PDA

View Full Version : seriously?!?!? spartan

dana
12-17-2010, 11:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-SPARTAN-TITAN-5708-NIB-STOCK-50MPH-/360329314210?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item53e54cffa2#ht_2592wt_1141 so this guy a couple. what a ripoff tho. i would rather see him tear into it and give us a video

GeoVW72
12-18-2010, 12:13 AM
no, you missed his other one

$1000 Spartan (http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-SPARTAN-TITAN-5708-NIB-STOCK-50MPH-/360329349043?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item53e54d87b3)

at least he's shipping it for free :rofl:

ron1950
12-18-2010, 06:34 AM
since when do plastic boats got for that much lol

RIPFENCE
12-18-2010, 07:57 AM
since when do plastic boats got for that much lol

its more than just plastic...lol..its 50mph out of the box!!! because you could never build a boat that could do that for 800.00...morons

natenkw
12-18-2010, 08:46 AM
I made him an offer"$10.00" :rofl:

forescott
12-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Nothing like taking advantage of someone for the holidays!

siberianhusky
12-18-2010, 10:29 AM
LOL! It's not 50 mph out of the box! It's 30, Only goes 50 with the OPTIONAL 6s setup!
"The howling fury of 50+ mph across the water on optional 6S LiPo power will make even the most insatiable, power-hungry enthusiasts jump up and take notice."

Thats straight out of the traxxas web sites. I have no idea what the excitement over a 30 mph boat is, it comes with a couple of 7 cell Ni-Mh batteries, not even Li-Po! The SV at least comes set up for lipos with a good 4s setup and spanks 30mph out of the box.
I think a lot of people are going to be very disappointed with what they actually receive, especially when you measure your speed in real mph not advertiser mph! And also realize they have to upgrade right out of the box to get they performance they hype up in their ads.
After all the waiting I really do hope it's a good boat, based on what I've seen in the ads I wouldn't buy one, don't like that one piece motor mount stuffing tube setup. And it's plastic! One good hit and see how it looks!
I also love how they hype the rooster tail! LOL who gives a damn about that! Sounds like a bad setup to me!

roadrashracing
12-18-2010, 12:18 PM
damn I just paided $1200 for one:sinking-guy:

roadrashracing
12-18-2010, 12:21 PM
they are both from the same seller $200 more for overnight shipping

Alexgar
12-18-2010, 12:22 PM
i wouldnt mind getting my hands on a traxxas esc

roadrashracing
12-18-2010, 12:26 PM
ya just imagain whow much people are going to part these out for, give it till spring they will be out there left and right

Alexgar
12-18-2010, 12:43 PM
i wouldnt pay top dollar but id like to see the quality of the esc

Snowride
12-18-2010, 03:03 PM
It's like anything else that cannot be found especially around Xmas time. Only a few have shipped so far and this guy is trying to make a quick buck. I have seen iPhones sell for $1500 when they were in great demand. Heck if I got the 2 I ordered today at $309 delivered each I would put the on ebay for $550 buy it now and I bet you they would sell. I really have no use for it until late April at best when the snow is gone. Remember "tickle me Elmo" people were fighting over this dumb toy at Xmas time. They also sold for rediculous amounts just before Xmas on ebay.

racer66
12-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Just checked that listing. I went to ebay "completed listings" found two. One $399.99 and the other $419.99. Neither sold. Check that same listing after Christmas. I bet it will be 1/2 price or less. Horizon Hobby has them for $403.99 out of stock now...can't run it now any way ponds frozen. Wait a minute, you can run them now. The Germans showed us how its done!

antslake
12-18-2010, 04:31 PM
There is a reason for listing things that high, I forgot why. People do that all the time. Or he is just trying to make a buck right before x-mas. The day after it will go to the normal price. Good business man, thats all.
You could have his ad removed for false advertising, since it does not do 50mph out of the box, as we all know.

antslake
12-18-2010, 04:38 PM
I just remembered why you list it that high. Usually when you do a search on ebay for an item, the listing goes from highest to lowest, so his auction will appear on top. With all the boat stuff on ebay, that is a smart move. He is accepting offers, so the first real oofer he gets, he would probably sell it.

forescott
12-18-2010, 04:39 PM
I just think it kinda goes against the spirit of giving when it comes to the holidays. I'm sure theres people with plenty of money who would'nt think twice about dropping the cash. But doubling the price and then some is just plain greedy!

b.mcdaniel.2009
12-18-2010, 04:41 PM
DELETE: Dont want to make people mad, sorry if i did, may of came off wrong.

