PDA

View Full Version : New build, 50" Apache

ScarabChris
12-31-2010, 03:56 PM
OK call me crazy. I am starting a new build. And I'm sure this will be the last. :o

This is my Aeromarine 50" Apache hull. It was powered by various gas engines since I bough the hull in 1999. I have since stripped the last gas engine and all its hardware to prepare it for brushless.

This is going to be more of a scale build. No I didn't learn my lesson with these outdrives on the 54" Fountain. I am so bad at learning lessons that I went and bought two brand new drives directly from Graupner.

This time I think they will work. This hull is much smaller and a fraction of the weight and I will be using Leopard 4074's instead of 5692's. The hardware that comes with the outdrives will allow me to mount the 4074 Leopards right to the drive, no rigging of drive shafts and U joints.

Plus I ordered some sweet props from prop shop UK about a month ago and they just got here.

I welcome any and all opinions.

Brushless55
12-31-2010, 08:30 PM
this makes me wish I never sold my BlackJack 55

Make-a-Wake
12-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Those Leopards outta give you about 6 hp total at your disposal, should be nice! 8s........6s? The low kv should allow you to spin decent sized props.

ScarabChris
12-31-2010, 09:25 PM
I already have a pair of SeaKing 180s and I was planning to run them on 6s 1p for each motor. I already have the batteries for the 54 Fountain.

These are the 1050 Kv motors.