PDA

View Full Version : HPR06 115... built thread

tiqueman
01-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Hey gents. Some of you know Ive had a HPR06 115 hull for a little over a year now. Ive changed my mind on the build about 2 dozen times and slowly slowly gathered parts and worked on it.

Quick history on the hull. Its third hand. Someone over seas originaly bought it from HPR. They installed water pick ups (plastic ones that were too small) and the motor mounts (which I wish were a little further back.) Then a friend of mine bought it and he sat on it for a couple years. Then I talked him out of it, and I sat on it until I had parts.

Actually, I began tinkering w/ it almost immediately. I installed transom doublers w/ locknuts epoxied to them. I purchased stainless bolts... I forget how long, 30mm maybe, that screw into the rudder bracket. I cut brass tubing about 25mm long, drilled out the transom to slide the tubing in and tacked them w/ superglue flush with the outside. then I filled the transom rudder extension w/ epoxy to lock it all in. This makes installing the rudder super easy.

For now Ive just lock nutted the upper part of the drives on. But Id like to mill out a small piece of aluminum, thread it and epoxy it in there for easy drive removal/ installation. I still need to change out the cheesy graupner water pick ups. Ive got the aluminum ones from OSE to put in. And I need to make battery trays. I also spoke w/ Hanspeter today, unfortunately he has the flu, and hes out of stock on the hydraulic fakes, so they are a couple weeks from fabrication. Once thats all done, shes done.

However, last weekend I did get to run it. My set up is Castle 1520s (1600KV) controlled by Ettis Opto 150s. Im running a Futaba 2.4 FASST radio, had a Hitec servo from OSE I threw in there to get it wet and some turnigy lipos. I was spinning stock 442s l&r

First run on Sunday, I ran 4S to be sure all was in check. There was a duck floating upside down, who had moved on to the next life that was apparently stuck on some fishing line or something because it wasnt moving. I lost sight of it and ended up hitting it. No damage done, just kicked the rudder straight back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX_kntUELNk

Then I went on later to 6S. She ran well but man was it chopy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntt4Es1mm-k

Monday I ran some GPS passes behind my house. First runs pulled a 66.4mph. I changed to my egneg 442s that had been cupped and detongued for my twin HOTR and ran a 71.5 mph pass. I dont have 447s, but they are in route.

Anyway, Im more than pleased. My goal was a nice flowing 60 mph HPR. Im not one who wants this thing at 100 because I cannot afford another hull if I destroy this one. Now Ive got it decaled up, part way anyway.. got a few changes to make and additions to lay on. Also, still deciding on if/ when I want to paint it. hope to get some good flat water vids of it this weekend. I cant belive how well this boat runs at these speeds. Nothing like running my HOTR :laugh: never know when that things going to go airborne....

domp444
01-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Looks great man! Congrats on finally getting it done :thumbup:

I think I'm going to use that rudder linkage idea with my MHZ build.

tiqueman
01-14-2011, 12:07 AM
Looks great man! Congrats on finally getting it done :thumbup:

I think I'm going to use that rudder linkage idea with my MHZ build.

Thanks!
Using the HPR fakes or what I did to get me by for now? If linkage as I have it now, I used the sullivan plane control cable. It comes w/ that yeloow like tubing for the cable to slide thru. I just drilled the hull out so the tubing slid in snug and cut it flush w/ the transom.

domp444
01-14-2011, 12:12 AM
Doing what you did to get you by for now. The rudder linkage is a bit different on mine and I think that would work best for it. Thanks for the cable name, that's what I was gonna start looking for soon. And cool that it comes with the tubing. I'll try to find some :)

tiqueman
01-14-2011, 12:15 AM
Doing what you did to get you by for now. The rudder linkage is a bit different on mine and I think that would work best for it. Thanks for the cable name, that's what I was gonna start looking for soon. And cool that it comes with the tubing. I'll try to find some :)

If you have any problems, let me know, Ive got a bunch of it....

johnf
01-14-2011, 12:15 AM
Awesome Scott! I love it. Congrats again. Oh, and when you asked me what parts I had in that pm discussion, I forgot to mention I do have the scale rudder hydraulics from hanspeter.

