PDA

View Full Version : craigslist post need help

winner
12-21-2010, 05:41 PM
hey guys!

i was looking on craiugslist this morning and saw these 3 traxxas boats for $60 i already want them because i know for a fact i can get each one running for $40 each with 2.4Ghz radio recievers and other small parts, and buy a 2.4 transmitter for $50 to use on all of them, however my dad says its a bad idea, that im buying someone elses junk, and its not worth it. and imo for $60 even if can only use the parts out of all of them and get 1 working i think its worth it. heres a link: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/tag/2096220152.html

what do you guys think? can anyone idenify the hull? i believe its a nitro vee, and engine? and anyone think it could handle a traxxas 3.3 i have laying around?

thanks!,
-winner

Fluid
12-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Those boats are junk and you will lose all your money. The steerable outdrive is a poor design and nothing but trouble.

Listen to your dad, spend you money on something of value.
:iagree:

dana
12-21-2010, 06:09 PM
i agree with fluid, that thing isnt worth the money.... total abomination

winner
12-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Those boats are junk and you will lose all your money. The steerable outdrive is a poor design and nothing but trouble.

Listen to your dad, spend you money on something of value.
:iagree:

thanks, and i agree after doing some research i think i'd be way better off just saving up and getting a SV27 or another nice FE hull, and to be honest i have never really been a big fan of nitro boats

dana
12-21-2010, 06:16 PM
nitro anything is a pain in the ass. go electric. save your money... and see if the new traxxas boat is all its cracked up to be

winner
12-21-2010, 06:19 PM
nitro anything is a pain in the ass. go electric. save your money... and see if the new traxxas boat is all its cracked up to be

i've heard alot about it, but havent really seen to many around? think its worth buying? doesnt it have an ABS hull? i've been looking at the SV27 because its been proven worthy by consumers

dana
12-21-2010, 06:25 PM
they arent around yet. they just got shipped the other day. everyone is waiting for either the boat or the video's and a review. yes the sv is a good boat. i have one