PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone installed Redline pushrod seals

Boomer
12-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Hey Guys,
Just wondering if anyone out there as installed Redline's pushrods seals for the rudder servo boot or bellows. I have been trying to come up with a way to install a new rubber boot or bellows without having to hire an elf to get inside the hull to glue it to the inside of the hull. You can see them at http://redlinemotors.us/#/radio-equip/4526084178
They are the 8th item from the top of the page.
These look like they'd do a nice job.
Boomer

Chilli
12-15-2010, 06:30 PM
I use them on my JAE and on the radio box in my gas boat. They do a nice job as long as you use the Aeromarine seals as Patrick stated. They take up allot of room so if you have a rudder mount that has four mounting bolts and a hole in the middle for the pushrod to go through, there's a good chance you wont have enough room for the seal mount. In this case, use a short piece of brass tube and slip a pushrod seal over it. Hold it with a little CA or a zip tie.

Boomer
12-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Thank you. Can you tell me the O.D. of the male end of metal fitting? I can't find any dimensions on these things.
Thank you

Chilli
12-15-2010, 10:21 PM
The widest part at the tip where the seal slips over is about 7/16" Once pulled over that tip, the seal sits on an area about 5/16" in diameter.

kjohnsiii
12-15-2010, 11:33 PM
These are kinda neat I might have to get a set.

Boomer
12-15-2010, 11:52 PM
I attached a photo of one of the boats I am hoping to install these on. You can see the factory pushrod rubber boot. I will measure the hole to see if these guys will fit.
Thank you
Boomer

Chuck E Cheese
12-19-2010, 04:02 PM
i use nothing but redline seals, they are by far the nicest set-up i have found..

HOTWATER
12-20-2010, 02:16 AM
I've been using them on my builds as well...nice and neat....works perfect with Speedmaster rudder mounts...