tiqueman
01-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Cool so you can send me yours so I can finish my boat!!!! Your so nice. :beerchug:

johnf
01-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Lmao, it looks so great as is! Hey, did someone fall in the water in the middle of the second vid? Sounds like it.

domp444
01-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Maybe I'll take a pair from you. I'll PM you in the morning to discuss it :)

johnf
01-14-2011, 12:35 AM
Oh, and IMO the finish on these hulls is nice enough to go without paint. Just decals like you did is great looking.

tiqueman
01-14-2011, 12:36 AM
Lmao, it looks so great as is! Hey, did someone fall in the water in the middle of the second vid? Sounds like it.

:rofl: as a matter of fact.. yes. My neighbor came w/ me to make his debut into racing at the club. The bank around the lake is up quite a few feet and very steep. He was working his way down to the waters edge to get some "at waters level" action shots and his foot got hung up on a root or something and his body kept going. He went hands first into 8" of drink. Unfortunately I missed it even though he was pretty much right in front of me. I was too focused on the boat... Hes ok and his camera (I-phone) dried out nicely.

tiqueman
01-14-2011, 12:39 AM
Oh, and IMO the finish on these hulls is nice enough to go without paint. Just decals like you did is great looking.

Funny, thats really the reason I went this route. Ive been wanting to do a specific paint job and was going to do it on my CT04 until I got this one. Now Im debating it b/c I dont want to put all the time and effort into it and have tape peal it up at some point. I think Ill just wait and paint the gasser....

johnf
01-14-2011, 12:39 AM
Haha, that sucks! Must have been freezing!

tiqueman
01-14-2011, 12:40 AM
Maybe I'll take a pair from you. I'll PM you in the morning to discuss it :)

Sounds good. Ill be out most of tomorrow but Ill catch up w/ you at some point.

johnf
01-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Funny, thats really the reason I went this route. Ive been wanting to do a specific paint job and was going to do it on my CT04 until I got this one. Now Im debating it b/c I dont want to put all the time and effort into it and have tape peal it up at some point. I think Ill just wait and paint the gasser....

Good choice IMO. With the painted scoop and frame, you really tied it together. No need to cover the clean finish already on them. I noticed alot of the nice looking hpr 115 builds on hanspeters website are just decals.

tiqueman
01-14-2011, 12:45 AM
Good choice IMO. With the painted scoop and frame, you really tied it together. No need to cover the clean finish already on them. I noticed alot of the nice looking hpr 115 builds on hanspeters website are just decals.

Thanks, thats my BJ26 blue :laugh: I thought about doing an interior, leaving the window clear so you can see thru it and really making it scale, but then again, a lot of work to blow it over at 70+ and destroy the hatch. Nahhh... I may get another hatch and components at some point and do one up purdy for show on 4S passes... :confused2:

johnf
01-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Judging from your first vid, I could have fun running that thing to mess around on 4s. I bet even more so on the 447s you have on the way. Bet it's easy on that power set up too.

tiqueman
01-14-2011, 01:04 AM
Yeah its still pretty enjoyable on 4S. Id like to try it on 5 as well. Motors stayed in the 60s and esc stayed under 80F on the 4S run. Here at the house when I got some good smooth water passes in on 6S w/ the worked 442s, escs got to 108 and motor if I remember correctly was low 80s. batts were also in the 80s. Im curious to see if the ettis will handle the 447s. Seems everything else will.....

bill34207
01-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Are you looking to try full 447's or detongued? If you want to get together Sat or Sunday (after air temp reaches something bearable) let me know. I can bring along the full 447's I just took off the Thunderbolt or even the pair I tried my hand at modding (and let you find out if I did them right). :bounce:

I've got a pair of 5s 5000's with 5.5 bullets that I can charge up for testing as well. I'm a little scared of your pond for the big boat but could bring along my little MM and P boat so we could play race some too.

tiqueman
01-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Are you looking to try full 447's or detongued? If you want to get together Sat or Sunday (after air temp reaches something bearable) let me know. I can bring along the full 447's I just took off the Thunderbolt or even the pair I tried my hand at modding (and let you find out if I did them right). :bounce:

I've got a pair of 5s 5000's with 5.5 bullets that I can charge up for testing as well. I'm a little scared of your pond for the big boat but could bring along my little MM and P boat so we could play race some too.

