PDA

View Full Version : NEW Thunder Power Duo Charger - TP820CD

Darin Jordan
01-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey Guys... Thunder Power is just about to deliver it's new Dual Charger. Pretty nice specs. I'm getting one and will comment further once I use it in the field a bit. Love the ability to discharge.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=THP820CD

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/THP/450/THP820CD-450.jpg

properchopper
01-14-2011, 08:12 PM
800 watts ! [400W X 2 !!] I will be getting one when they're done QC'ing the first batch. Totally the schizzle :rockon2: Start feeding your power supply steroids for this one !!

Chilli
01-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Whats with the new avatar Tony? You are not going Hollywood on us are you??

You look sharp!!

Doug Smock
01-14-2011, 10:03 PM
"Hollywood" has been taken for some time. We're gonna have to come up with something special for Tony. LOL
You do look pretty good Tony, you know, for you. LOL:hug1:

Oh sorry, nice charger.:thumbup1:
D.

properchopper
01-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Whats with the new avatar Tony. You are not going Hollywood on us are you??

You look sharp!!

Actually, out of modesty :laugh:, I didn't want to say anything, but today I got my "wings" as a member of the "Insane Mob" Race Team. (Good thing Jeff never saw me on the 1/6 mile) :doh:

properchopper
01-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Whats with the new avatar Tony. You are not going Hollywood on us are you??...

Nah, already been there, done that (in the 1970's) !!

LiPo Power
01-15-2011, 03:54 AM
Great charger!!!
What power supply would you need for this puppy?

properchopper
01-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Great charger!!!
What power supply would you need for this puppy?

When I charge two 4S 5000 packs at 1C, I pull about 12 amps. To charge two 4S 5000's at 5C, which nano's are capable of (or better), you'd need some BIG power, say 60 amps, if I'm doing the math correctly. I can't wait to get this charger, but hauling around a BIG power supply, or multiple car batteries WILL give you some excercise lakeside.

LiPo Power
01-15-2011, 12:22 PM
I have this PS so it will be ok for this charger.... :buttrock:

raptor347
01-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Nah, already been there, done that (in the 1970's) !!

This may be the most disturbing picture to ever be posted on this forum:bowdown:

properchopper
01-15-2011, 02:46 PM
This may be the most disturbing picture to ever be posted on this forum:bowdown:

Noted ! But if you're interested, B, handsome wallet-sized photo reproductions are available at : Properchopper's Hollywood Rock Star Vintage Clothing Outlet on Sunset. Will say that I got more a** than a toilet seat with that outfit partying at the Whiskey back in the day!

Oh, this a thread about chargers, sorry Darin, couldn't help myself :sorry:

Raydee
01-15-2011, 03:00 PM
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=emp-EOS720DUO
1000 watts total and dual screen so no more flipping back and forth betwen cells....that is my next charger for sure.

properchopper
01-15-2011, 03:43 PM
1000 watts total and dual screen so no more flipping back and forth betwen cells....that is my next charger for sure.

Agreed, looks really nice & worth considering. I now have two 1210 IS chargers and the first version Duo. Used frquently and charge just fine. Problem is, over time, both of my LBA 10's quit. The screen on one of my 1210 IS's faded out, and recently one balancing side of my Duo died. Nowhere can I find a place to get repairs, at least for the Duo.(unless someone can direct me to a site). OTOH , from what I've heard and read, TP offers good factory support , which I consider an important factor in deciding between these two chargers.

Steven Vaccaro
01-15-2011, 03:43 PM

So many choices out there! All of these new chargers should bring a new easy of use to our hobby.

Raydee
01-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Tony there was a rep on RC groups, his screen name is or was Nippon Dave. He has taken care of anybody that needed Hyperion help. So far between the DUO 1's 2's and 3's as well as the 1210i, I have owned 7 hyperion chargers and all have worked perfectly.

properchopper
01-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Tony there was a rep on RC groups, his screen name is or was Nippon Dave. He has taken care of anybody that needed Hyperion help. So far between the DUO 1's 2's and 3's as well as the 1210i, I have owned 7 hyperion chargers and all have worked perfectly.

Right you are ! He was actually the fellow who supplied me with a new screen for my 1210 IS. I'll seek him out. Thanks, Ray :biggrin:

RandyatBBY
01-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Actually, out of modesty :laugh:, I didn't want to say anything, but today I got my "wings" as a member of the "Insane Mob" Race Team. (Good thing Jeff never saw me on the 1/6 mile) :doh:

Well I guess I will have to get the Rolling Ghetto running for the next trip to the SAW's I just can not stay with the enemy on my trips:sarcasm1::smile:

No more tips from me as long as you are wearing the shirt!:smile:

So did you get a Job? I knew you needed one.

RandyatBBY
01-15-2011, 06:53 PM

Man what is this world coming to when I agree with you. After seeing that I am scared to hang with him on my trips to LA:laugh:

raptor347
01-16-2011, 12:29 AM

With this news and the picture, I vote for "Insane Pimp" for Tony's new nickname! :spy:

:bounce:

MarkF
01-26-2011, 10:16 PM
I have this charger and it works great. I haven't had a chance to play with all the features yet but look forward to it.
With the standard power supply youn can charge 2 - 6s batteries at once at 6 amps each. To be able to charge them both at 18 amps each you have to have a power supply that can put out 27 volts. Ioda makes one but its around $300. Right now I'm happy with my standard power supply and will just series up two car batteries if I want the extra amp draw.

Mark