PDA

View Full Version : Mid Michigan Electrics Unlimited

Mich. Maniac
12-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey guys I have just gotten into a club in Michigan here, well I'm going to be attending my first meeting anyways. Not much into getting into the club except attending events. Anyways they are holding some races next year which 2 of my boats will actually fit into. The first meeting will be early Jan. and noticed no one from that club has posted on here yet so thought id be the first. I'm very excited about it and will post pics and stats of the races and events I am able to attend.
Here is their web site. www.mmeu.com

SJFE
12-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Nice man you are lucky to have a big club in your area. Get those event dates posted ;)

FE_Chris
12-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Dude! Im a club member!!!! I joined this year....I made it to the last 2 races. Next season I am going to be racing a Skunkworks 30" cat for SSO and hopefully dan chase sells me his H&M Sport Hydro 21 and I am gonna run that in the SSH class.

We are not that big Tom! 15-20 people I think....Maybe a few less.....

it's a nice group of people....bunch of hydro heads.....:laugh: Always a good time hanging with them.

I stole your avvy so I can represent, Mich-maniac! Thanks!

Hope to see you at the meet in January!!!!

Mich. Maniac
12-17-2007, 07:14 PM
I will be there:buttrock: Souns like they are voting on bj26 brusless class. souns like a cool bunch. at least I will see some real race setups.

FE_Chris
01-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Yeah the meeting went well! Thanks Norm for letting the club use your home to meet in! I had a great time and the pizza was good too! We have a new Pizza Mia 2 blocks from my house here Grand Blanc, not bad stuff :-)

We voted on several things, most important to me was the class'. Proboat BJ26 motors and SV27 motors are the spec! so we have LSO and LSH with 4s1p and the spec BL motors, and N-2.

Let me get back on here in a bit, I have the info in my truck and I can be a lot more descript about what was talked about then.....

ETOWNE
03-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Hey guys, I 'm from Elkhart,In. Just ordered a bj26 today. Keep me posted on the class. I have raced cars for 2 years now.Oval, Offroad and Onroad. Fe Chris, from what I've read, I'll pry be asking you alot of question once I start upgrading.Plan on running 2 ORION 4800's.

Mich. Maniac
03-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Etowne- check out their website and their forum. Most class info is there. Its all pretty standard and well, its just a lot of info to read. As long as you stick to stock motor you should be ok. The motor itself has its limits is why they are going that route as with sv27. Tis gonna be a fun summer. There events as well are listed on their site. check it out. I am from st. joe - benton harbor area so it sounds like we wll both have a long drive but for a full sat. of racing well worth it.

ETOWNE
03-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Etowne- check out their website and their forum. Most class info is there. Its all pretty standard and well, its just a lot of info to read. As long as you stick to stock motor you should be ok. The motor itself has its limits is why they are going that route as with sv27. Tis gonna be a fun summer. There events as well are listed on their site. check it out. I am from st. joe - benton harbor area so it sounds like we wll both have a long drive but for a full sat. of racing well worth it.

Ya, I have checked their website. I have the same loggin name.I do alot of offroad racing in the summer so, I pry only make 1 or 2 races. Everything is staying stock as long as I can make it hold up. Cool thanks for the info.:rockon2:

ETOWNE
04-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Hey Mich Maniac, Looking at doing either a hydro or rigger,but it's not clear to me on the rules. I still can't get on RRR to post. I did finally get to run my boat last weekend, about 20 runs. Pretty fun stuff.

Mich. Maniac
04-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Hey Mich Maniac, Looking at doing either a hydro or rigger,but it's not clear to me on the rules. I still can't get on RRR to post. I did finally get to run my boat last weekend, about 20 runs. Pretty fun stuff.

Etown. I dont think there is a rigger class in the club. I really dont know. I DO know they are a bunch of Hydro heads though. I dont know size class but they are using sv27/black jack motors with 4S lipo as a standard so maybe check swap shop for that.. hint hint. You could pick a hydro farely cheap and just do it for fun this year tell you go to a couple events. OR buy a sv/blackjack BL cause they are doing a production class as well. Go to their websited and contact one of the officers and they can help with details. This is my first year and I wont even be able to race in a class but if your goin big its the way to go. I will be able to make it to about 3 events according to their schedule. Next year I will change some motors and be racing. I will contact RRR mod and see if there is a reason your not getting in. Hope to see ya round. Im going to Norms this weekend to pickup a new hull.. couple hour drive just there so a few events for not racing is all I can do this year.

OFFSHORE ELECTRICS TO SPONSOR MC9!!! Awesome Steve! Will you be there??

ETOWNE
04-14-2008, 09:03 PM
So, if I get a vac-u-pickle and use the bj or sv set-up, there is a class for that, right ? I already have a Black Jack BL. I would like to know how far box stock is stretched ?

Mich. Maniac
04-14-2008, 10:13 PM
So, if I get a vac-u-pickle and use the bj or sv set-up, there is a class for that, right ? I already have a Black Jack BL. I would like to know how far box stock is stretched ?