C'mon now, no guts no glory right? Yeah, my ponds certainly not a lap pond for 60+ mph racing. But SAW runs are great on it. Just short passes. I will have to check the back lake to see if its been filled back up. Its loooong long. Hundreds of yards long. Id like to get the HPR onit and let her open up a little to see if anythings left in these props. If not, I may be game for hitting Ackerman for some testing.
Id like to try it on the 5S and wouldnt mind swinging either or both of your 447s. I can throw an eagle tree on it to see what shes pullin. Ive also got my gps, so we can do some tuning to both at Ackerman....

bill34207
01-14-2011, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't mand playing on your pond with my smaller stuff and shooting your saw runs. Weather for Ackerman looks better this weekend than it did last weekend. http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?Submit=Go&sta=KSRQ&state=FL
Less breeze and coming more or less out of the north which should push the boats toward us in the event of a problem. I'd still feel more comfortable with a retrieve boat on hand though so would have to convince Chris into coming somehow. Ackerman is a big lake and my fishing pole only reaches so far.

JMSCARD
01-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Nice Scott... very nice..... those ettis look good too... :rockon2:

johnf
01-14-2011, 10:20 AM
You see what is in my future Jason?? lol

johnson22456
01-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Great looking boat. Congrats on the successful first runs.

tiqueman
01-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Nice Scott... very nice..... those ettis look good too... :rockon2:

Only one was one of yours.. the other I stole out of one of my hulls because it had the plug on it for the external bec. :thumbup1:

Great looking boat. Congrats on the successful first runs.

Thanks!

As soon as I can find the card that the build was somewhat documented on I will post up some pics. Heres the doublers I made w/ the lock nuts secured. I then epoxied them in place.

One of the things I had to re-do was how the upper plates of the drives were mounted. There was only 2 holes drilled for each (diagonally from eachother) but the upper plate is not square, its slightly rectangle, and the way it was (angle adjustment screw to the back) pushed the drives out away from eachother and they would have not been square. So I filled holes and re-drilled. Also, and fortunatley, the stingers were not completely mounted either because they were a bit off as well. There was only one hole each of the 4 drilled for the transom mount part of the stinger. No shaft hole was drilled yet thankfully.

I spoke w/ Hanspeter and he recommends running the props outwards on these hulls. He says they will corner better at higher speeds. I always though 'in" was the way to go. Hopefully I will get to try that out tomorrow if my "honey-doo" list allows.

tiqueman
01-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Oh and I almost forgot... workin on a little more scale details. They are just on there now to give me an idea of what it will look like. Im going to paint them, just not sure yet what color.

My neighbor commented, "yeah, but what happen when you roll it and lose a mirror?" to which I replied, "Its a HPR, if I lose a 6 dollar part, do I really care if I have to replace it?" :laugh:

Also this afternoon I installed all the washers and nuts on those tiny windshield frame screws....

blackcat26
01-16-2011, 08:27 AM
If I can get my hands on an HPR I'm gonna be gunning for ya Scott! Nice boat bro. You did a damn fine job!

tiqueman
01-16-2011, 10:58 AM
If I can get my hands on an HPR I'm gonna be gunning for ya Scott! Nice boat bro. You did a damn fine job!

Thanx Justin. Im quite pleased to say the least. It was worth the wait.. and the many many hours I spent staring at it empty figuring out what to do.

osprey21
01-16-2011, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't mand playing on your pond with my smaller stuff and shooting your saw runs. Weather for Ackerman looks better this weekend than it did last weekend. http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?Submit=Go&sta=KSRQ&state=FL
Less breeze and coming more or less out of the north which should push the boats toward us in the event of a problem. I'd still feel more comfortable with a retrieve boat on hand though so would have to convince Chris into coming somehow. Ackerman is a big lake and my fishing pole only reaches so far.
Good thing I'm easily convinced. :biggrin:

bill34207
01-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Good thing I'm easily convinced. :biggrin:

Are we having a secret run today? :spy:

tiqueman
01-16-2011, 11:10 AM
I want to but it may not be til later, if I can even do it.... but ohh I want to. Ill call you in a bit Bill... and Chris to if anything happens.

osprey21
01-16-2011, 11:20 AM
I want to but it may not be til later, if I can even do it.... but ohh I want to. Ill call you in a bit Bill... and Chris to if anything happens.
10-4

I was going to head over to my little test pond shortly (just to get my FE fix), but now I think I'll hold off and see if this pans out.

