PDA

View Full Version : 40x52/3 for miss G?

francois
12-04-2010, 02:57 PM
hey guys...first i want to thank you for all the info...okay i got my miss geico 2 weeks ago and all i can say is WOW!!!!its amazing boat,i just want to know if the 40x52/3 will work on it or what other aquacraft prop will work.its still bone stock but want to change the prop to metal and looking for a 3 blade...tanks a lot everybody,eny comments welcome-it help a lot...regards

francois
12-04-2010, 02:59 PM
also the 40x57/3 thats actually what i ment...tanks

Diesel6401
12-04-2010, 05:44 PM
hey guys...first i want to thank you for all the info...okay i got my miss geico 2 weeks ago and all i can say is WOW!!!!its amazing boat,i just want to know if the 40x52/3 will work on it or what other aquacraft prop will work.its still bone stock but want to change the prop to metal and looking for a 3 blade...tanks a lot everybody,eny comments welcome-it help a lot...regards

also the 40x57/3 thats actually what i ment...tanks

Welcome

Glad you like your boat. They are really nice. The 40x52/3 will keep the temps low and give you more run time, but speed will suffer. The grim 42x55 will work well also. Some other props to try are a Octura x642 & m445. All those props (even the grims) will need sharpend and balanced. If you don't know how to do that yourself you can buy pre-sharpend & balanced props (http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=Sharpened+%26+Balanced+Props) or contact Chuck and he will do some props for you http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=7367. Don't use the grim 40x57/3. It's a lifter "L" prop and won't work.

francois
12-05-2010, 10:47 AM
thanks a lot diesel i apriciate it very much...i just want to ask what is the difference between a 2 blade and 3 blade prop and why will the lifter (40x57/3) wont work,i heard its for cats and hydros? thanks for all the info guys:thumbup1:

Diesel6401
12-05-2010, 11:45 AM
thanks a lot diesel i apriciate it very much...i just want to ask what is the difference between a 2 blade and 3 blade prop and why will the lifter (40x57/3) wont work,i heard its for cats and hydros? thanks for all the info guys:thumbup1:

I'm pretty sure its just for 3 point boats like hydros and riggers, never heard of use on cats. Always possible for me to be wrong though.

blackcat26
12-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Nope Diesel you are correct. Hydros and riggers. That prop has alot of pitch and will take several yards to get on plane. Speed will suffer also.

francois
12-05-2010, 04:25 PM
oky lets say we have a 2 blade prop and a 3 blade with the same diamiter and pich,what would you suggest or is it more for the looks?also what grim would work the best? like i said thanks for all the replys...:help:

blackcat26
12-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Generally the two blade will be faster on top speed than the 3 blade. The 3 blade may have a little more acceleration than the 2, just depends on what you are looking for.

Diesel6401
12-06-2010, 01:05 AM
oky lets say we have a 2 blade prop and a 3 blade with the same diamiter and pich,what would you suggest or is it more for the looks?also what grim would work the best? like i said thanks for all the replys...:help:

To add 3 blades normally hold their speed in the turns better. Grim prop would be the 42x55, like I said earlier even though they come close to sharpened and balanced they are not and still require attention.. They aren't as rough as Octura props though, they ain't lying when they say "Raw" on the octuras lol. I just sold some octura x642's in the swap shop they went quick, they are a great choice for the MG and they were sharpened and balanced.

ron1950
12-06-2010, 10:44 AM
lol i just sent chuck a octura v967/3 blade prop...what a pice of crap.....raw it was just a chunk of bronze....dont even think it would have spun on the boat lol......chuck will make it a think of beauty...i really need to send about 3 other props to him to work his magic ...

francois
12-17-2010, 12:15 PM
oky if im correct the octura x642 is 42mm diamiter and the pitch 66mm (2.6x25.4) but i cant get octura so what about the grim 42x66?like i said thanks for all the comments:Peace_Sign:

Diesel6401
12-17-2010, 12:23 PM
oky if im correct the octura x642 is 42mm diamiter and the pitch 66mm (2.6x25.4) but i cant get octura so what about the grim 42x66?like i said thanks for all the comments:Peace_Sign:

