PDA

View Full Version : delta force 35 build prop help

Taylor
12-23-2010, 02:21 AM
hey guys im looking for some help with deciding what prop to use and how to modify them ive been looking on other forums and things and i just cant find what i need...what is the trailing edge and all that talk when they say that what side of the prop are they talking about to cup or cut i would love some help...i put some good money in my builds like my falcon cat 41 and now this delta 35 i have the best for but never seem to get any good performance because i cant choose the right prop or dont know how or where to modify one!! help me!!

RIPFENCE
12-23-2010, 06:19 AM
hey guys im looking for some help with deciding what prop to use and how to modify them ive been looking on other forums and things and i just cant find what i need...what is the trailing edge and all that talk when they say that what side of the prop are they talking about to cup or cut i would love some help...i put some good money in my builds like my falcon cat 41 and now this delta 35 i have the best for but never seem to get any good performance because i cant choose the right prop or dont know how or where to modify one!! help me!!

your prop is dependent on power choice and cells...we need to know what you are going to put in it..personally i run a 1527 1y 1250kv on 6s and 7s lipo...surprisingly i have found the best runtime/speed on this combination is the x646 3 blade prop..it gets into the low 60's on 7s...but again this is just what i run so if you can give us your powerplant that would be good

thanks
rip

Taylor
12-23-2010, 03:30 PM
thanks for replying i am looking to use a 1515 castle neu or i was looking to use my kb45 08xl for now since i already own them i have a swordfish 200 amp esc on its way and i own a 60 amp hydra HV what i dont think will work to low amp rating i will want to run 6s with the swordfish that is my limit it is a low voltage esc...another question i had was can i add a larger capacitor cap to it to use a higher cell count or will that not work with the swordfish or period...im looking to do with boat right so thanks again..

RIPFENCE
12-23-2010, 03:41 PM
you will be much happier with the castle or neu setup....you can run the 1515 but its going to make the motor work a little more then i would recommend...if you go the castle route the 1520 or the 1717 would be real nice for 6s and could spin larger props with less heat...if you go with the neu 1515 i would try an m445 and then an x645 for best speeds...the problem is that the 1515 might be slightly underpowering the hull..if you are happy with mid to high forties then go with it..if you want fifties you will need more motor asfar as the kb goes they run hot and are not nearly as efficient...i would not go that route JMO though

RIPFENCE
12-23-2010, 03:44 PM
one thing i forgot was the kv on the 1515...are you using the 1500kv? that would be good for 6s..you gotta be careful with the swordfish too...just do not start out with a huge prop

Taylor
12-23-2010, 05:55 PM
hey thanks ok i was thinking of picking up the 1717 that would be a choice would you recommended that on 6s with the same size props and how would you position the strut on back of the transom some people say to position it slightly tyo the left to counter prop walk or such something in that area. Thanks again!

Taylor
12-23-2010, 05:58 PM
where do u pick up those nice motor mounts at i cant seem to find one to fit a motor the size of a 1717..

RIPFENCE
12-23-2010, 06:25 PM
hey thanks ok i was thinking of picking up the 1717 that would be a choice would you recommended that on 6s with the same size props and how would you position the strut on back of the transom some people say to position it slightly tyo the left to counter prop walk or such something in that area. Thanks again!

you can spin a much larger prop with the 1717..probably something like 48-52mm range..an x646 3blade will work well on this hull too..if you go to the 1717 you may want to think about getting yourself a 240 amp esc just to be safe..l am not saying that you cannot use yor 200 amp but the 1717 on 6s is the upper limit for that kv..i do have a swordfish 240 i am thin of parting with also if you are interested at all..i would give you a killer deal on it because i kind of need the cash..

as far as prop walk goes...some boaters offset the drive/strut to the left/right off center a bit..personally i think it causes other handling problems..just mount your stinger drive in the center of the keel about 1/8" up and it will be fine..if you happen to have prop walk you can just make a prop change thats all like cutting pitch down a bit

RIPFENCE
12-23-2010, 06:32 PM
as far as a motor mount goes..south river rc sells a mount that will work but its a bottom style mount and not designed for use in mounting rails..your other option is mr peter zicha here on ose..i think he is making 1717 mounts which are top shelf workmanship..i have had several of his mounts and they are light years ahead of any other ones out there..you can find them in the motor mounts thread in the ose member products/services section

RIPFENCE
12-23-2010, 06:34 PM
oh yeah i have tried the 1717 in this hull before and i was getting mid fifties..i know there was more speed in it too..i did not test it for very long and did not have it dialed