:bounce:

now if I can just find my :cursing: phone....

tiqueman
01-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Chris, PM me your number, I nevr saved it to my phone. Thanks!

bill34207
01-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Guess I better start charging at least a couple of packs for the mean machine. It would take way too long to get them charged for everything.

bill34207
01-16-2011, 11:31 AM
10-4

now if I can just find my :cursing: phone....

Is that why I haven't heard from you this weekend?

johnf
01-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Nice avatar Scott. The hpr is pimp!

dreamland s4
01-17-2011, 12:29 AM

hey bill whats up? its chris. i met you in sarasota on sunday, i was having trouble trying to upload some videos from that day. i was able to upload the mean machine wipe out, and the first run on the miller american. but it dint like the prop. i have the 2nd run when she ran better. but that one keeps failing too. i also recorded the goldenfinger when she tore that lake a new butt hole lmao...ill send links asap..

dreamland s4
01-17-2011, 12:33 AM
glad im able to say i got to see scotts cats maiden. good work mate! and you have a bada55 truck man.

tiqueman
01-17-2011, 09:20 AM
glad im able to say i got to see scotts cats maiden. good work mate! and you have a bada55 truck man.

Thanks

bill34207
01-17-2011, 12:46 PM
hey bill whats up? its chris. i met you in sarasota on sunday, i was having trouble trying to upload some videos from that day. i was able to upload the mean machine wipe out, and the first run on the miller american. but it dint like the prop. i have the 2nd run when she ran better. but that one keeps failing too. i also recorded the goldenfinger when she tore that lake a new butt hole lmao...ill send links asap..

Hi Chris. I was wondering what happened to you. We should be back at Ackerman again this coming Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing the mean machine gettin air.

tomstoys2
01-17-2011, 07:12 PM
:rofl:Nice job Scott!!! The boat looks and runs great. I love the sound of those twins.

Tom

tiqueman
01-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Thanks Tom.

I worked on it several.... several hours today. Getting to the bolts for the rear upper mounts for the drive is quite difficult. Its quite a reach. Installing washers and nuts on the bolts further forward wasnt bad, but trying to install the rears were nearly impossible. The reason is that the bolts come up so close to the transom that they come up thru the area thats built out (rounded) because of the corner where the bottom of the over hang meets the transom. And once thru, the back side of the bolt only clears the inside wall of the transom by about 1/16 of an inch. So, I made aluminum backing plates to use instead of nuts and washers. I drilled 4 holes, tapped it and put it all together. After a lot of grinding and testing and grinding and testing, they finally fit correctly. Heres a shot of one before it was worked to fit, along w/ a shot of it installed.

HYDROJERRY
01-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Bad azz boat Scott,,i should have hooked up with you on your vacation so you could teach me some stuff!!!do you have any pics of the struts installed,, would love to see them!!!Once i get done playin with my trucks im gonna start on my CF hull,,,right now im enjoying a 1/16 Erevo and rebuilding my old Traxxas Stampede but back to the boats soon,,,Funny your boats always turnout super cool !!!:bowdown:

dreamland s4
01-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi Chris. I was wondering what happened to you. We should be back at Ackerman again this coming Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing the mean machine gettin air.

hey check this vid out! sorry for poor quality....its my cell phone.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPMwv6Q1ibc

oh and btw looky what i got for 300$ practically new and with several mods done to it.

dreamland s4
01-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Thanks

your welcome brother!!! hey scott my buddy tu has a classic hydro (round nose) and hes lookn to add some decals/graphics on it, whered you get your decals from? well, i guess what i mean is did you get them made from someone or did you makem yourself? hes got a huuuge 47" hydro ($125) with motor. any idea to point in the right direction m8! thanks....

