PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!! NEW Spektrum DX3R-PRO Transmitter - Marine Compatible!

Darin Jordan
01-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I've been using this radio all summer and can finally talk about it!

People have been wanting a DX3R Radio that is compatible with the marine RX, well, here it is!!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM3200

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/SPM/450/SPM3200-450.jpg

DX3R PRO 3CH DSM2 Racing System
Key Features

50-model memory Selectable frame rate (5.5, 11 and 16ms)
Backlight LCD
Drop down steering wheel and other improved ergonomics
Servo speed
Real-time Integrated Telemetry (rpm/speed, temp, lap)*
Right- and left-hand compatible
Vibrating and tone alerts
DSM2 2.4GHz second-generation technology offers the fastest possible response rate
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Traction Control
One-touch, easy-to-use programming
Programmable Steering Rate override
On-the-fly throttle and steering exponential adjustments
All switches can be programmed to operate in either direction
Four programmable timers: Up, Down, Integrated and Rolling Lap
128 x 64 high-resolution dot-matrix screen
Graphically supported Travel Adjust and Expo curves
Two programmable mixes
Adjustable trim steps
Digital servo monitor displays graphic and digital servo positions
Calibration screen allows recalibration of steering and throttle positions for the ultimate in accuracy

H2OCamel
01-13-2011, 09:06 PM
About ###### Time! dang now th sell off all the other radios I have ;-)

JimClark
01-13-2011, 09:13 PM
It's got more memory than I have. No way I could remember 50 different setups

Steven Vaccaro
01-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Yahoo.

Whats up with the weird wheel offset?

Darin Jordan
01-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Yahoo.

Whats up with the weird wheel offset?

Not goofy at all... Look at all the popular Car radios... feels GREAT in your hand...

This is pretty much the DX8 of surface radios. Accepts software updates via SD card, etc. Has a lot of features most of us will never use, but might find a kool use for...

ScarabChris
01-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Yeah nice but what about telemetry with a marine RX that reads LiPo voltage, amps and BL motor RPM?

Get that on the market and I'll buy it.

Darin Jordan
01-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah nice but what about telemetry with a marine RX that ready voltage, amps and BL motor RPM?

Get that on the market and I'll buy it.

The problem with doing all that with telemetry is that it's almost impossible to view that stuff realtime, and that's what telemetry does. I agree... I'd LOVE to see that and I've asked for it, so we'll see.

I'm more interested in data logging, which is something that Castle currently has ESCs that can do, and if THAT get's spread to their marine line of ESCs, then we'll be set. I'm really interested in having a data download that I can review.

Now... if they could somehow combine both, like we see in car racing, where the data is transmitted back realtime, AND recorded... BOOM! :Peace_Sign:

JimClark
01-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Darin isn't that the one that is switchable between a Right hand and left hand TX?

Darin Jordan
01-13-2011, 10:22 PM
Darin isn't that the one that is switchable between a Right hand and left hand TX?

Yup!! Lefties rejoice! :thumbup1:

JackBlack26
01-13-2011, 10:37 PM
I have the original DX3R and I bought an DX3S for my son and the S just felt cheesy, so I sold it. I'm glad they have a new model cause it's time to pass the R to my son and get a new radio :P

Darin Jordan
01-14-2011, 12:11 AM
I have the original DX3R and I bought an DX3S for my son and the S just felt cheesy, so I sold it. I'm glad they have a new model cause it's time to pass the R to my son and get a new radio :P

You know, the S feels a LOT better if you buy yourself one of the Dynamite machined aluminum steering wheels for it, and you can get replacemet grips of different sizes as well. It's a good radio, but obviously aimed at the sport market.

Doug Smock
01-14-2011, 12:45 AM
Any RX changes on the horizon for the servo issues Darin?

Doug

Darin Jordan
01-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Any RX changes on the horizon for the servo issues Darin?

Doug

Doug,

I'll follow up on that, but to date, you are the only one I know of who has had any kind of issues with them. I'll get in touch with you offline and maybe give you a call so I can follow up better for you. K???

T.S.Davis
01-14-2011, 07:57 AM
50 model memory! schwing!

ron1950
01-14-2011, 08:16 AM
are there any plans to allow the old dx3r to be made marine compatable?

ScarabChris
01-14-2011, 08:36 AM
The problem with doing all that with telemetry is that it's almost impossible to view that stuff realtime, and that's what telemetry does. I agree... I'd LOVE to see that and I've asked for it, so we'll see.

I'm more interested in data logging, which is something that Castle currently has ESCs that can do, and if THAT get's spread to their marine line of ESCs, then we'll be set. I'm really interested in having a data download that I can review.

Now... if they could somehow combine both, like we see in car racing, where the data is transmitted back realtime, AND recorded... BOOM! :Peace_Sign:

I have DX8 for my helicopter and with exception of amp draw it has all that information displayed right on the TX screen.

I would really like to see pack voltage and RPM. I know it the DS3 has the telemetry to do this but not with the MR3000 RX.

Darin Jordan
01-14-2011, 08:48 AM

I don't know... Let me ask.

I have a DX3R that IS Marine Compatible, but it was one just one of the first test platforms for the MRXXX form-factor, so I'm not sure if the guts are the same as a standard DX3R.

I'll try to find out.

Doug Smock
01-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks Darin:thumbup1:

Darin Jordan
01-14-2011, 09:43 AM

I don't know... Let me ask.

I have a DX3R that IS Marine Compatible, but it was one just one of the first test platforms for the MRXXX form-factor, so I'm not sure if the guts are the same as a standard DX3R.

I'll try to find out.

I asked... here is what I was told:

"Unfortunately the DX3R internally is slightly different than the DX3S and due to world-wide power restrictions we can’t do an upgrade program. I wish we could…"

Sorry...

Steven Vaccaro
01-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Any news on when it will be shipping?

bagedtaco
01-14-2011, 10:29 AM
I asked... here is what I was told:

[I]" due to world-wide power restrictions we can’t do an upgrade program. I]

Sorry...

What does that mean?

NativePaul
01-14-2011, 11:18 AM
It sounds like it means you have a more powerful radio and I see 2 reasons for this to be the case.

My Futaba set has an internal switch that restricts power from 100mw to 10mw for use in France, if it lacks that switch (whether software or hardware) and they want to sell products in France then they would have to restrict all sets to 10mw.

100mw would have been way over the limit of 25mw for 27, 35 or 40mhz sets but at least at the time I bought my set there was as yet no restrictions on the 2.4ghz channel, it is also quite possible that an international 25mw limit has been set for the 2.4ghz channel since and everyone has lowered there power to that.

Flying Scotsman
01-14-2011, 12:02 PM
The big question.....list price and what RX, if included.

Douggie

Darin Jordan
01-14-2011, 02:06 PM
The big question.....list price and what RX, if included.

Douggie

Douggie... CLICK THE PROVIDED LINK! :doh: :popcorn2: :thumbup:

ron1950
01-14-2011, 02:11 PM
339 dollars american

Flying Scotsman
01-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Douggie... CLICK THE PROVIDED LINK! :doh: :popcorn2: :thumbup:

What is a link :smile: the eyes and mind are not what they once were :sinking-guy:...thanks Darin.

Douggie

Darin Jordan
01-14-2011, 05:17 PM
What is a link :smile: the eyes and mind are not what they once were :sinking-guy:...thanks Darin.

Douggie

That's why I provided the link... Lots of BIG writing and pictures for those of us who are slowly losing it! :bounce:

:hug1: