PDA

View Full Version : IMPBA D12 FE Racing in 2011 (MD, DE, DC, VA, NC) discussion

Chilli
12-24-2010, 07:55 PM
I've actually got a little free time and just wanted to open a new thread for D12 FE racing for 2011. To say we broke the ice in 2010 would be an understatement. Thanks to all of you for making it happen! It looks like just about all of us have projects on the bench for next year, so I imagine things are only going to get bigger and better next year.

Here is where we're at for 2011 in a nutshell:
We just finished up a trial year with combined nitro/electric classes for P-spec Hydro, P-spec outboard tunnel and P-mono. Things couldn't have gone any better! I expect the classes to be voted permanent at the district 12 meeting over the winter. Voting is done by district club officers. Now, what's in store for the 2011? I have to give Don a call but I think the trend is going to continue to try and bolster nitro classes that have been having light turn outs. I think Don wants to combine the bigger nitro hydro classes into a Open Nitro/FE hydro class. I think he also wants a combined Nitro/FE 1/8th scale class (with the parity rule). Personally I would also like to see Open Nitro Mono become Open Nitro/FE mono. So I'm pretty sure that's what we're looking at for next year. These possible new additions will have to be proposed and approved at the winter meeting before it's a done deal. Also remember FE's can run in Open Cat and Open offshore. But you better have a boat that's capable of running with big gas boats.

Now, some of you may be thinking down the road and wondering what's it going to take for us to get a class of our own? Don often gets asked to add classes for the district race series. His response is always the same. "Show me the money". Whether gas, nitro or FE. That means get a group of guys to build the boats for the class that you want to run and bring them to the races. And not just one or two district races. You have to have enough participation at almost all the district races. That's the only way we're going to get our own FE classes in the future. We had a great turn out at Chesapeake, but we had just one FE in Greensboro, two in Queenstown, one in Centreville and one in Hagerstown. So at this point ,we are not in a position to ask for anything. But as FE's get more exposure and their numbers grow, so will be our ability to get our own separate FE classes.

I hope you all have a great, safe Holiday season. I can't wait till spring!!! :beerchug:

Chilli
01-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Distric 12 FE rules can be found here:

http://www.impba.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=153&func=view&catid=17&id=65

Diegoboy
01-04-2011, 10:15 PM
I still express my absolute disgust for #6. Before the dawn of brushless motors, there was no rule like #6 applied to nitro.
I know, I know...
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/picture.php?albumid=287&pictureid=3810

Chilli
01-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Point taken Danny. The only class this was a factor for last year was B/P-Mono. All the spec classes played nice with the B nitro classes with no complaints. If we run a Open Nitro/FE Hydro and Mono class next year, this rule should not apply. Open means Open. But we are probably looking at a parity rule for the 1/8th Scale class. Don will let us know when the D12 winter meeting is. If you want to come up to Richmond to request any rule changes, that would be cool. If you don't want to, I'll be happy to bring up anyones requests.

Diegoboy
01-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Mike, If I'm off that day, I'd be happy to attend

don ferrette
01-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Point taken Danny. The only class this was a factor for last year was B/P-Mono. All the spec classes played nice with the B nitro classes with no complaints. If we run a Open Nitro/FE Hydro and Mono class next year, this rule should not apply. Open means Open. But we are probably looking at a parity rule for the 1/8th Scale class. Don will let us know when the D12 winter meeting is. If you want to come up to Richmond to request any rule changes, that would be cool. If you don't want to, I'll be happy to bring up anyones requests.The parity rule will remain for B/P mono and also apply in 1/8 scale if we combine which we probably will do. I'm already working on the details as I plan to run an FE scale for 2011 as well. Open nitro/FE hydro and open nitro/FE mono may have an 8S cap on power but that's probably all. Again still working on the final details......

Diegoboy
01-05-2011, 11:57 AM
well I guess there's no need for me to attend now.