johnf
01-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Scott those mounting plates came out awesome! I want to do that with mine. Killer

tiqueman
01-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Bad azz boat Scott,,i should have hooked up with you on your vacation so you could teach me some stuff!!!do you have any pics of the struts installed,, would love to see them!!!Once i get done playin with my trucks im gonna start on my CF hull,,,right now im enjoying a 1/16 Erevo and rebuilding my old Traxxas Stampede but back to the boats soon,,,Funny your boats always turnout super cool !!!:bowdown:

Thanks Jerry. Ill get some pics of the stingers today.

your welcome brother!!! hey scott my buddy tu has a classic hydro (round nose) and hes lookn to add some decals/graphics on it, whered you get your decals from? well, i guess what i mean is did you get them made from someone or did you makem yourself? hes got a huuuge 47" hydro ($125) with motor. any idea to point in the right direction m8! thanks....

I had the Pro Marine decals made. All the others are off of various sheets I had laying around. But, I should be able to do decals soon. If your coming to Ackerman this weekend we will talk about it.

Scott those mounting plates came out awesome! I want to do that with mine. Killer

Hey John. yeah, they came out just as I wanted. I think Id do them a little different next time. The back screws are barely in any meat of the block. If I was to do it again, Id either buy a tool like the dremel flex extension and try to grind a little bit of the hull out, or I would just drill and tap the rear holes in the boat since the rear screws run thru at least 3/16 or more solid glass. Then Id only make that plate so it handled the 2 forward screws.

Also when I was done with it, I filled all the holes w/ caulk and put a thin layer for the mounting plates, both upper and rear, to press to. All this started because of a pretty major water leak. When I ran the boat, I got a little water in it. I tried different seals where the shaft exits the stuffing tube at the motor, but still had the same amount of water. Then Sunday when I put the boat in the water for some stills, as I picked it up out of the water I heard a lot of water sloshing around. Yeah, once I opened it, it was really a lot. Both sponsons had a few cups of water. I figured it would have leaked a little because I had not sealed the drive hardware yet because it wasnt quite done and I knew Id be taking it off, but I had no idea it would flood like it did.

tiqueman
01-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Well, I broke a shaft yesterday at the stub connection. I knew it was going to happen. Fortunatley.. very fortunately, the stub and 30 minutes off the workbench balanced and sharpened 447 stayed in the stinger. It was about 3/8 of an inch from falling into the abyss. I stopped by a welding supply store and was sent from there to a refrigeration company and picked up some 45 silver solder. Thats stuffs a pita to work w/ but I think and hope I got it back together and it will not come back apart. I dissasembled the other shaft and re-did it w/ the new solder as well. I had used regular silver flo rite solder you can get from the hardware store. After extensive research today and talking to some very successful racers, they all had but one thing to say, flo rite will not hold a shaft together correctly. I have to agree.

I also had another mishap which Im very glad the shaft did what it did, otherwise I may had been reporting that the HPR was no longer. The motor mounts which I had mentioned were previously installed, were only epoxied in, no reinforcment or cloth etc. the port mount was about 1" from being completely broke free. Had the boat run, during that run it would have broken. I did not notice it before and it was quite obvious it was loose. It must have broke when I hit the throttle, perhaps the same reason the other shaft broke, those 447s are beasts!

Shafts are back together, hope to have the mounts reinforced by the weekend.

bill34207
01-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Have you found the leak yet?

tiqueman
01-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Have you found the leak yet?

That would be a negative. Once I get it back together I will float it and find it.

HYDROJERRY
01-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Sorry to hear about the problems Scott,,,glad you didnt loose her!!!!!

Gerwin Brommer
01-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Tiqueman.

Ehm, could it have been the other way round ?

1. the motormount came loose and
2. caused the flex came loose from the stub ?

tiqueman
01-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Tiqueman.

Ehm, could it have been the other way round ?

1. the motormount came loose and
2. caused the flex came loose from the stub ?

Hey Gerwin. Nope cuz the port motor mount becoming wiggly wouldnt cause the starboard shaft to break. I sent you a PM a few days ago. I wanted to thank you for all your wisdom to help my HPR come alive. :hug1: :beerchug:

Gerwin Brommer
01-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Ah okay, now I see, troubles on both sides.

