PDA

View Full Version : Help with Castle Hydra 120

DeWalt 1/8th
01-04-2011, 03:25 AM
Hi :help:

I am having a problem with one of my Castle Hydra 120 LV controllers
The controller will do all the right beeps and confirmation of arming when plugged in correctly, but the motor does not operate at all.

I am just running a basic setup with an 8XL on 4S, I had done one run were it was working well, came in and changed out to a fresh set of lipos, nothing else changed, then this problem occured.

I have tried checking all the settings on the castle link, then done a re-calibrate on the throttle.
I have tried two other motors on it, but they do the same thing all the right beeps it arms, but no go.
When I plug my other castle 120 controller into the same reciever/transmitter and motor setup, the motor runs perfectly.

Hopefully somebody has some ideas what might be going on.

Jason

obrien
01-04-2011, 07:52 AM
sounds like the esc crapped out on you. I have had it happen to me before. Just not like this.

LiPo Power
01-04-2011, 09:16 AM
No way, Castle ESc not working?????
:sarcasm1:
To me looks like this one is bye bye....
Try sending it back to castle.....

DeWalt 1/8th
01-05-2011, 01:05 AM
I have had a reliable run with the castle ESC up till now, the only one i have destroyed was my own fault, the hatch was not taped up very well the whole boat filled up with water in a race, the weight of the boat overloaded an already hot setup and burnt out a couple of Fets.

I have blown up both an Etti and a Mystery controller, in what the Castle controllers have handled for years, so wont ever get one of those again.
Bit worried about replacing it with the Swordfish as seen two of these melt the negative wire clean of the esc last Sunday.

Sounds like i will have to send it back and see if castle can repair it for me.

m4a1usr
01-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Are you using the BEC function of the speedo on 4S? Its only rated to 3S.

John

DeWalt 1/8th
01-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi John,

I have never used the BEC Function on any of my controllers
Even on my SV27 controller i run a stand alone receiver battery, dont know why just always felt safer running them that way.

Jason