ETOWN., I PM'd a mod over on the red board to see if they could check on your membership. At this point you may want to re-do your membership even if it takes using a different name. I will let you know if I hear anything back for them asap. As far as the vac-u-pickle I am pretty sure that would be an awesome entry for the club and with the bj motor you would be all set. It would then depend on your power wich I would assume would be 14.8Lipo or NiMH? If you have the BL blackjack then you can do some pretty neat things to those as long as you keep stock motor "if you get what im saying" :tape: hopefully you can get onboard over there and ask some questions. other than that I would try to reach Norm K. through email with any questions. I just met him last weekend and he is a GOD of FE boats. On a side note since OSE is helping out with the club I wish they would jump over hear and spread the word.:confused2:

ETOWNE
04-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks Mike, as far as the pickle, it would run on Lipo. I'm so sick of IB cells,I could puke. I'm glad roar approved them for racing(land racing).Anyways, might as well stick w/ similar stuff, makes it easier at thr trac......,I mean pond...lol.....

Thanks for hitting rrr up, I'll retry

Mich. Maniac
04-15-2008, 06:14 PM
ETOWN- don over at rrr sent me that donnie will be out for a couple weeks but they have 2 mods on it. stand by...

ETOWNE
04-15-2008, 11:29 PM
ETOWN- don over at rrr sent me that donnie will be out for a couple weeks but they have 2 mods on it. stand by...

Cool, cause right now I'm permanatly BANNED....lol....Not 1 post and banned.This has to be like a first. Anyways enough joking , thanks for your assistance on that one . Hey, I'm considering going up on the Cup weekend, are you ?

Mich. Maniac
04-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Etowne, Donnie over on RRR pm'd me.. you are in your account was held because they thought you were spam. should be all set. Yes I will be at the big race. Maybe STEVEN will be there? dont know.

ETOWNE
04-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Mike, I'm in woohoo. Now I can ask some questions. Thanks.

longballlumber
04-23-2009, 10:25 AM
MMEU will be holding its first club race this Sunday with the drivers meeting starting at 10am and then racing starting after.

If you in the area come out and watch!!!

longballlumber
08-14-2009, 10:59 AM
For those of you located in the Metro Detroit area the MMEU club will be having a club race this Sunday.

Racing Starts at 10 ish and we will finish up around 3-4 in the afternoon. The Pond is located just West of the 23 mile and Van Dyke intersection

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Utica&state=MI&address=7495+23+Mile+Rd#a/maps/l::7495+23+Mile+Rd:Shelby+Township:MI:48316-4421:US:42.669526:-83.038009:address:Macomb+County:1/m:hyb:13:42.669517:-83.038006:0:::::1:1:1::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

chuckc
10-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Now that we're settled in and recovered from the Nat's, A reminder about OCT 11, which is our 2nd to the last race of 2009 season. We have had some great turn-outs from old and new members this year and plenty of UL-1 activity.

Mike "The Grimracer" is coming to town for this race, so I hope ALL OF YOU UL-1's will come on down to run against this guy. It should be a blast. It would be great if we fielded all these hulls. He is mixing business with pleasure, so he's looking for some input of our findings with the hull. I'm sure he see the mods, that several of us have done to the stock hull. SV-27 is also included in his fleet coming in

OCT 11th , Ford Field, Drivers Meeting 9:30, 1st heat goes off at 10:00 :flashfire:

Mapquest:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?state=MI&country=US&latitude=44.733311&longitude=-85.552498&geocode=STATE#a/maps/l::::MI::US:44.733311:-85.552498:state::1/m:hyb:13:42.666568:-83.037527:0:::::1:1:1::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

TDM Racing
10-03-2009, 07:12 AM
I'll be there. Hopefully we can get some good weather this coming Weds. for a bit of testing before hand.

chuckc
10-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Monday seems like the best day of the bunch. Rain tue, wed, thurs.

Everything is the way they left the Nat's so I'm really not worried. :spy:

FE_Chris
10-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Awwww man..... I hate not living in Michigan anymore! There is nothing going on in Louisiana! Closest thing to me is 2 hours way in Dallas, TX.

Have fun fellas. It would have been great to be there...

Grimracer
10-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Im realy looking forward to this race.

I will be testing some belly pan changes to my UL-1.. Its going to be my last race of the seasion so ... BOTTOMS UP!

I also heard a rumor i was brining sometihing new and special but who knows..only so much room in the car. :spy: :rockon2:

ROCK ON and see ya all soon!:rockon2:

Grim

longballlumber
10-13-2009, 10:47 AM
I want to thank Mike (Grimracer) for making the LOOOOOONG drive to come and race with our MMEU club! We had a great time! It was a little windy and somewhat chilly!!! LOL.

To add to the excitement of having him coming race with us, we as a club, go to witness another prototype hull from Aquacraft!!! Not only did Grim bring it out for us to see, he raced it in our LSO racing format. We race LSO using four minute heats and counting the total laps. I happen to have a spy shot of it running….

Later
Mike Ball