Doug Smock
01-05-2011, 12:03 PM
The parity rule will remain for B/P mono and also apply in 1/8 scale if we combine which we probably will do. I'm already working on the details as I plan to run an FE scale for 2011 as well. Open nitro/FE hydro and open nitro/FE mono may have an 8S cap on power but that's probably all. Again still working on the final details......

With a 8s cap on FE will you be keeping the 101s out of the open classes?:hornets_nest::hide: :Peace_Sign:

Doug:beerchug:

Chilli
01-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Or KP with a .60 :laugh:

don ferrette
01-05-2011, 01:25 PM
With a 8s cap on FE will you be keeping the 101s out of the open classes?:hornets_nest::hide: :Peace_Sign:

Doug:beerchug:Based on MANY conversations will well versed experienced "big block" FE guys as well as my own research a properly set up 8S will be as fast or faster than any of the big block nitro motors. Of course like anything else things can be tweaked if needed as we go. Just like before, you gotta walk before you run. :smile:

Doug Smock
01-05-2011, 03:04 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Or KP with a .60 :laugh:

Doby
01-05-2011, 03:12 PM
I still express my absolute disgust for #6. Before the dawn of brushless motors, there was no rule like #6 applied to nitro.
I know, I know...
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/picture.php?albumid=287&pictureid=3810

Rule #6,,,thats hilarious.....hopefully someone put that in there as a bad joke. De-Tune the boat.....how far it is de-tuned is really up in the air...how about till the noisy and stinky boats are all faster than the electric one.....do the noisy and stinky guys have the final say on when its de-tuned enough:eek::eek::eek:

Sadly pathetic.

don ferrette
01-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Rule #6,,,thats hilarious.....hopefully someone put that in there as a bad joke. De-Tune the boat.....how far it is de-tuned is really up in the air...how about till the noisy and stinky boats are all faster than the electric one.....do the noisy and stinky guys have the final say on when its de-tuned enough:eek::eek::eek:

Sadly pathetic.So this is a productive statement in what way? At least here in D12 we are moving FORWARD in bringing FE into the mainstream. Until such a time that FE can stand on it's own concessions will be needed to keep things level and having a place to play. Sure beats the alternative........

Doug Smock
01-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Sadly pathetic.

Actually fellas it makes perfect sense. Put yourself in a nitro racers shoes. You've been doing fine for all of these years and then these FE guys show up and clean your clock. How long would you let them play in your sandbox????
Exactly.
At the end of the day it can work, and D12 proved that last year. Well except for that one guy.LOL:hug1:

D.:beerchug:

Doby
01-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Its hard to keep things "level" when there is a rule in place that can never be accuratley inforced. Its way to subjective and there will never be any agreement on when a boat is "de-tuned" enough.

Rules like that only add to the ongoing confusion. Apples and Oranges can only play nicely in the "open" classes.

Doug Smock
01-05-2011, 03:36 PM
I guess they failed miserably last year. I'll let you break the news to them. LOL
As you were fellas.:smile:

Doug:beerchug:

Doby
01-05-2011, 03:42 PM
What do the rules say if a nitro boat is faster than the FE boat?

Please use a restrictor plate on your carb or don't go past 1/2 throttle so the FE guy can keep up?

Sorry, I see that Diego's apparently got the right idea...... :tape: and bend over :bowdown:.

I'll have to bring this up at our clubs meetings as we prepare for this season's race schedule (yes, mixed events as well)

:olleyes:

Diegoboy
01-05-2011, 03:43 PM
It'll be de-tuned enough when you are behind all the nitro guys i guess.

Doug Smock
01-05-2011, 03:50 PM
I'll have to bring this up at our clubs meetings as we prepare for this season's race schedule (yes, mixed events as well)

No need to do that Doby. Just go out there and smoke em so to speak and see how it works for ya.

Have a good one fellas!
Doug

don ferrette
01-05-2011, 03:50 PM
I guess they failed miserably last year. I'll let you break the news to them. LOL
As you were fellas.:smile:

Doug:beerchug:Yessiree what a failure of a season especially with an FE winning the hotly contested B/P hydro class. Bottom line it's our sandbox and we will do what works for the majority of our district members. We had alot of fun last season and it will be even better for 2011. Nobody is twisting anyone's arm, you can play by our rules or find another sandbox.........

