PDA

View Full Version : Killer vee or strait jacket with O/B motor

shannon87
01-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Hi, all i hae cooked up a new project which involves a killer vee or strait jacket ripping out the stock electronics puttin in a esc ,2.4 ghz reciever, and using an aquacraft ep1 outboard motor.

I just cant make up my mind as to which would be better suited to an outboard motor.

If anyone has any thoughts on this please dont hestitate to comment but for those people who are going to ask the typical questions like why bother or why waste your money and get an ekos or somethin.

My answer to that is i can get an awesome price on everythin, somethin custom and nobody else has, cheaper than bying and installing a full dual motor fast electric setup coz if i was wanting to do so i would have brought an ekos lol.

cheers

forescott
01-05-2011, 07:31 PM
The challenge would be mounting the outboard to the plastic hull. The EP-1 is bigger than you think! But the stock motor in the ep-1 should be more than enough to push either one of those ABS hulls. Have fun!!

shannon87
01-05-2011, 08:31 PM
hi scott yer i agree ill prob get it mounted by one of the boat builders from my local model boat racing club or local hobby shop ill prob reinforce it with a bit of fibreglass or somethin.

But yer i plan on usin only one lol been tempted to use to lol. Is there one you think would be better than the other to use.