You'r welcome, I'm glad the boat turned out to be great !

tiqueman
01-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Ah okay, now I see, troubles on both sides.

You'r welcome, I'm glad the boat turned out to be great !

Yup, the twins are arguing

ron1950
01-21-2011, 10:15 PM
two motors = two times the trouble lol

tiqueman
01-21-2011, 10:17 PM

Just wait Ron, remember, Im building yours next.... :laugh:

Ive got her all repaired and reinforced. Ill start re-assembling here in a few minutes and get her wet in the morning. :Praying:

bill34207
01-21-2011, 10:23 PM

aka "Double Trouble"
Hey Scott, I think we just found your boat a name. :bounce:

tiqueman
01-21-2011, 10:26 PM
aka "Double Trouble"
Hey Scott, I think we just found your boat a name. :bounce:

No way.. I was thinking that this afternoon. :buttrock: Ill tell you my idea at Ackerman. Itll be great.

bill34207
01-21-2011, 10:30 PM
The twin arguing could have possibilitie as well. Depending on the graphics for "the twins" :w00t:

tiqueman
01-21-2011, 10:31 PM
The twin arguing could have possibilitie as well. Depending on the graphics for "the twins" :w00t:

lol we're on the same page of what I was thinking for 'Double Trouble"

tiqueman
01-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Its back together but not without yet another issue. BUILDING TIP: Do NOT epoxy locknuts into the inside of the transom. Every time Ive tried to remove the stingers one or 2 have broken loose. Last time I had an issue, I put them in w/ "extra" epoxy and now they are burried and one, yet again, broke loose and is spinning. Now I have to dig it out. :cursing: Good idea gone bad. If I had to do it again, Id do it like I did my upper plates out of a 1/4" thick piece of aluminum and drill and tap it.
I had to remove it because I found my water leak and its coming from somewhere behind the stinger.
... anyone want to buy a HPR :sarcasm1:

tiqueman
01-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Not many showed up for the club races today, so a few of us decided to come to my place and have a fun run. I ran on 4S, 5S and 6S on the 447s. I finally got a good weld on the shafts. She pulled 76.4 mph on stock 447s. Im going to do a little de-tongue this week and I think she'll break 80. One of the fellow members (Bill 34207)has a 52"+ 23lb cat and picked up just over 5mph on his 447 detongue. Impraying for the same results. We shot vids of all the runs. As soon as he uploads them, usually he does it pretty quick so we should see them tonight, Ill get the link on here.

blackcat26
01-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Nice speed bro! I think you should be able to hang 80.

Rumdog
01-23-2011, 04:36 PM
The 1520's should be able to spin the 447's pretty easily. I'd bend some pitch into those bad boys. Good speed though!

bill34207
01-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Just started the 5s packs into storage mode and they are all still showing about 3.96 per cell so you didn't use a lot of battery on the 5s run.

I have the 4 & 5s runs on the server and sent you the link so you can download and put on your youtube page if you want. If not I'll get them on mine eventually.
I like to load them in order so it could be a while. Just started the real 1st clip and the 4s run is #6 the 5s #7 ans the 6s #10. (It's still "cooking" at the moment) Will send you the link for it as soon as it's up.
Rooster looks wicked in the vids even on the 5s run. :thumbup:

tiqueman
01-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Bill, you are the man. Thanks for the vids!

Heres the runs

4S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVWvTeUE9fY

5S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGnmzjCMHGM

6S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yAyT7GdFeI

tiqueman
01-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Nice speed bro! I think you should be able to hang 80.

The 1520's should be able to spin the 447's pretty easily. I'd bend some pitch into those bad boys. Good speed though!