And BTW- Diegoboy, how much racing did you do in D12 last year?? :noidea:

Doby
01-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Yessiree what a failure of a season especially with an FE winning the hotly contested B/P hydro class. Bottom line it's our sandbox and we will do what works for the majority of our district members. We had alot of fun last season and it will be even better for 2011. Nobody is twisting anyone's arm, you can play by our rules or find another sandbox.........

As an IMPBA member, when I read rules like that I wonder sometimes why I joined.:cursing:

I'll try and keep our sandbox cleaner :hug1:

Diegoboy
01-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Sandbox, litterbox it's all the same to me.

egneg
01-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Well this thread is headed towards the crapper.

All I can say is that ODMBA was great to me this past season and the guys all helped to make me feel welcome. I ran FE only and the District race with P-mono and the electric shootout was fantastic. I really look forward to this coming season.

Diegoboy
01-05-2011, 04:56 PM

2 heats. That really doesn't matter, because I represent the new and potential members for the IMPBA. Looking at a rule like that, it makes people seriously consider not joining, or buy into a dying technology since the rules favor that. Asking a question like that only shows you trying to discredit me so nothing I say matters.

What do the rules say if a nitro boat is faster than the FE boat?
Please use a restrictor plate on your carb or don't go past 1/2 throttle so the FE guy can keep up?

Sorry, I see that Diego's apparently got the right idea...... :tape: and bend over :bowdown:.

Doby, That was brought up many times, and in this thread twice, but it keeps getting ignored.

Diegoboy
01-05-2011, 04:57 PM
I agree Egneg.
Everyone else, I apologize for voicing my opinions, especially the opinions that don't agree with yours.

Chilli
01-05-2011, 05:01 PM
:Praying:Well I started a new thread hoping we could keep things positive for the new year. :ThumbsDown01:

For the record, I was the one who composed/compiled the D12 FE rules. If anyone has any question how a particular rule came into being, PM me and I'll tell you the reason why the rule is in place. I also posted drafts of the proposed rules on this board several times prior to the winter meeting last year and got zero negative feedback.

This time last year we had no FE classes in D12 and I was building a gas boat because I didnt know if I was going to have a class to race in. Last summer we ran FE's in three classes. Don is working on doubling that in 2011. How many other districts have seen that kind of FE growth in less than a year???

So whats the problem???:noidea:

The glass is 3/4 full guys!!!!

Diegoboy
01-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Sorry Mike,
I simply stated my opinion in an open forum where not only is it permitted, but encouraged, then it just went south

Chilli
01-05-2011, 05:37 PM
No problem Danny. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Once we get FE participation up, we will be in better position to ask the district for rule changes, our own classes, etc.

Now, lets all get ready for 2011.

PS- Steve has some UL-1 cooling jackets in stock if anyone needs one. They had been out of stock for a while.

hazegry
01-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Sorry guys I am having issues with rule #8 subsection c saying what esc you have to run ESC isnt going to give a speed advantage just insurance for my wallet as a new esc isn't cheap. detuning isnt an issue for me yet I got to get around the track first. I hope we can get enough FE guys so the detuning rule becomes mute. the nitro guys are going to come around eventually. I will give it a go but if I am going thru ESC's left and right I will have to call it quits. I was trying to get a spec rigger going for hydro but now I will just run the tunnel and see how it goes. That way I have more funds for ESC's the season just started lets try to have some fun.

Diegoboy
01-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Choices are:
Pop your esc -> loose the race
or
Back off the agressive driving -> loose the race
:lol:
It's designed for failure

Diegoboy
01-05-2011, 05:56 PM
...oops
I mean, Lets have fun GUYS!

don ferrette
01-05-2011, 05:58 PM
2 heats. That really doesn't matter, because I represent the new and potential members for the IMPBA. Looking at a rule like that, it makes people seriously consider not joining, or buy into a dying technology since the rules favor that. Asking a question like that only shows you trying to discredit me so nothing I say matters.

