PDA

View Full Version : New thread on professional classes

sjslhill
04-17-2007, 10:58 PM
T class 10S or 37V, considering that the IMPBA has unlimited LiPoly rules. 500 amp controller that is just around the corner and you have 18,500 watts. 24.79 HP

;)

SJFE
04-17-2007, 11:22 PM
As if that weren’t bad enough...In my district you now have to put up with nitro and gas boats all in the same heats. Is basic intelligents a requirement for creating rules in this organization or what?
Ok so my initial post was harsh. Sorry if I offended any elected officials or clubs. But comon. Keep types of power sources in there own classes. If you are going to merge types let it be @ the driver’s discretion. Don’t tell a guy he has to run against gas and nitro...or go home....

Doug Smock
04-17-2007, 11:44 PM
T class 10S or 37V, considering that the IMPBA has unlimited LiPoly rules. 500 amp controller that is just around the corner and you have 18,500 watts. 24.79 HP

;)

I'm looking for sponsors for a T-Mono SAWs boat. You intrested Steve??

JimClark
04-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Do you think sooner or later Insurance companies are goign to put limits on what they cover? Can you imagine a boat like that getting loose and comming ashore even at half speed.

Jim

Doozie870
04-18-2007, 12:37 AM
There is always going to be a wide open, cost no object class in any racing,whether it be because you have a sponsors or a fat wallet.This does not mean we all must be loaded to go racing, there are so many classes out there for people on a budget. Get off your ass and go to a race. support the FE classes you would like to stay around, when you can. IMO

Doozie870
04-18-2007, 12:51 AM
also, if a person wants to run nitro rtr stuff thats fine too, more people on the pond,IMO. A stock shockwave will chew up a stock super vee on 12.

Doug Smock
04-18-2007, 07:16 AM
Do you think sooner or later Insurance companies are goign to put limits on what they cover? Can you imagine a boat like that getting loose and comming ashore even at half speed.

Jim

I think so. Other than 25 (at last count) I.M.P.B.A. SAWS racers who put limits on themselves, the sky is the limit.
It will be interesting to see what happens this year, and if there are any rule change proposals for 08.
It's dangerous even with the speeds of P and Q boats now. I don't even want to think about a T boat coming unglued.:eek:

This thread is probably going to go down hill very quickly. I'll be watching from over in the corner.;)
Good luck!!
Doug

sjslhill
04-18-2007, 08:58 AM
They need size and weight limits or something. I am betting from by combat robot days that you can run brushed motors and I know that there are 1200map controllers out there now. Even if you can't you can parallel two 250amp controllers. Not that anyone will but it's just crazy. Look for changes in 2008 like Doug said.

properchopper
04-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Personally, methinks all this speculation is just mental gymnastics for now. If you're on this forumn, It's not likely you'll be running a competative T-class boat anytime soon. My LSO record is ready to be plucked from my hands, guys. Get busy ; I'll be waitin' for 'ya ;)

sjslhill
04-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Personally, methinks all this speculation is just mental gymnastics for now. If you're on this forumn, It's not likely you'll be running a . My LSO record is ready to be plucked from my hands, guys. Get busy ; I'll be waitin' for 'ya ;)

If your on this forum, it's not likely you'll be running a competative T-class boat anytime soon.

Can you explain your exact meaning of this comment? :D

Is this the low class, non professional forum? :p

Why break a LSO record that will no longer be a class in 2008 :rolleyes:

properchopper
04-18-2007, 10:27 AM
If your on this forum, it's not likely you'll be running a competative T-class boat anytime soon.

Can you explain your exact meaning of this comment? :D

If this the low class, non professional forum? :p

Why break a LSO record that will no longer be a class in 2008 :rolleyes:

Sign-up list for those on this forum who actually will compete in T-class :

Sorry, my crystal ball broke so I didn't see the vote to eliminate LSO in 2008

Doug Smock
04-18-2007, 10:29 AM
If you're on this forumn, It's not likely you'll be running a competative T-class boat anytime soon.

Huh?? Not sure I understand. :confused: Ok I saw your response to Steve.... What year???

Doug

sjslhill
04-18-2007, 10:30 AM
They are talking about LiPoly and brushless for LSO in the future.

What is your record, how fast?

sjslhill
04-18-2007, 10:31 AM
I think he is saying that your slow Doug.....Does the IMPBA have this LSO record? If not, I doubt we will be headed for CA anytime soon.

If you're on this forumn, It's not likely you'll be running a competative T-class boat anytime soon.

Huh?? Not sure I understand. :confused:

Doug

sjslhill
04-18-2007, 10:33 AM
One other point, I saw where Kelly Brooks is listed as a member of this forum as well. I guess Kelly is also slow.