Thanks gents. Yeah, I think a little detongue will get me to 80, cup may get another few points :thumbup1:

bill34207
01-23-2011, 08:50 PM
I thought you were gonna save to your computer and youtube those Scott. It takes a LONG time for media player to buffer a 60-70 meg file over the net. These guys will get impatient waiting on those to load. :biggrin:

tiqueman
01-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Yeah your right. I will do that.....

tiqueman
01-23-2011, 09:20 PM
See post 67

6S is tubed, working on the others
4S is tubed and processing
5S is tubed and processing

johnf
01-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Beast!

johnson22456
01-24-2011, 11:19 PM
The boat looks like it's running great. After seeing yours run I'm getting excited to finish mine.
Where is the cg on your boat?

tiqueman
01-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Thanks. COG is between 12-3/4 and 13-3/4 depending on what cell count Im running. Ive got the "tru dims per 100, 120 and 140 kph" from Hanspeter. I had it on a piece of tape on the side of the hull and tranfered the marks to the inside lip of the hatch opening. I will find his exact dims vs speed and get back to you.

tiqueman
01-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Wired the $$$ today for my hydraulic fakes and a set of extra stub shafts in case I ever spit one out the back. Wow did International wire transfers from my bank go up. In '06 when I got my CT04 hull it cost 25 bux to wire to Switzerland. That was for almost 2K of stuff. Today, 200 bux of stuff cost 55 dollars to wire it. Holy hell! I sent Hanspeter an email and asked if he would please look into the possibilites of Paypal for us or some other means of payment.

johnf
01-25-2011, 07:22 PM
I sent Hanspeter an email and asked if he would please look into the possibilites of Paypal for us or some other means of payment.

That would be awesome. The wiring fees for my hull/hw were around 40 or 50 a couple months back.

txboatpilot
01-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Wired the $$$ today for my hydraulic fakes and a set of extra stub shafts in case I ever spit one out the back. Wow did International wire transfers from my bank go up. In '06 when I got my CT04 hull it cost 25 bux to wire to Switzerland. That was for almost 2K of stuff. Today, 200 bux of stuff cost 55 dollars to wire it. Holy hell! I sent Hanspeter an email and asked if he would please look into the possibilites of Paypal for us or some other means of payment.

Man that is HIGH!! I am waiting on an email back from Hanspeter,, interested in either HPR115 or the HPR135..

You have a sweet boat! Nice videos.. Thanks for posting.

johnf
01-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Man that is HIGH!! I am waiting on an email back from Hanspeter,, interested in either HPR115 or the HPR135..

I got the 115 and sometimes wish I went with the 135. I'm sure that will change when I'm ready to buy batts for this project. Lol

tiqueman
01-25-2011, 07:48 PM

Welcome and thanks for the comment

I got the 115 and sometimes wish I went with the 135. I'm sure that will change when I'm ready to buy batts for this project. Lol

... and motors and controllers... :laugh: Im really happy with the 115 size. Not too big, not too small. Youll love it no doubt about it.

txboatpilot
01-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Welcome and thanks for the comment

... and motors and controllers... :laugh: Im really happy with the 115 size. Not too big, not too small. Youll love it no doubt about it.

I am sure i will like either one! I see there is a guy in the swap shop selling a MHZ 45" Mystic w/all hardware.. What do you guys think about the MHZ products vs. the HPR 115??

johnf
01-25-2011, 08:25 PM
I haven't seen any MHz stuff in person. My hpr is carbon Kevlar, and is extremely solid and well built. Ive heard you can't go wrong with MHz either. From the close ups I've seen, the hpr finish may be a little better if you aren't gonna paint. The line where the hull joins seems a bit rough on the mhzs I've seen pics of.

Originally I wanted the MHz, but trying to deal with mhzusa discouraged me. I'd probably be happy with either.

Hope that helps.

tiqueman
01-25-2011, 08:26 PM
I think they are both great. The only thing I couldnt deal w/ anymore w/ MHZ was thier USA distributor. Id by one from an individual any day, as long as I didnt have to deal with MHZ. Ive only seen one MHZ cat in person, the Ikslar cat, and it was the bottom end model, no carbon etc and it was nice. The C/K Mystic looks like a very well built boat. I really like the lines on it as well. Ive never heard any complaints on the hardware. The only thing personally that I do not care for is the Hydraulic steering fakes are not functional. You need a seperate control rod to steer. The HPR Hydraulic rams carry the cables for a pull/ pull system. Trick scale looking functional parts.

tiqueman
01-25-2011, 08:28 PM
I agree, Ive even heard from several others that the finish isnt as nice on a MHZ. Ive also heard they are hit and miss. One will be finished out really nice and shiney, the next dull and rough around the edges.

ls1fst98
01-25-2011, 09:29 PM
love your boat! where are you in florida? i was thinking my next boat was going to be the ikslar/zero defect cat with twins but that will be an over summer build. that or an hpr. boat is gorgeous btw.

txboatpilot
01-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Yea, just looking at pictures,, the HPR's look a little cleaner,, I mean the line where the hull comes together. I did'nt know the MHZ hydr. were non-functional,,, that is kinda lame..Being they are just as expensive..