On the contrary it does matter as my obligation is to those who want to RACE and have FUN. As for how you "represent the new and potential members for the IMPBA" .... nah don't think so. The rules do not "favor" squat, if that was the case then the FE's that ran last season would have gotten their collective asses handed to them which wasn't even close to reality. Sorry if you are sooo displeased with what the rest of D12, including our new FE racers, had no issues with but what matters is keeping the majority of the members happy. Furthermore, I don't need to "discredit" you as your own argument is doing that quite well since you won't be happy until you here exactly what you want. Bottom line- put on your big boy pants, come out and race and see how competitive it really is. You might just surprise yourself and even have some FUN along the way.

Done with this at this point, time to move forward.........

Diegoboy
01-05-2011, 06:04 PM
oK Don, whatever you say. I wear little boy pants, I discredit myself and I don't want to race and have fun.

yeah right!

Remember, I'm taking shots at the rules, not you. But if you feel the need to stroke your ego by taking shots at me, go ahead.

egneg
01-05-2011, 06:17 PM
There is a third choice ... add a cap bank!

Diegoboy
01-05-2011, 06:19 PM
There is a third choice ... add a cap bank!

:thumbup:

Doug Smock
01-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Guys there is nothing wrong with the ESCs. We have had ZERO failures in the three years we've been running the classes. Some of you may recall our boats were fairly competitive.
Build your boats, practice getting around the course, and the rest will work it self out at the races.

See ya at the pond!
Doug

hazegry
01-05-2011, 08:43 PM
that makes me feel better Doug I just hope my set up gets the same results if someone can find a way to pop a ESC its me lol. I have a cap bank so I will add that in and hope for the best. I am still going to cool it on the other boat until I get some lap time under my belt. I did buy a UL1 motor the other day so now I just need a esc and lower leg.

carlcisneros
01-05-2011, 10:47 PM
well, for what its' worth folks. I run a JAE with a CMB VAC21 in it and was racing against Mike
and his JAE 21FE last season and had a great time doing it. His boat is very reliable until his radio system (read Futaba LOL) started to take a good old c _ _ p. I am in the process of turning my CMB 90 powered Insane Mono into FE for the up coming season. I have everything to do it ,just the temps in the garage are a bit too cold for me right now.

everyone accepted the FE folks and we all had a great time at the races.

I will still be running my 21 rigger and maybe the 21 mono, but am also working on an FE mono as well for the B/P combined class.

you will be surprised as to the performance of the little jewels on 4S.

Carl

Can't wait to see everyone at the races next year and see how it stacks up in the combined FE/Nitro classses.

cybercrxt
01-05-2011, 11:08 PM
This is getting quite old. I just cannot believe the comments, rude remarks, and general lack of common reasoning I am seeing in this thread. D12 has done waaayyyyy more than necissary to try and make this work. What I am trying to understand is this detuning complaint. Half of the drivers, myself included, do not possess the skills to properly drive, and you want the highest of speeds on the course. Is this to cover up the bad driving so you can catch up in the straights. Yes, you heard me, new drivers need to learn to hold lanes and not hit things. How is that accomplished when the boats are overpowered? learn to drive first and you will realize top speed is not the answer to winning a race. Like I said, myself included as I am not a good driver. Another thing, max speed racing is what kills esc's, so if esc's are blowing, maybe we need to think about this. Sorry to be pissed, but this is just plain dumb to still be hearing this kind of talk. If you don't like the way things are, walk away, find another pond or hobby. Mike

Diegoboy
01-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Ok. I will forever keep my opinions to myself and watch everyone else here have the freedom to voice theirs. (NOT)
Just because my opinion goes against the majority, doesn't mean that I have no right to speak it. I apologize to you directly Mike. Playing by the D12 ODMBA rules is what I have to do to race with them, but NO ONE can make me like it.

cybercrxt
01-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Its not about the opinions, its the constant derogatory attitude. You seem to feel like FE racers are being held back and you haven't even experienced the races. If you would just get out there and race, these comments would quickly go away and the thrill of fair competion might make you wonder why you criticized the rules in the first place. The odd thing is these comments are not coming from the guys that race their FE boats every weekend. I have not seen them complaining!

