PDA

View Full Version : Which rx came in your stock boat?

pyroM!KE
01-06-2011, 09:27 AM
I was surprised to see mine came with the mr3000 spek rx..

Diesel6401
01-06-2011, 01:32 PM
They all come with the mr3000 as far as I know. Their was talks about coming with the mr200, but somewhere down the line they got bumped to the nicer mr3000's. Very nice rx's!

CHIEFY_44
01-06-2011, 02:33 PM
well mine came with the 200 but works very well, its small and easy to hide out of the way but i will be updating to the 3000, but i am newbie to fast electric boats but i am enjoying the miss geico boat very much, infact i have just came back from the pond where i run it and i put a gps unit into it and was suprised to see that it maxed out a 35.5mph with everything stock setting except i have a grin 42x55 prop and a kintec offset rudder conversion on it, i would still be there except i hit something and the kintec conerstion bracket twisted :-(, my bad as i have the shear bolts but opted not to use them:doh:

Diesel6401
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM
well mine came with the 200 but works very well, its small and easy to hide out of the way but i will be updating to the 3000, but i am newbie to fast electric boats but i am enjoying the miss geico boat very much, infact i have just came back from the pond where i run it and i put a gps unit into it and was suprised to see that it maxed out a 35.5mph with everything stock setting except i have a grin 42x55 prop and a kintec offset rudder conversion on it, i would still be there except i hit something and the kintec conerstion bracket twisted :-(, my bad as i have the shear bolts but opted not to use them:doh:

Interesting. Where/when did you buy yours? Yea the mr200s are also very nice. I use them with as well since they are a little cheaper then the mr3000's.

CHIEFY_44
01-06-2011, 03:16 PM
i bought mine from pacific coast hobbies california and i have had it about 2months but i was one of the unlucky ones that had the wrong flex drive and had to wait to have a replacement sent to me, but the boat was worth the wait i have a big smile on my face everytime i run it i have about 4 or 5 friends that have seen it running and say they want one and these guys are die hard nitro heads lol

Diesel6401
01-06-2011, 03:38 PM
i bought mine from pacific coast hobbies california and i have had it about 2months but i was one of the unlucky ones that had the wrong flex drive and had to wait to have a replacement sent to me, but the boat was worth the wait i have a big smile on my face everytime i run it i have about 4 or 5 friends that have seen it running and say they want one and these guys are die hard nitro heads lol

I had the reverse flex as well. I had a bunch of old flexshaft laying around and happened to have almost same length as the stock one so it didn't slow me down. I got mine from Horizon when they first came out, I wonder if buying time frame or location made a difference.

pyroM!KE
01-06-2011, 03:47 PM
So which spektrum radio is the mr3000 compatible with..Id like to upgrade my TX to a cpu radio because I have other rc cars i want to use with as well..

Diesel6401
01-06-2011, 04:01 PM
So which spektrum radio is the mr3000 compatible with..Id like to upgrade my TX to a cpu radio because I have other rc cars i want to use with as well..

I use a DX3s which I LOVE!!! http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMR3140 or http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM3140

pyroM!KE
01-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Diesel your awesome!
Thanks for all the info...Im dirt_hawg on the rcu forums..You are very helpfull

Diesel6401
01-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Diesel your awesome!
Thanks for all the info...Im dirt_hawg on the rcu forums..You are very helpfull

Hey welcome to OSE man. You'll find some great info here! Glad I can help.
:beerchug:

pyroM!KE
01-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey welcome to OSE man. You'll find some great info here! Glad I can help.

LOL..I got a cold one in my hand..
Cheers
Mike

PS
Im so excited about my new hobby..Ive been flying giant scale airplanes,nitro helis,electric helis, 1/5th scale off road cars, electric cars, for years now and this is the first time ive tapped into rc boats...All I can say is WOW! Just another fine chapter! I love my hobby!!!!!!!!

EDIT..
LOL.. I have a speky DX7 TX and just found out I could use it on the mr3000.....