LiPo Power
12-18-2010, 04:54 PM
SPAM!!!! Just to get your money or personal info....

oldnfat
12-18-2010, 05:51 PM
i reported him for false advertising. "50 mph"....lol
we will see what happens..what a jack hole....

forescott
12-18-2010, 06:11 PM
I hate the player and the game! It's as if someone bought up all the castle water jackets here @ OSE as soon as they became available and put them on the swap shop for 100-bucks a piece. Would anyone buy them? Maybe, but I think a lot of us would be pretty pissed about it. Sure its great for the seller, but good business? No. This seller isn't going to get any repeat customers from that business strategy.

b.mcdaniel.2009
12-18-2010, 06:14 PM
I hate the player and the game! It's as if someone bought up all the castle water jackets here @ OSE as soon as they became available and put them on the swap shop for 100-bucks a piece. Would anyone buy them? Maybe, but I think a lot of us would be pretty pissed about it. Sure its great for the seller, but good business? No. This seller isn't going to get any repeat customers from that business strategy.

True true, :bowdown:

If it was spam, hopefully e-bay or pay-pal picks up on that.

Snowride
12-18-2010, 06:16 PM

Don't see any false advertising there. It is a copy paste from the Traxxas site. According to them it does do 50 mph on 6S lipo.

b.mcdaniel.2009
12-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Don't see any false advertising there. It is a copy paste from the Traxxas site. According to them it does do 50 mph on 6S lipo.

Because it does ON 6S THOUGH.......:sinking-guy:

forescott
12-18-2010, 06:31 PM
DELETE: Dont want to make people mad, sorry if i did, may of came off wrong.

Its all good! You are completely entitled to your opinion! :hug1:

b.mcdaniel.2009
12-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Its all good! You are completely entitled to your opinion! :hug1:

I know but i opened my mouth before i thought about it. Sorry guys and Scott, i consider everyone i've delt with on OSE my friends:beerchug::thumbup1:

antslake
12-18-2010, 09:21 PM

Yea that 50mph is mis leading, but the description does clarify that you need the optional 6S lipo, and that it is only 30mph out of the box.

I'm telling you guys, he didn't list it for that price because he thinks he is going to get that price, he only wants his boat to show up high in the search, because of the price. If you offered him what it is worth, he would probably sell it to you. If some rich idiot (and there aren't many rich idiots when it comes to money) wanted to give him that much, then more power to the both of them.

Alexgar
12-19-2010, 12:06 AM
what if he list for 800 and under another profile list them at 500 just misleading buyer into going with the cheaper post while still making a hansome profit imo

dana
12-19-2010, 12:51 AM
what if he list for 800 and under another profile list them at 500 just misleading buyer into going with the cheaper post while still making a hansome profit imo

i agree here. might as well just wait for it. wont be long now

dana
12-19-2010, 12:52 AM
i know we're all DYING to see this thing on 6s lol thats the big deal right now i think

Alexgar
12-19-2010, 01:05 AM
i think it will be impressive a 6s capable xl motor rtr for sure it will ruffle some feathers but i think they are aimed towards the younger crowd and seoson boaters can take it or leave it but all the same bringing attention to what we love so win win

Alexgar
12-19-2010, 01:07 AM
i know theres a post for this but why not start a new one traxxas is revolutionizing the market again or soon they will right?

dana
12-19-2010, 01:17 AM
i know theres a post for this but why not start a new one traxxas is revolutionizing the market again or soon they will right?

well i gotta give traxxas many props, ive always liked their products.

Alexgar
12-19-2010, 01:49 AM
was my second boat nitro vee with return to shore system and at the low price of 353$

oldnfat
12-19-2010, 09:31 AM

exactly my point. i hope they remove the auction. then he will relist. it is just making him work a little bit for that kind of profit.

Snowride
12-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Pretty simple if you ask me. He is willing to let his go but only for a certain price. If they don't sell at his price he will keep them for himself. He is attempting to make some quick cash. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Like I said, if I had mine they would probably be on ebay also at no less than 2x the price I paid.

Here is another example. I cannot get an iPhone4 up here for Xmas but some are selling them at ridiculous cost. With Rogers I get a new one for $269 but they are onBO right now. They will have stock at Rogers around mid Jan however. http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-ROGERS-iPhone-4-32GB-/280580668130?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item4153e93ae2#ht_620wt_1141

They will not remove it because his price is high. He, you or I can sell at the price we want. Here is a guy tying to sell an Apple Domain called iPhone4.com for no less than 21,000,000,000 http://cgi.ebay.com/Buy-IPHONE4LIVE-COM-Domain-Apple-iPHONE-4-/150510663639?pt=Domain_Names&hash=item230b2277d7#ht_1146wt_1141

keithbradley
12-19-2010, 11:17 AM

:iagree:

I bought castle 1515 jackets from OSE before anyone started using them on the 1518s and 1520s. I posted on OSE that the 1515 jackets work well and the next day they were gone (there were like 15 or so in stock if I remember correctly). I could have bought them all and re-sold them. I didnt refrain from buying them all because Im too stupid...as it turns out Im just not a fan of c-blocking everyone else for my own selfish gain.

