PDA

View Full Version : Octura 2140/3

Brushless55
12-28-2010, 05:29 PM
does anyone know if this is a lifter prop?
I have one and I'm thinking of what the heck I could use it for with the crazy pitch it has
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/search.php

gerardobrandao
12-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Been long for a while, but back now!

That prop would be useless unless in a rigger...Even though i should take you some tweaking/work to get you "on step" if you know what i mean....
In mine riggers, it never worked good, V9 series work great, bit the 21 series are very high lift...Maybe with "huge" weight on the transom it could not cavitate, but in mine saw rigger never worked...buta that´s just mine 0.02 cents!

Best Regards

:buttrock:

Brushless55
12-28-2010, 06:14 PM
ok so maybe this is a prop I have nothing it will work in?

gerardobrandao
12-28-2010, 06:16 PM
..From mine understanding, and someone correct me if i´m wrong...those props were created for high speed running rigger with outboard motors, like those produced by prather, that no longer exists.....trying to find the name....remember now SPITFIRE.....:tongue_smilie:

Regards

Fluid
12-28-2010, 07:33 PM
The 2100 series were designed as high lift rigger props - the fastest P rigger in the world ran one IIRC. I have used them with success in a few SAW hydros, but as stated you either need to remove some lift or put more weight on the transom. Their high pitch ratio will push the right combo to very high speeds, or get a low rpm setup running a bit faster.

Ed Hughey really liked the 2140/3 prop on his FE riggers using twin 05s in a gear drive with round cells and set a lot of records with them in the early 2000s..... :eek:

Brushless55
12-28-2010, 08:46 PM
I wonder if I could build a FE rigger around this prop?
like a JAE?