools!

martin
01-18-2011, 04:12 AM
Along with good Allen wrenches i find it best to replace the Allen bolts themselves to a good quality make, Most of these bolts on these boats are cheap fairly poor quality Allen bolts where even a good quality wrench still isnt the best fit because of the poor tolerences their are in the hexagon in the head. You only have to look at the prices between these cheap bolts & good Quality ones, You get what you pay for. Thanks Martin.