The Grim 42x66 is a lifter prop. Won't work on a cat. Use the grim 42x55. Great all around prop, will work nicely on the MG!

francois
12-17-2010, 01:20 PM
sorry i know you said that the lifter props are for hydros,but if its a dumb Q sorry but why wont a lifter work,whats its work...tanks:confused1:

Diesel6401
12-17-2010, 01:31 PM
sorry i know you said that the lifter props are for hydros,but if its a dumb Q sorry but why wont a lifter work,whats its work...tanks:confused1:

Their made for 3 point boats like hydros/riggers. 3 point boats run on each back edge of the front sponsons and the prop (3 points), lifter props lift the transoms high out of the water, less area in the water less drag faster speeds. A lifter prop on a cat will cause the hull to constantly cavatate because it will try to lift the back end of the boat out of the water which cats/mono's are opposite and need the transom in the water and bow out of the water. Hopefully that makes sense and is a ball park answer, more experinced guys may be able to provide further more exact details.

francois
12-17-2010, 01:53 PM
nope that was very helpfull,now i understand it...:thumbup1: so cause i can only get grim props you suggest the 42x55??and some say the motor can handle 6s but esc must be upgraded?if its not risky what esc for 6s and standard motor??thanks a lot!!!!:thumbup1:

Diesel6401
12-17-2010, 02:08 PM
nope that was very helpfull,now i understand it...:thumbup1: so cause i can only get grim props you suggest the 42x55??and some say the motor can handle 6s but esc must be upgraded?if its not risky what esc for 6s and standard motor??thanks a lot!!!!:thumbup1:

No you can get a bunch of props. Octura props are great, same with prathers and ABC's. The only grim props that would work best though would be the 42x55 or the 40x52/3. As far as 6s yes that is correct. Remove the esc for another. I would suggest a seaking 80amp HV (http://www.hobbyhot.com/hobbywing-seaking-80a-hv-brushless-esc-for-for-boat-v2-c-282-p-1-pr-2604.html). You will need a rx pack for this esc, because it does not have a bec. Change the bullet connectors on the motor to 5.5mm bullets or higher and don't use deans connectors on the power side. Use 5.5mm bullets or EC5's on the power side. If you want to run 6s I would start with the 40x52/3 and make sure the temps are ok then move up to the 42x55 if you want to run grim props. All of this is JMO of course.

JackBlack26
12-17-2010, 02:17 PM
I love the 42x55 on my MG. I ran my MG with a friend with his MG and he was running some other prop on 5S along side mine. He installed the 42x55 he brought with him, after he saw how much faster mine was, and he was tearing across the pond when before we were almost neck to neck, though he was running 5S. The MG on 5S and the 42x55 is insane! He managed to flip his boat 2 times, lol!

francois
12-17-2010, 02:30 PM
thanks a lot guys,every reply helps...what i meant by only grim props is that i cant find octura props here in sa?maybe if you know enything whwre in sa to find,also maxamps batt?

Diesel6401
12-17-2010, 02:44 PM
I love the 42x55 on my MG. I ran my MG with a friend with his MG and he was running some other prop on 5S along side mine. He installed the 42x55 he brought with him, after he saw how much faster mine was, and he was tearing across the pond when before we were almost neck to neck, though he was running 5S. The MG on 5S and the 42x55 is insane! He managed to flip his boat 2 times, lol!

Yea 5s on this boat is crazy fun. I hope you changed your motor timing to high, changed all your connectors to 5.5mm or higher and dis-abled the bec. Doing those things and not over proping your esc/motor, should be fine. Just always check the runtime/heat. Glad that prop is working out for you, a prop can make or break your setup!

thanks a lot guys,every reply helps...what i meant by only grim props is that i cant find octura props here in sa?maybe if you know enything whwre in sa to find,also maxamps batt?

