PDA

View Full Version : Honesty Gentlemen?

FighterCat57
12-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Anyone have advice for how to deal with a customer caught lying about damage and posting sales on OSE?

Ryan has been bugging me for discounts and made a claim with paypal;

But, has listed the hull as in perfect condition on here. This is alarming because if it's in perfect condition, then why the paypal dispute?

More alarming, if it is scratched, why is it listed as perfect here?

BTW- I completely inspected the hull prior to shipping. It's a good straight hull.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?p=265624#post265624

I'm not going to say any more on the matter... something about wrestling with a turd. I just thought it should be known.

All of you know, I'm a stand up guy and only doing the FE thing to help fill a gap in the market. Guys like this just make it that much more difficult to be honest.

*SIGH*

Rumdog
12-26-2010, 06:31 PM
just let me know. and I'll be a relentless pest. We dont need guys like that around here. Definately seems like a shady deal.

Diegoboy
12-26-2010, 08:54 PM
...I'll be a relentless pest.

I wouldn't...

m4a1usr
12-26-2010, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't...

Fair warning Danny. Its what I would do as well.

Ben, are you sure its the same hull? Conflicting emails from the source would confirm this but unsubstantiated claims need to be based on fact. You now are moving into a business arena. Customer support and shipping claims are going to be common if you do any volume sales. Be very careful. Get to the heart of things before you jump the gun. Things tend to snowball and can effect your perspective. Its tough for sure. If you suspect something is amiss gather some facts. You have options. Paypal or credit card companies can and will work with you. But you need to be prepared to offer details to prevent fraud if that is what you are alluding to.

John

LarrysDrifter
12-26-2010, 09:48 PM
He first posted he wanted $200 for the bare hull!!Thats nuts!If I would have known he got this from you,Ben,originally,I wouldnt have been trying to help him out.Seems like hes doing a build thread and sale thead with this hull at the same time.Im done with him.Sorry to hear about your problem with a bad customer.Good luck getting it straightened out.

Diegoboy
12-26-2010, 10:03 PM
He isn't selling the hull anymore. READ post #4

Please allow me to help...

Nobody wants it? Looks like im going to build it. :w00t:

FighterCat57
12-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Fair warning Danny. Its what I would do as well.

Ben, are you sure its the same hull? Conflicting emails from the source would confirm this but unsubstantiated claims need to be based on fact. You now are moving into a business arena. Customer support and shipping claims are going to be common if you do any volume sales. Be very careful. Get to the heart of things before you jump the gun. Things tend to snowball and can effect your perspective. Its tough for sure. If you suspect something is amiss gather some facts. You have options. Paypal or credit card companies can and will work with you. But you need to be prepared to offer details to prevent fraud if that is what you are alluding to.

John

Thanks John, your answer is inline with why I posted this. I have no ill will, I just boldly caught him lying about the PP dispute being filed. Then when I saw the for sale thread, it connected the dots on the sick feeling I got while conversing with him. Something is just amiss.

I have no way of knowing what he is showing photos of. I guess I should give PP a call and get more comfortable with their processes and what the appropriate response procedure is.

I did get some screen shots of his for sale post, his user account with his name on it and a timeline of the emails he sent with seriously conflicting statements.

Rummy, you're right. We don't need this kind of behavior.

I just wish he'd wake up a realize what a deal he got on such a very cool hull.

It's just sad. He has some very misguided enthusiasm for this sport.

FighterCat57
12-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Almost forgot, the sale is from this forum, from PM's here when I asked who was hosting his tshirt site he started asking me about boats he could buy.

Rumdog
12-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Funny. Now the link to his site in his sig. Is gone.
I am only a pest when it is deserved.

andym
12-26-2010, 11:46 PM
If that so called scratch is what he is complaining about tell him to go root a boot !!! I have a $900 hull sitting inside with some defects in the gel coat or should I say colored epoxy as it is a epoxy lay up gas rigger. It is not a major problem and you will be hard pressed to find a hull with out a defect of some kind!! Funny though how he wanted to sell a perfect hull !! I have never seen one, even my wood hydro's that I am anal about have some defect that I can find!!

Flying Scotsman
12-27-2010, 05:25 AM
Well! I look for perfection...have I found it ...NO!!

Douggie