PDA

View Full Version : Custom Sand Buggy Winter Beach Toy

BILL OXIDEAN
12-29-2010, 03:09 AM
Evenin' gents, I feel like sharing with you how I get my rooster tail on when rain fills my home practice pond with prop destroying debris.

As well as boats, I have a vast knowledge of rc cars from vintage to modern day cars and I specialize in vintage cars from the eighties and early nineties.

I learned that some of the early Tamiya cars are IDEAL for use in the sand moreso than any other cars I know of aside from XTM's new sand rig. Cars like the Hornet, Grasshopper, Mad bull, fighter buggy etc. used this sealed clutchless transmission that seems to haul out with nearly any motor you put in it.

This buggy is running a Novak GTB 6.5 system on Venom 60c 2s lipo.
I'm running Panther sand paddles in the rear and some vintage Pro-line V pattern sand runners up front. She hits the GPS at 45 on sand which is more than fast enough to give a Golden retriever a serious workout lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-mSmmlzXPo

antslake
01-01-2011, 10:20 PM
That's the fastest grasshopper I've ever seen lol. I don't remember the transmissions being that bullet proof. I used to rip stuff in my blackfoot all the time, especially half shafts.

I am going to put my Losi XX back on the ice this year and get some videos. I put a drag motor in it once on 18 cells and was keeping up with a snowmobile. It was so fast, I had to drive it to where I almost had no signal, and start my run, about 1/4 mile. It took all that space to get to full speed because of the slippage on the ice. When it reached in front of me it was going full speed, but by then I had to let off because it would coast until it was almost out of range.

BILL OXIDEAN
01-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Sweet! post a vid!

kjohnsiii
01-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Nice vid, this was my first rc, thanks for sharing! Brought back some memories :-)