Diegoboy
01-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Mike, I am not in any way being derogatory to anyone. I merely stated my disgust of rule #6. By saying so, I have been attacked personally by others in this thread including the implication of childishness. If there was any derogatory attitude, I was the victim of it. BUT since my opinion goes against the majority, I'm the bad guy.
Will it be better for me to lie and say "Awesome set of rules here guys" and come to the table with animosity??

Steven Vaccaro
01-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Ok on paper #6 looks bad. But they did let fe run with the nitro boats. I would have LOVED that if it happened around here. And would have gladly reduced my speeds to make it competitive.

Time to move this back on to the forum topic. Who's going to step-up to build/race in d12 so electric only classes can be added and rule number 6 can be tossed out the window?

don ferrette
01-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Ok on paper #6 looks bad. But they did let fe run with the nitro boats. I would have LOVED that if it happened around here. And would have gladly reduced my speeds to make it competitive.

Time to move this back on to the forum topic. Who's going to step-up to build/race in d12 so electric only classes can be added and rule number 6 can be tossed out the window?

Well Steve therein lies the reality of it all, until such a time as we have the boat counts to do that we need to have some parity in order to give the FE boats a place to play. We could have just as easily said nope not interested and kept along the same path but we want to see the hobby continue to grow in our district. Danny is pounding the keys flexing his keyboard muscle like some horribly wronged person victimized by that "disgusting" rule #6 as he put it. Fact is nothing is further from the truth, we had some outstanding mixed FE/nitro racing in D12, so good that we should see our FE ranks no less than double in 2011. My ultimate goal is to grow this into something big enough to have FE only classes but like I've been saying repeatedly you have to walk before you can run. It's been no secret that I myself will be fielding at least two new FE boats to run in those very "parity" restricted classes that Danny is ranting about. If it was soooo unfair and slanted towards nitro then why would a long time hard core nitro guy like myself build FE's instead of just keeping with this phantom advantage and run my nitro stuff? DUH!! We've been trying to get that notion across to Danny and his pal Jason but it seems like we'd have better results talking to a wall. What we are doing is working and working well and will only help promote FE growth in our area regardless of this absurd agument being put forth. And lastly maybe ..... just maybe Danny might try a different approach like talking to us face to face instead of sitting there being his PC. What a novel concept.........

Diegoboy
01-06-2011, 09:08 AM
What I am ranting about is the bias, and how YOU feel like I'm attacking you as a person.

everyone keeps talking about "moving forward" but all you do is keep looking back. Take that rule and see how it plays on any new member to the club and to racing. It is discouraging. If you want more FE involvement in the future, word your stupid rule to reflect fairness.
What's good for the goose...
Let me give you an example:
In the spirit of good sportsmanship, any boats having a noticeable speed advantage over the majority of the boats in the heat will be asked to detune their boats to ensure competitive racing. If they do not comply, they shall be disqualified from the class for the race weekend.
Same rule, more pleasing, and all I did was remove the bias from it. I guess thats rocket science or you guys simply cant figure it out.

cybercrxt
01-06-2011, 09:25 AM
OK, I just read some PM's Hazgry (Jason) sent to Don Ferrette. I think shared these with Dick Loeb.

Dick, who is the president of ODMBA, called out a good point: Jason is asking Don Ferrette in these PM's "aren't you the president of ODMBA and your slamming new members".

Jason, and Danny,
Do you guys even know who our club president of the ODMBA is? Its the 62 year old guy that was under same tent as me at the ODMBA invitational, his name is Dick Loeb.