This is the law of supply and demand playing out, and it happens all the time. That definitely doesnt make it respectable. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that have no problem taking advantage of others to make their own profits. For some reason scalping tickets is illegal, but this behavior is ok:confused2:

I am all for capitalism and encouraging entrepreneurship, but this is neither.

Support people with good business ethics like OSE!!!

LarrysDrifter
12-19-2010, 11:37 AM
I say F ebay and Traxxas.Ive heard enough about their fantastic plastic bad ass mono.Or maybe Im just crabby.Prob both.

yurkanip
12-19-2010, 11:51 AM
I have not idea what all of the hype is about, this PLASTIC hull. Ive seen the vids and marketing Hooplah. Not impressed, just stating my opinion. I build boats, and LOVE the process of putting one together, piece by piece: epoxy, fiberglass, hardware drilling, and being bolted on etc. You get the picture. I know many people Don't want to or have the capability to build boats, they just want to run a boat, simple. There are many other boats out there, that are not hyped up or costing an arm and a leg to purchase. 50mph..LOL. forgive my sarcasm, but I have seen a tiny 22" df vortex hydro just touch 55mph using affordable components.

I LOVE to build, so I can say I will Never purchase a premade (plastic) boat, period. Just stating my opinion.

Eodman
12-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Six years ago I bought a Traxxas Villian --- that's what got my son & I into this hobby! By the time I bought a charger, 3 sets of Nimh batteries and the Villian I was above the purchase price of the Spartan!

With a Tower discount you can pick this boat up very reasonably, I like to build also but it should be a great way to introduce new hobbists young or old!

I applaud what Traxxas has done!

My only compliant is the marketing ---- give me a delivery date and stand by it! But all the boat companies are guilty of this!

lectriglide
12-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Six years ago I bought a Traxxas Villian --- that's what got my son & I into this hobby! By the time I bought a charger, 3 sets of Nimh batteries and the Villian I was above the purchase price of the Spartan!

With a Tower discount you can pick this boat up very reasonably, I like to build also but it should be a great way to introduce new hobbists young or old!

I applaud what Traxxas has done!

My only compliant is the marketing ---- give me a delivery date and stand by it! But all the boat companies are guilty of this!

+1.

One thing I've always disliked about the RC hobby are the small group of "seasoned and experienced" guys that are always dissing the entry level equipment. How many of us started with the latest and greatest equipment? The newb is mostly left feeling "inadequate" instead of being encouraged. Many of us have always remembered that and do anything we can to help and educate the newbs. Let's just stick to that and quit bickering about something that accomodates entry into the RC hobby. Face it, without Traxxas and their products there would be a lot fewer people participating in this hobby, entry prices would be higher for all of us, and the example above with father and son participating together in something would be fewer.

yurkanip
12-19-2010, 12:58 PM
"One thing I've always disliked about the RC hobby are the small group of "seasoned and experienced" guys that are always dissing the entry level equipment. How many of us started with the latest and greatest equipment? The newb is mostly left feeling "inadequate" instead of being encouraged. Many of us have always remembered that and do anything we can to help and educate the newbs. Let's just stick to that and quit bickering about something that accomodates entry into the RC hobby. Face it, without Traxxas and their products there would be a lot fewer people participating in this hobby, entry prices would be higher for all of us, and the example above with father and son participating together in something would be fewer".

Point being, in my opinion there is nothing stronger than a father and son building something together from scratch, now That is a bonding experience you can't "buy". (not a rtr you add, batteries to).

Snowride
12-19-2010, 01:00 PM

In general things have come down quite a bit especially in electronics and thanks to China. I was quoted $150 ea for 3S batteries from my LHS. Piece of crock, got them overseas for $32 each and please don't start to preach how the first time I run them there will be an explosion and a fire. :sarcasm1: Go back 6 years and buy a laptop, no less than $1500 and now you can get them for $300. My first VHS machine cost me $1600, 2 head, top mounted door and weighed close to 25lbs. :w00t:

I too applaude Traxxas as if it were not for them I would probably not even be trying this or I would be but knee deep in problems and aggravation like any ill informed/experienced newbie.