Ok I understand now, sorry can't help you with those things. You may want to try hobbycity.com for batteries though, they have a lot of different warehouses and maybe to satisfy your needs.

francois
12-17-2010, 02:55 PM
thanks diesel...your personal opinion...would you upgrade the esc and so on to run 6s or is the boat to fast and not to fun(maybe cause the handling sucks or so).???actually why i want to run 6s is cause i have a bl car that i run 2 3s sells so i want to run the packs in both my car and miss geico??but jes what do you say??lol tanks a lot:beerchug:

Diesel6401
12-17-2010, 03:43 PM
thanks diesel...your personal opinion...would you upgrade the esc and so on to run 6s or is the boat to fast and not to fun(maybe cause the handling sucks or so).???actually why i want to run 6s is cause i have a bl car that i run 2 3s sells so i want to run the packs in both my car and miss geico??but jes what do you say??lol tanks a lot:beerchug:

When I had my boat stock, I liked running 5s. If you have 2s and 3s pack of the same mah and c rating you can run 5s. I never ran this boat on 6s so I couldn't answer that for you. People have got into the 60s (mph) with this boat and I heard it handled fine. This may help http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=17898

francois
12-17-2010, 03:59 PM
diesel thanks,also i you have done enything about the bouncing problem,what did you do???i dont actually want to convert to strutter???:thumbup1:

Diesel6401
12-17-2010, 04:09 PM
diesel thanks,also i you have done enything about the bouncing problem,what did you do???i dont actually want to convert to strutter???:thumbup1:

Yea, I made some battery tray extensions so I could move the batteries aft and move the the cg back. The stock trays set the cg to far foward. I also adjusted the strut depth. I run a stock stiletto 1800kv motor with a grim 40x52/3 and the cg and strut adjusted No bounce and I'm still using the inline rudder. Adjusting your cg and strut depth and trying a prop with less pitch should help with your bounce.

francois
12-17-2010, 04:56 PM
thanks a lot...did you previosly run the 40x53/3 with your stock motor,if so what batt were you using and what runtime and speed did you achive??if you havent what is possible on 2 2s with stock motor?

Diesel6401
12-17-2010, 05:00 PM
thanks a lot...did you previosly run the 40x53/3 with your stock motor,if so what batt were you using and what runtime and speed did you achive??if you havent what is possible on 2 2s with stock motor?

I never ran the stock motor with a 40x52/3. With the rpm being so low on 4s you need more diameter. A octura m445 would be a great 4s prop for this boat. Not sure where you would get that prop in sa, so for your situation the grim 42x55 is gonna be the best 4s prop unless you find away to get octura props. In my signature click on the miss geico name and it's a youtube link. I always time my runs. 3-5 minutes so runtime is always in that ball park for me. The batts I use are from hobbycity.com their rating is mentioned in the video. I used a octura x642 in the video, the blackjack26 has the same motor/esc as the MG and that prop worked great on the bj26 so that's why I started with that prop, but less pitch maybe better for this hull. JMO

forescott
12-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Stay away from the 40x57/3. I tried it in several cats and monos and it just doesnt plane. Its a cool scale-looking prop but definitly not meant for the miss g.

JackBlack26
12-18-2010, 02:01 AM
Yea 5s on this boat is crazy fun. I hope you changed your motor timing to high, changed all your connectors to 5.5mm or higher and dis-abled the bec. Doing those things and not over proping your esc/motor, should be fine. Just always check the runtime/heat. Glad that prop is working out for you, a prop can make or break your setup!
Oh, I'm not running 5S on it. A guy I met on another forum , then down at the local pond to run both MGs, he runs 5S in his but he had not tried the 42x55.He was running an external battery pack in his. I'm not balsy enough to run 5S in mine. I baby my stuff too much:tongue_smilie:. Adding the 42x55 is as far as I will go with the stock setup. Maybe I'll play around with a bit more voltage or bigger/higher pith props when I swap out the electronics for higher rated ones. For now, its plenty of fun!!:rockon2:

dirty
02-21-2011, 02:49 PM
has anybody had the problem of the MG not planing out? i ran mine for the first time today,and it seemed like it didnt want to plane out,but once it got going it was fine.I run a grim racer 42x55 prop on mine with 2s 5000mah 45c lipo?would it be a battery location issue?