Don Ferrette is the District 12 director who lives in Richmond, and is in his early 40's with black hair.

I seem to get the feeling both of you are so out of touch you are not even sure who you are talking to. That is pretty pathetic that you are a member of a club and have no clue who the president of the club is and even worse you are saying things to and about this person, that if I had someone say to my face they might be picking up their teeth.

Also, you better think hard about the profanity you are stressing in these emails towards Don, because I have seen Don mad, and I don't really think you would like that in your face as you might run and piss in those big boy pants.

No one is trying to take the FE boats, de-tune a 65mph FE boat down to a 45mph boat to race 55mph nitro boats. What they are trying to do, is take a 65mph FE, bring it to 55mph to race 55mph nitro boats. If you don't get that, then go home. Kinda like stock car racing, if you have ever heard of that, you let your driving skills win the race, not sprint down the straights at 100mph then do all kinds of crappy turning, and then 100mph again to place catch up to a consistent, lane holding racer. That is not racing, that is not learning, and that will not better your skills over the long run. If you want top speed, go to a SAW race, if you want to learn how to drive, make it competitive, and get better at it, go by the rules. None of you drive well enough that you need super fast boats as all you are going to do is end up hitting some guys nitro boat in the side and destroy his day.

Think about that a little. All i know is I am getting really tired of thinking about it and wondering when any of this might sink in.

Diegoboy
01-06-2011, 09:36 AM
I never used profanity to Don or anyone. I never attacked him or any other person.
I will not run and wet myself in front of any man angry for whatever reason. I will however, hold my ground and still speak my opinion, in person or wherever.
As I said before, I may have to play by that bias rule, but NO ONE CAN FORCE ME TO LIKE IT.
Why is everyone trying to make me like it?

cybercrxt
01-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Why would you not like it? Do you not want even matched racing? Give me a good reason why you don't????? That is what no one, and I mean no one seems to understand!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said, Jason is doing his fair share of PM attacks. Not cool either.

Diegoboy
01-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Mike,
If it were worded like in Post #45, I would never have had an issue with it.

In the spirit of good sportsmanship, any boats having a noticeable speed advantage over the majority of the boats in the heat will be asked to detune their boats to ensure competitive racing. If they do not comply, they shall be disqualified from the class for the race weekend.

That removes any bias, and shows true parity.
Saying that onle FE's are subject to de-tuning is representing a true BIAS

Steven Vaccaro
01-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Danny's a good guy. The problem is its easy to read something and take it the wrong way, in both reading the rules and his posts. I haven't met some of you other guys, but I haven't met a person at a race that I couldn't get along with. I'm sure you guys are the same.

Lets move on before hard feelings are had.

Any more about this will be deleted.

Please put in on topic or it will be shut down.

hazegry
01-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Don and myself are going to talk on the phone tonight and try to resolve our end of things. Mike I can handle myself just fine but thanks for the concern. So I made a mistake as to the pres of ODMBA I was pretty sure it was Dick Loeb but wasnt sure sue me. Everyone is coming from different angles and needs to just cool off. I will be talking with Don tonight I wont discuss anything else here further. I might give Dick a call as well since he is the pres of the ODMBA if we cant resolve it I will walk away and wish them the best.

Steven Vaccaro
01-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Time to kiss and makeup. :hug1:

LuckyDuc
01-06-2011, 12:14 PM
I've actually got a little free time and just wanted to open a new thread for D12 FE racing for 2011. To say we broke the ice in 2010 would be an understatement. Thanks to all of you for making it happen! It looks like just about all of us have projects on the bench for next year, so I imagine things are only going to get bigger and better next year.