CHIEFY_44
01-06-2011, 09:18 PM
i use the dx3s too its a awesome radio and i got 2 recivers with it too which means i can have the mr200 in the boat and the 3300t in the nitro buggy i have and use the telemetry part of which was the reason i bought it in the first place but i was advised not to use it as its not water proof, but i have 1 question if u dont mind i have the programing card for the pb esc and was wondering if i could set the timing to high or outrunner setting ???

Diesel6401
01-06-2011, 09:26 PM
i use the dx3s too its a awesome radio and i got 2 recivers with it too which means i can have the mr200 in the boat and the 3300t in the nitro buggy i have and use the telemetry part of which was the reason i bought it in the first place but i was advised not to use it as its not water proof, but i have 1 question if u dont mind i have the programing card for the pb esc and was wondering if i could set the timing to high or outrunner setting ???

I use my sr3300t in my miss geico and setup the loop temp sensor to my esc. I modded the battery tray to extend it so I could move my batteries further back and attached a rx mount to the new tray extensions so I could get the very short antenna out of the hull. I also waterproofed my rx, I waterproof all my rx's except for the "mr" series. Yes set the timing to high for outrunner or for the stock motor. I run my motor timing on high. Just remember always check your runtime and temps. I set my dx3s up for 3 minute count-down timer, but if the temps look good on the esc using the telemetry I will extend the run a little to 4 or 5 minutes.

CHIEFY_44
01-06-2011, 10:08 PM
thanks for the answer on the timing, i was wondering what do you waterproof ur esc with ???

Diesel6401
01-06-2011, 10:19 PM
thanks for the answer on the timing, i was wondering what do you waterproof ur esc with ???

I use liquid spray electrical tape. I removed the rx from the case, place a piece of foam over the connector plugs (no spray can get on the plugs) then sprayed 3-5 coats with the spray tape waiting about 15-20 minutes between each coat. After the final coat I let dry over-night. This process has worked great for me, the biggest test was with my tactic rx, I was trying to push for 60mph in my SV hit wave went airborne ripped the hatch off only reason hatch didn't sink is it was still hanging on half way to the hull from the hatch tape. When I recovered the boat the hull was flooded and rx was fully submerged with the light still on lol. I took the rx out sprayed it with electrical contact cleaner and good as new. The crash is on my crash video, link is in my signature. Just click "Diesel's crashes Vol 1" it's the very last one with the all black sv.

ron1950
01-15-2011, 07:17 AM
if mine had the mr200 id call and complain to horizon...u may get a new reciver out of it.....

LiPo Power
01-15-2011, 12:48 PM
My was the new version with proper flex and mr3000

Steven Vaccaro
01-15-2011, 03:25 PM

Thats interesting. As far as I know all of the first batches came with mr3000's.

pyroM!KE
01-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Thats interesting. As far as I know all of the first batches came with mr3000's.

I thought I'd seen that some people here had a different rx stock..Thats why I started this thread..It makes me wounder if the LHS's are taking them out and selling the mr3000..:confused2:
Who knows..Theres no telling.
I know my MG box was not sealed..I dont even know if any of them are sealed..But I did have the mr3000 and the correct flex cable in mine:smile:

GeoVW72
01-15-2011, 10:28 PM
I have a first batch reversed cable that came with the mr3000,
Also got one a week ago for a customer/friend of the shop, and that had a mr3000 in it :confused2:

CHIEFY_44
01-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Hmmm think i need to ring horizon and see wth is going on everyone posting on here has th 3000 I WANT ONE TOO i feel left out lol

ron1950
01-18-2011, 01:12 PM
so what did horizon say?

CHIEFY_44
01-19-2011, 02:36 AM
hey ron i have not had time to ring i got rear ended in the cat the other day band i have hurt my back so i have been getting treatment on it and been told to stay active but not to active if u know what i mean, plus i have had to work over the weekend :-( its been a right week for me. I will post in here when i get to talk with them but to be honnest i feel as though i have been robbed, i paid top price and get a cheaper reciever that sucks, if they were going to have 3000 in then they should still have them in not the cheaper 200 reciever and if they do then the price should be dropped to compensate.

