PDA

View Full Version : castle 2200kv motors in ekos

derektheshop
12-11-2010, 03:34 PM
can the stock esc's handle these motors and if they do what problems could i run into installing them

Brushless01
12-18-2010, 02:18 PM
They would not work.

derektheshop
12-18-2010, 03:08 PM
what motors do you recomend i run stock motors on 4s 3200mah packs. havent had a problem yet but i want the option of running 5s at some point

Brushless01
12-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Feigao 380xl motors maybe or similar sized leopard motors.

forescott
12-19-2010, 10:40 AM
The feigao 380-xl's are great motors but still are probably too much motor for your stock 60-amp esc's. Do you have the older version ekos with the green motors or the newer version with the outrunners?

derektheshop
12-19-2010, 12:09 PM
i have the green motors

forescott
12-19-2010, 04:50 PM
You can purchase a set of feigao 380 Long sized motors that will work with the stock esc's, The Xtra Long versions require more amps and need a bigger speed control. I used the ammo 28/45/2700's with the stock speed controls. They are better than the stockers, but are a little pricey. If you want to do it right, get a set of feigao 380 9-or10xl's w/water jackets and a pair of turnigy 120's from hobbyking. It will set you back about 250 bucks, but you'll have a reliable 60mph boat on 4s.

LarrysDrifter
12-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Dont forget to re-inforce it after you pull out the stock components.They are pretty thin.

derektheshop
12-19-2010, 09:08 PM
awsome thanks for the very helpfull info... on it

Boomer
12-20-2010, 11:49 AM
How do you rate these motors over the Leopards?
What props are you thinking for this combo, and would you recommened upgrading to aftermarket flex shafts and connectors or wire?
What connectors to you use for motors, ESC and batteries?
How about additional cooling with bottom pick ups?

I have been concerned about the amount of drag the stock water picks create. Not sure if it is and issue or not?

You mentioned reinforcing the hull, any areas in particular?

I am working on my EKOS and very interested in these comments moving forward.

Thank you
Boomer

forescott
12-20-2010, 05:42 PM
I have 2-sets of dual under hull pick-ups, The flush ones. They are unimpressive and give very minimal flow. I had no measurable increase in speed by removing the stock pick-ups. I do however think that the stock pick-ups are mounted too high and I broke mine loose and moved them down 1/2 inch.

I use ec-5 connectors for all my boats. They are basically 5mm bullets in a blue plastic housing, and there is no chance of accidentally touching pos. & neg. together like with bullets.

I can't recall anyone using the leopard 380 sized motors. If they are anything like their big brothers I'm sure they will work great. I have nothing but good things to say about the feigao's. I use the 9xl's with Jeff Wholt wire drives and its the perfect 4s sertup in my opinion!

Oh yeah turnigy/seaking 120's for esc's. They might be a little overkill for 380-xl's but at 49-bucks a piece @ Hobbyking they are a great bang-for-the-buck.

forescott
12-20-2010, 05:43 PM
I have 2-sets of dual under hull pick-ups, The flush ones. They are unimpressive and give very minimal flow. I had no measurable increase in speed by removing the stock pick-ups. I do however think that the stock pick-ups are mounted too high and I broke mine loose and moved them down 1/2 inch.

I use ec-5 connectors for all my boats. They are basically 5mm bullets in a blue plastic housing, and there is no chance of accidentally touching pos. & neg. together like with bullets.

I can't recall anyone using the leopard 380 sized motors. If they are anything like their big brothers I'm sure they will work great. I have nothing but good things to say about the feigao's. I use the 9xl's with Jeff Wholt wire drives and its the perfect 4s sertup in my opinion!

Oh yeah turnigy/seaking 120's for esc's. They might be a little overkill for 380-xl's but at 49-bucks a piece @ Hobbyking they are a great bang-for-the-buck.

derektheshop
12-20-2010, 07:23 PM
as far as water goes do you guys get alot of water in your hulls, i feel like everything is water tight but somehow it clearly isnt