I too like the lines of the MHZ mystic 45".. But the one in the swap shop is yellow,, I prefer white.. I believe the lines are very similar to Hanspeters new HPR115 mystic?

Cant wait to get my hands on 1 of these babies!!

tiqueman
01-25-2011, 09:56 PM
love your boat! where are you in florida? i was thinking my next boat was going to be the ikslar/zero defect cat with twins but that will be an over summer build. that or an hpr. boat is gorgeous btw.

Thanks! Bradenton/ Sarasota area

Yea, just looking at pictures,, the HPR's look a little cleaner,, I mean the line where the hull comes together. I did'nt know the MHZ hydr. were non-functional,,, that is kinda lame..Being they are just as expensive..

I too like the lines of the MHZ mystic 45".. But the one in the swap shop is yellow,, I prefer white.. I believe the lines are very similar to Hanspeters new HPR115 mystic?

Cant wait to get my hands on 1 of these babies!!

Yeah, if your gunna go thru the trouble of manufacturing hydraulic rams, why not make them functional. I thought it was lame too.

ls1fst98
01-25-2011, 09:58 PM
oh man, a great friend lives there. im over that way on occasions during weekends. if i come over there ill bring my boat and see where you guys meet up.

bill34207
01-25-2011, 10:02 PM
oh man, a great friend lives there. im over that way on occasions during weekends. if i come over there ill bring my boat and see where you guys meet up.

We normally run at Ackerman Park in Sarasota the 2nd & 4th Sundays of the month. Scott gets to run on his pond anytimr he wants. ;)

ls1fst98
01-25-2011, 10:03 PM
sweet! thats my off weekends! i may come check it out if thats ok

tiqueman
01-25-2011, 10:43 PM
We normally run at Ackerman Park in Sarasota the 2nd & 4th Sundays of the month. Scott gets to run on his pond anytimr he wants. ;)

Yes, yes I do :thumbup:

sweet! thats my off weekends! i may come check it out if thats ok

Where are you located?

ls1fst98
01-25-2011, 10:47 PM
im on the east coast. just south of melbourne in palm bay.

tiqueman
01-25-2011, 11:35 PM
I know exactly where you are. We stayed at a friend of a friends grandmas house over there during a surf trip. I remember vaguely turing off a main e/w road onto rocky road, or rock street or something... its been a while.

ls1fst98
01-26-2011, 08:04 AM
rock road, yes i know about where it is. thats to the south of me. but only by like 10 minutes. ill definitely let you know when im over that way and ill bring the MM and the SV over.

johnf
07-07-2011, 11:13 PM
I just saw the 6s 447 vid for the first time. Guess I had only seen the 442 6s run before now. Scott, DAMN!

tiqueman
07-07-2011, 11:17 PM
And it should run better now that I've made some changes :spy:

johnf
07-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Make sure the camera man is there when you test that theory. He thought it was haulin ass, and I agree! Lol

tiqueman
07-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Yeah that was classic

johnf
07-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Does he post here?

Edit: I must be on too many forums. I suppose a better wording would have been, is he a member of OSE? Haha

tiqueman
07-07-2011, 11:33 PM
:lol: yeah its bill34207.

johnf
07-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Ah cool! Bill, keep up the good work.

tiqueman
07-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Hes the one who does all our club racing vids. Check him out on youtube. He's got a few vids of my hpr on his yt page

johnf
07-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Didn't realize u had so many vids of the HPR. 5s looks perfect. Fast but stable! 4s on 447s looked fun too. Any idea of
the speed or amp draw running that?