Steven Vaccaro
01-19-2011, 08:15 AM
hey ron i have not had time to ring i got rear ended in the cat the other day band i have hurt my back so i have been getting treatment on it and been told to stay active but not to active if u know what i mean, plus i have had to work over the weekend :-( its been a right week for me. I will post in here when i get to talk with them but to be honnest i feel as though i have been robbed, i paid top price and get a cheaper reciever that sucks, if they were going to have 3000 in then they should still have them in not the cheaper 200 reciever and if they do then the price should be dropped to compensate.

I would like to ask how do you know this was done by Horizon? What if one of the guys at the hobby shop did it?

LiPo Power
01-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Bingo!

CHIEFY_44
01-20-2011, 03:10 AM
Well i have rung horizon and they are sending me a new mr3000 problem is they are on back order and not availible till feb :-(, they were a little baffled why my mg came with a mr200 but atleast they were willing to put the problem right.

Nor Cal Chris
02-27-2011, 11:06 PM
I'am glad I looked into this, I picked up my miss geico yesterday and it has a mr200 in it!! I will also be calling horizon.

Diesel6401
02-27-2011, 11:18 PM
I'am glad I looked into this, I picked up my miss geico yesterday and it has a mr200 in it!! I will also be calling horizon.

The mr200 I believe was suppose to come with the boat. If you look in the manual and look really REALLY close to the pics on page 5 & 6 the rx in the pic is a mr200... Plus on the specs sheet it on the front page it says "Spektrum 2.4GHz Marine" but it does not specify, but the stock radio doesn't offer a 3rd channel so you may not be able to use the 3rd channel feature. But it worked for Chiefy so it should work for you, if you can get a better rx out of the deal sweet money.... I buy the mr200's for every other boat I have their $30 cheaper. The mr3000 are pretty sweet though, their slimmer. I don't have a use for the 3rd channel even though I have a 3 channel radio... Maybe I should think of something cool to rig up for the 3rd channel.

Steven Vaccaro
02-28-2011, 06:34 AM
The mr200 I believe was suppose to come with the boat. If you look in the manual and look really REALLY close to the pics on page 5 & 6 the rx in the pic is a mr200... Plus on the specs sheet it on the front page it says "Spektrum 2.4GHz Marine" but it does not specify, but the stock radio doesn't offer a 3rd channel so you may not be able to use the 3rd channel feature. But it worked for Chiefy so it should work for you, if you can get a better rx out of the deal sweet money.... I buy the mr200's for every other boat I have their $30 cheaper. The mr3000 are pretty sweet though, their slimmer. I don't have a use for the 3rd channel even though I have a 3 channel radio... Maybe I should think of something cool to rig up for the 3rd channel.

At this point I would I agree, thats why there is no mention of the included receiver in the advertising.

TheShaughnessy
03-13-2011, 11:54 PM
mine came with the mr3000 and my box wasn't sealed when i bought it but i think it would be pretty obvious if the boat had been removed from the box. My box had cardboard I had to rip out in order to get the boat free. It also had the reverse flex shaft but i called horizon and they had me a new one in 3 days no questions asked, well besides where to send it to. My buddy got a MG from Pegasus and his had the 200 in it. It seem like the 3000 was intended to be used in setups running twins. I will say my mr3000 seems to be real solid, i've left that lid on accidently a few times and noticed some condensation build up after and just recently had a full submersion experience but i waited 3 days and everything fired right up. I wish all of my electronics were this reliable. I wont mention any names... Novak.

ron1950
03-13-2011, 11:59 PM
if it was supposed to have the mr200 then why does every mg have the mr3000 except the 2 that i have heard of on here?

i was going to also ask if anyone uses the mr200 in race boats? like someone said..they are 30 dollars chepper

CHIEFY_44
03-14-2011, 04:19 AM
wow wot storm this thread has caused, all i am going to say is if this boat was suppose to come with either then they all should have the same one, and steve how would you feel if u bought something and it had a cheaper part in it and u paid top dollar for it u would not be happy i am sure, I am not bad mouthing horizon i just wanted the stuff what 90% of people had for the same price as i paid for the it.
But like i said in a previous post they sorted the problem out with a new mr3000 GO HORIZON HOBBIES there customer service is great ....... pity a lot more companies could be the sqme way.