Here is where we're at for 2011 in a nutshell:
We just finished up a trial year with combined nitro/electric classes for P-spec Hydro, P-spec outboard tunnel and P-mono. Things couldn't have gone any better! I expect the classes to be voted permanent at the district 12 meeting over the winter. Voting is done by district club officers. Now, what's in store for the 2011? I have to give Don a call but I think the trend is going to continue to try and bolster nitro classes that have been having light turn outs. I think Don wants to combine the bigger nitro hydro classes into a Open Nitro/FE hydro class. I think he also wants a combined Nitro/FE 1/8th scale class (with the parity rule). Personally I would also like to see Open Nitro Mono become Open Nitro/FE mono. So I'm pretty sure that's what we're looking at for next year. These possible new additions will have to be proposed and approved at the winter meeting before it's a done deal. Also remember FE's can run in Open Cat and Open offshore. But you better have a boat that's capable of running with big gas boats.

Now, some of you may be thinking down the road and wondering what's it going to take for us to get a class of our own? Don often gets asked to add classes for the district race series. His response is always the same. "Show me the money". Whether gas, nitro or FE. That means get a group of guys to build the boats for the class that you want to run and bring them to the races. And not just one or two district races. You have to have enough participation at almost all the district races. That's the only way we're going to get our own FE classes in the future. We had a great turn out at Chesapeake, but we had just one FE in Greensboro, two in Queenstown, one in Centreville and one in Hagerstown. So at this point ,we are not in a position to ask for anything. But as FE's get more exposure and their numbers grow, so will be our ability to get our own separate FE classes.

I hope you all have a great, safe Holiday season. I can't wait till spring!!! :beerchug:
Congrats on your success! That is basically how FE got started here in District 4. Last year was the first year that we had our own class (P-limited sport hydro / LSH). Next season we are hoping to have enough racers to add a P-limited rigger class.
Good job fostering the hobby and racing!

LuckyDuc
01-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Another thing that has worked well for us in Dist 4 is creating a FE Guide for our members (most of which are nitro racers). The FE guide has helped get some of the nitro guys interested and building FE boats. If you would like to see a copy of ours shoot me a PM.

hazegry
01-06-2011, 02:00 PM
LuckyDuc I think thats a great idea maybe expand it to a noob guide to rc boat racing. I think it would help solve allot of these things.

Steven Vaccaro
01-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Another thing that has worked well for us in Dist 4 is creating a FE Guide for our members (most of which are nitro racers). The FE guide has helped get some of the nitro guys interested and building FE boats. If you would like to see a copy of ours shoot me a PM.

Cool idea. Can we post it?

LuckyDuc
01-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Cool idea. Can we post it?

I would post it, but it might start a controversy over things that got left out. This way it can be tailored by others to fit their club(s) without causing a debate. Ours was written to an audience of nitro/experienced racers in mind, and focuses solely on the P-limited classes. It covers available motors, ESCs, Batteries, Chargers, connectors, BECs, starter props, and popular race hulls for the various spec classes.

I will PM/email you with a copy Steve.

Doug Smock
01-06-2011, 03:28 PM
I would post it, but it might start a controversy over things that got left out. This way it can be tailored by others to fit their club(s) without causing a debate. Ours was written to an audience of nitro/experienced racers in mind, and focuses solely on the P-limited classes. It covers available motors, ESCs, Batteries, Chargers, connectors, BECs, starter props, and popular race hulls for the various spec classes.

I will PM/email you with a copy Steve.

I'd like to see what you guys have come up with. Send me a copy also please sir.
smockrc@bellsouth.net

Thanks,
Doug

LuckyDuc
01-06-2011, 04:39 PM
I'd like to see what you guys have come up with. Send me a copy also please sir.
smockrc@bellsouth.net

Thanks,
Doug

Will do.

Meniscus
02-23-2011, 12:54 PM
I would be interested in seeing a copy too if at all possible. Thanks!

I'm going to make best efforts to participate locally this year in IMPBA.

Regarding pond issues, I know several of the land owners who own many of the ponds here: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=36.556774,-76.189585&spn=0.01765,0.049996&t=h&z=15
If there is still an issue with the pond, let me know and I'll try to see if they would be amenable. I don't think any of them are large enough for offshore, but it should work for everything else. Plus no issues for IC sound.

I just wish we could find a location for SAWS without going all the way to E-City.