PDA

View Full Version : IMPBA D4 2011 Race Schedule (WI and IL)

LuckyDuc
01-08-2011, 01:38 PM
District 4’s 2011 race schedule:

**SummerThunder – Sunday, May 15th “20 Mono Cup”
**Badger Boat Club – Sunday, June 5th
Quad Cities – Sunday, June 12th
Valley – Saturday, June 18th “Double 1/8th Scale Points Race”
**Badger Boat Club – Saturday, July 16th “Bill Wistert Sport 20 Memorial”
**Badger Boat Club – Sunday, July 17th “Larry Foreman Sport 40 Memorial”
Marquette – Sunday, August 14th
Minute Breakers – August 20th & 21s t “1/8th Scale Silver Cup & Novice Cup”
**Badger Boat Club - “D4 Championships” Sat & Sun, September 3rd & 4th
**Badger Boat Club “ Turkey Run” – Sunday, October 9th

NOTE: Fast Electric classes will be offered for all of the Badger Boat Club races and the Summer Thunder race. (**) Indicates FE races

The following classes are being offered this year:
----------------------------------------------------------------
P-Limited Sport Hydro (LSH)
P-Limited Hydro (Rigger)

Requirements for P-limited classes:
-----------------------------------------------
NAMBA / IMPBA approved hulls (34” max length)
P-spec motor
14.8 volt (4S) lipo.
No ESC restrictions.

Allowed motors include:
--------------------------------
Aquacraft- AQUG7001 (UL-1 motor 36-56-2030)
Aquacraft- AQUG7000 (SuperVee 27 Brushless Motor L36/56)
AquaCraft- AQUG7002 (SuperVee 27R Brushless Motor 36-56-1800)
ProBoat A3630-1500 Motor (BlackJack 26, Formula FastTech, Miss Elam FE motor)
ProBoat 1800KV Motor (Stiletto Motor)

T Nissen
01-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey Sean I was looking over the schedule you posted and noticed an entry for the Quad Cities. Is this for the Quad Cities Rooster Tails club that run on Mirror Lake? Thanks!

Terrance

LuckyDuc
01-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey Sean I was looking over the schedule you posted and noticed an entry for the Quad Cities. Is this for the Quad Cities Rooster Tails club that run on Mirror Lake? Thanks!

Terrance

Hi Terrance,

That's them. Mark Voorhies is their club president. This is the number/email listed for him on the IMPBA website (309-794-1106, pmrac@yahoo.com)

Do you live near the Quad cities?

Sean

T Nissen
01-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah I lived in Rock Island for 10 years and my wife and I just moved to Davenport 3 months ago. I saw my first RC boat race at Mirror Lake about 20 years ago when i was a kid. It was the water that I put my first boat in ever and I've spent plenty of time at that lake running my FE boats over the past several years. Used to go down there on Sundays to watch the guys test and tune. Its been a few years since I've gone to see them race. I actually wasn't sure if they still did anymore so when I saw your post I got curious.

I use to race up in Mazo back when Drobie was still with us but I haven't done much of anything since. Not that I don't want to but circumstances didn't allow for it. I actually wanted to get back into racing last year and contacted the guys in Wisconsin for information but then nothing came of it for me because i spent most of the summer buying and selling our houses to move and on top of that preparing for fatherhood. That's where I'm now in life. My fleet and gear (outdated) are all packed away in boxes but I do want to get back into it soon if able. Of course I will be a noob all over again with cell technology and motors. Last gear I ran was NiMh and brushed motors, lol.

Anyway, thanks for posting the schedule I might have to spend the weekend watching the races in June now. :thumbup:

LuckyDuc
01-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Nice!

We will be having the Mazo race again this year... still trying to decide on the dates. It would be great if you could make it. PM me with your email address and I will keep you posted.

Sean