Obviously they have started to ship as there are a few on the Traxxas forums who have received them from their LHS. Won't be long now before we actually see some real world results. :bounce:

Doby
12-19-2010, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=lectriglide;263637]+1.

small group of "seasoned and experienced" guys

Be careful calling them that........most people on here aren't, and those that have a clue actually can appreciate this boat for what it actually is..

lectriglide
12-19-2010, 02:47 PM
"Point being, in my opinion there is nothing stronger than a father and son building something together from scratch, now That is a bonding experience you can't "buy". (not a rtr you add, batteries to).

Patrick, you are correct EXCEPT IMO ask yourself if an RC inexperienced father would even attempt to build from scratch. Sounds like in Eodman's case, it was the Villian that started this process into boats. Many times it is the kid that gets the exposure to the hobby then pulls Dad in. Unfortunately in this day of instant gratification, getting that object that initiates the interest and gets the ball rolling IMO has to be something simple and quick that doesn't require too much commitment. As they progress, the father/son building and bonding that you refer to occurs.

keithbradley
12-19-2010, 04:04 PM
In general things have come down quite a bit especially in electronics and thanks to China. I was quoted $150 ea for 3S batteries from my LHS. Piece of crock, got them overseas for $32 each and please don't start to preach how the first time I run them there will be an explosion and a fire. :sarcasm1: Go back 6 years and buy a laptop, no less than $1500 and now you can get them for $300. My first VHS machine cost me $1600, 2 head, top mounted door and weighed close to 25lbs. :w00t:

I too applaude Traxxas as if it were not for them I would probably not even be trying this or I would be but knee deep in problems and aggravation like any ill informed/experienced newbie.

Obviously they have started to ship as there are a few on the Traxxas forums who have received them from their LHS. Won't be long now before we actually see some real world results. :bounce:

Is the VCR for sale??? I wouldnt give you any more than 800...its not worth more than 50 cents on the dollar if its used...plus I've heard that they are going to come out with something better...:zip-up:

Snowride
12-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Is the VCR for sale??? I wouldnt give you any more than 800...its not worth more than 50 cents on the dollar if its used...plus I've heard that they are going to come out with something better...:zip-up:

Don't laugh, your kids won't know what a DVD was. :zip-up:

Brushless55
12-19-2010, 05:04 PM

So shame on TRAXXAS! :doh:

Brushless55
12-19-2010, 05:15 PM
This thread is like the one on Traxxas who (moron!) is trying to sell a $325 boat for much more than its worth!

and this brings the stupid comments that (coming from the Spartan lovers :doh: (Trolls)) who keep slapping so many on OSE for spending big bucks to make a boat of this size do these speeds
but they (Traxxas trolls) can for so much less.. but now they try and sell this spartan for the price OSE guys get knocked for :doh:
and it's :censored: plastic!
do you hear what I'm trying to say :spy:

RIPFENCE
12-19-2010, 06:37 PM
yes i hear you..the smell of hypocrisy is in the air

GeoVW72
12-19-2010, 09:37 PM
some one purchased it for $600 :confused2:
they must really want one

Alexgar
12-19-2010, 09:48 PM
money only money if you spend it otherwise its green paper

Brushless55
12-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Its very possible that seller had a friend buy it to make things look good...

Ctonez
12-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Its very possible that seller had a friend buy it to make things look good...

especially if they have seen this thread...:spy:

Brushless55
12-20-2010, 04:28 PM
especially if they have seen this thread...:spy:

:spy:

sjslhill
12-21-2010, 09:08 AM
They are on E-bay for $399

sjslhill
12-21-2010, 09:10 AM
:blah:

This thread is like the one on Traxxas who (moron!) is trying to sell a $325 boat for much more than its worth!

and this brings the stupid comments that (coming from the Spartan lovers :doh: (Trolls)) who keep slapping so many on OSE for spending big bucks to make a boat of this size do these speeds
but they (Traxxas trolls) can for so much less.. but now they try and sell this spartan for the price OSE guys get knocked for :doh:
and it's :censored: plastic!
do you hear what I'm trying to say :spy:

Brushless55
12-21-2010, 10:04 AM
They are on E-bay for $399

who the hell would want to pay that for a plastic toy when you can get them at tower for $325! :doh:

Brushless55
12-21-2010, 10:06 AM
yes i hear you..the smell of hypocrisy is in the air

sjslhill
12-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Do you have a job :blah: :blah:

roadrashracing
12-21-2010, 10:03 PM
horizon now says early 2011

Brushless55