PDA

View Full Version : proboat 45 amp esc question

forescott
12-10-2010, 09:17 PM
I've never owned a proboat esc. But I just got a one of their 45 amp esc's that they run in the blackjack/MG/formula fastech. Is it normal for these esc's to be pretty touchy with the throttle response? It seems like there is 2- speeds. Half throttle and full throttle! OK I might be exaggerating a little bit, but mine is pretty difficult to operate smoothly. Is this normal?? I do have the lipo card at am running an H/K 1800kv outrunner on 4 and 5s with a tactic 2.4 radio. I have the settings @ lipo mode/high cutoff/cutoff type=slow down/brake off/high timing/linear throttle mode.

sanyijr
12-13-2010, 07:52 PM
You are right. It is a bit touchy at first. I think it has to do with possibly the initial burst voltage right off the charger. Because right after a few seconds of running, it settles down and you can idle nice and steady. i also played with the ATV setting on the trottle and try to strech the response curve a little. There is a sweet spot.

But simply put, yes mine does it. And I have only run it with 2cell lipos, so no NI** experience.... and I have same settings as you.... But low timing. Otherwise, pretty darn good performance I think...

Sanyi