PDA

View Full Version : Spektrum radio question for the pros

ScarabChris
12-31-2010, 04:39 PM
I have the DX3S and MR3000 RX in my boats.

Question.......is there telemetry capabilities for these? I know the DX3S TX has telemetry with the RX that the unit comes with. But what about for use with the MR3000?

I would love to see things like RPM and temp, RPM especially.

I have the DX8 for my helicopter and the telemetry is awsome, it shows LiPo voltage, motor RPM and temp.

If not is there an on board tachometer that I can rig to the motors to see what my max RPMs are?

Diesel6401
12-31-2010, 04:57 PM
I have that radio, the mr3000 don't have telemtery capabilties. I use a SR3300T (http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMSR3300T) like you mentioned that is the same one that comes with the radio. The short antenna sucks, but I water-proofed my rx and build a rx mount to my battery trays so that I could get the antenna out of the hull.

ScarabChris
12-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah I was having range issues with the RX that came with the radio, but it did have the telemetry. Damn.....

NativePaul
12-31-2010, 05:28 PM
I could be wrong but I think I've heard that the telemetry does not work with the marine RXs.
You could get an Eagletree with brushless RPM sensor and either download it after the run or get the seagull telemetry system with a realtime readout on an LCD screen you can clip to your TX aerial.

Diesel6401
12-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah I was having range issues with the RX that came with the radio, but it did have the telemetry. Damn.....

I've never had a control range issue with that RX in my MG (knock on wood), but I have lost telemtry range before. First time it happened it freaked me the hell out cause the esc temp jumped up like 30F+ degrees real quick then I made a turn bringing the boat closer and the correct reading kicked back in. Quick heart stopping moment lol.

ScarabChris
12-31-2010, 07:30 PM
What I would really lie to see is the max RPMs. This is really the only way to know if the boat is propped right. I would be OK with an onboard tach. I know they make them for the gas engines but what about for brushless motors?

Flying Scotsman
12-31-2010, 07:42 PM
This is a great question and one I have asked before with no answer....is it because of the power demands put on the RX and TX modules?

Douggie