PDA

View Full Version : Can U used an extension on the esc to the reciever

gregk
01-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if any of you ever added an extension (6 ") on the esc to the receiver. I want to put my esc up in front of the boat and my receiver in the back ( exit for the atenna ) any my esc lead is to short. Is there any cons of adding an extension to the esc. Have any of you ever don this and if so did you have any problems ? THANKS :confused:

SweetAccord
01-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Sure you can, no problem. If you somehow induce "noise" you can always loop it through a ferrite core to eliminate the "noise".

marko500
01-13-2011, 11:36 PM
I use them in a couple of my boats with no problems at all. I do try to use the shortest extension possible to help keep the wiriing neat.

Mark

gregk
01-13-2011, 11:39 PM
cool i ve already got one othe those on it. the lead itself is pretty long to begin with but then again this is the first electric boat i'm building . I ve go a leopard / seaking 120 and the leopard 4084 from fine design. i'm just trying to make it neat and the only place to put the esc is like 2" in front of the motor Do the boat esc usually have a longer lead than an rc plane. should i keep my extension as short as possible a 6" extension may be kinda tight. THANKS AGAIN

FloatDaBoat
01-14-2011, 01:31 AM
I like to use HiTec Heavy Duty (20 gauge) Twisted Wire Aileron servo extensions. They come in lengths from 6 to 36 inches & they look pretty sharp too.

nobbiworld
01-14-2011, 02:59 AM
Have had dramas with this idea in riggers, even with a loop. The ext wire had run past the motor and speedie. All worked ok when i moved the reciever to the front and ran the ext wire to the rudder servo. Just try and see.