PDA

View Full Version : Geico shopping list, help and advice pleez.

maxmekker
01-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Dead birds dropping from the sky, land being flooded, -20 and 60cm of fresh snow here, so I thought it’s time to think about a new boat before this planet capsize 

I got a used surge crusher last august ,and even though the season allready was going towards the end I managed to get many trips and some upgrading done to.
Prather 215 prop and 180 esc + typhoon 500 motor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7wMY_t6cL8

now I want a geico, so I could use a litle shopping help.
I have 2x 3s packs and 4x 2s nano packs,all 4000. A junsi 308 charger and
a 180 amp ecs.

It will be running on 4s and 5s , and maybe (well 100% sure) 6s when i change the ecs.
I need suggestion on props for both 4/5 and 6s running.
My shopping list so far:

Pro Boat’s fully licensed Miss Geico :
Now includes a corrected Flex Shaft for Free!

Is this the ose shaft ??

ProBoat Miss Geico Radio Box Cover: $3.99
OSE Flex Cable Assembly for the ProBoat Miss Geico : $24.99

Div props:

Octura x442 Sharpened & Balanced : $36.99

Octura x642 Sharpened & Balanced : $36.99

Octura x445 Sharpened & Balanced: $36.99

Sharpened & Balanced GrimRacer 42 x 55 Prop : $44.99

BL ESC Programming Module for PRB3309

Is this nessesary to get he esc up and running in lipo mode? Ore can I use the tx to do the setup ?

Also the rudder hop op, where do I get hold of it ? if different types, what workes the best.

Some tips on bullet connectors as I'm currently using deans, anyone from hobbyking ok ?

And last for now, any engine upgrade worth mention? I like to have a spare lying arround. The typhoon 500 worked well on 4/5s with the 180 amp esc in my SC and it was cheap to.

Thanks

Diesel6401
01-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I dont think you will need the extra radio box cover. The typhoon outrunner will prob be to small for the MG and it doesn't put out enough wattage (nice little motor though), the esc can only be programmed from the program card. The "lipo" function for the esc only turns on the LVC so if you do decide to run your boat on lipos without enabling the lipo function on the esc be aware you will not have any low-voltage-protection. The 5.5mm bullets from HK are nice I use them myself. Make sure to change all the motor/esc connectors over to 5.5mm bullets and on the esc power wires use 5.5mm bullets or ec5 connectors. When running above 4s on the stock esc or on the seaking 180 make sure you dis-able the esc's bec and run a rx pack.

maxmekker
01-07-2011, 06:00 PM
I have used the 180 in my SC and have a rx pack, so that's god.

I like always like to pick up some spare parts, if I buy, say a rc car, I always pick up some spur gears and a-arms and diff parts, so I thought maybe get some spares to the boat, as I don't know if any LHS will get this boat here in Norway.

But what about: Now includes a corrected Flex Shaft for Free!

Is this the ose shaft ??

ok, so the esc can be run on lipo without any programming, that's ok, timing works.

Any ok engine upgrade that don't cost like 100$, as I said I like to have one at hand,so I'm not out for 2 weeks if anything happends.

thanks.

Jeff Wohlt
01-07-2011, 06:17 PM
UL motor. 6 pole 2030 KV on 4S will step it up and only $60.00 640 prop or Prather 215 or a 442 would be fine.

Diesel6401
01-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Not sure if it's the OSE one or not. Not a big deal if it is or isn't as long as it's correct direction. You still should get the programmer so you can change the motor timing on the esc.

A perfect motor would have been a Castle 1512 that had on sale for $60,but they sold out and no longer make the motor. People are having fun with the leopard 4074 2200kv motors in this hull. A lot of power for a 29" cat but should be blast. Great motors by the way! You should only run 4s on that motor though and 4s2p would be best, but might be to much weight. Like Jeff said UL1 motor would also be very nice. I would say grim 42x55 with that ul1 motor would kick a$$. Prob the best overall choice for that haul would be that ul1 motor, JMO of course.

maxmekker
01-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the tips guys.nice.