Gee this is fun

properchopper
04-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Calm down, fellas! I've been here daily for over two years and I've not seen any 500 amp , 25 hp boats being built. Talked about, maybe. What I'm saying is the "lower" classes like LSO and P-mono/offshore are within reach of most of us and are the logical progression from modded rtr's. Try it, you'll like it. :)

sjslhill
04-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Your the one that needs to calm down, the thread is for fun. It however will be possible to do what I listed.

To be more realistic, let's take the 225 amp Castle controller, 225x37V and you get 11.1HP. Are you saying that this not possible as well?
Cut that in 1/2 and you get 5.5 HP. If 3HP can move a 16 lb hydro 65, what do you think 5.5HP can do?

What is your LSO record? What Org. was it set in? Does the IMPBA have this record?

Doug Smock
04-18-2007, 10:45 AM
I think he is saying that your slow Doug.

I am slow.... but I was a little faster that the guy before me.;) AND my P-Mono hasn't see the first LiPo. ... YET.:p

sjslhill
04-18-2007, 10:47 AM
I bet you can go 95 soon. :D

I am slow.... but I was a little faster that the guy before me.;) AND my P-Mono hasn't see the first LiPo. ... YET.:p

Doug Smock
04-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Calm down, fellas!

No problems here, I'm good.:)

Doug

Darin Jordan
04-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Guys,

As I've said SOOOOO many times before... If NAMBA and the IMPBA get onboard with the idea of limiting hull lengths, then 90% of these "unlimited power" fears go away... There is a practical limit to how much power a given hull size can handle... We're tapping into that right now in N2-Mono at 26-27"... IMPBA has proposed a 27" hull length limit for the E1 (Namba N2) classes, and I think they've nailed it as far as this limit goes...

Keep in mind that I'm only talking about Oval racing here... SAWS need, and should have had, their own set of limits... in my opinion...

sjslhill
04-18-2007, 11:23 AM
cool, that's good news

Steven Vaccaro
04-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Sorry Prop, but the T comment doesn't hold on this forum. Dennis Whitt is the man in large offshore boats! He and some other guys practically invented and inspired the building of boats in those classes. He is answering questions he.

We have a mix of users(so far) on this forum. I hope to keep it that way. Diversity is key. Seasoned boaters helping new boaters. New boaters have fresh ideas to maybe inspire the seasoned guys.

Back on the subject Darin is correct, hull size limits need to be addressed!
A 40" N2 IS Possible!!!

SJFE
04-18-2007, 12:13 PM
It would be posible to run a 40" N-2 boat here in the north east...If there where santiond events for us. IMO an Electric only Sanctioning body needs to be created. I have nothing against nitro and gas. Fact is they exclude way to many prime locations. We need our own thing.

sjslhill
04-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Right now I don't see how any Nitro boat can beat unlimited electric boats. The technology has passed Nitro up. Nitro did not allow rules to get completly out of line with common sense. If they would have you would be super chargers and turbo chargers and unlimited displacment. There are no rules for limiting a N2 motor, only the voltage.

Darin Jordan
04-18-2007, 01:35 PM
There are no rules for limiting a N2 motor, only the voltage.

There are, however, a lot of "practical rules" limiting this... "Possible", and "Realistically Possible" are not always the same...

A 15-series Neu Motor, for example, is only rated to a max Watts of 3000... That's not going to handle 400amps or ??? at 8V....

Big things ARE possible, however... which is why I will continue advocating hull-size limits... then if someone wants to try to run 400amps continuous... be my guest, because my 100+ amp N2-Setup will be raceable in a 27" hull... your 400amp setup simply won't be... unless it weighs 10lbs, in which case, I still have you beat...

sjslhill
04-18-2007, 02:25 PM
3000 watts is 4 hp

Doozie870
04-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Im kind of mixed on this thread, to be honest travel expenses are my biggest problem. looking at $300 to go this sunday, spent around $650 for the az trip, we need more clubs man!!

Steven Vaccaro
04-20-2007, 07:45 AM
Im kind of mixed on this thread, to be honest travel expenses are my biggest problem. looking at $300 to go this sunday, spent around $650 for the az trip, we need more clubs man!!

Start one up. I'm hearing from customers all over the country that more and more Supervee guys are getting together on weekends. Hit the hobby shops with flyer's.

SJFE
04-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Speaking of flyer's....Does any one know where in Office 2K or XP to generate flyer's....I can't find it to save my LIFE....Uggggg.

Rex R
04-20-2007, 08:07 PM
kinda depends on; how fancy you want to get. one can do a fairly simple one with mspaint. I would imagine that most word processing programs could handle the job. 'ms works' might even have a 'wizard' to walk you through it.

SJFE
04-20-2007, 08:29 PM
WORKSSSSSSS...:eek: Thats it. Danm thing is in works!! It was drivin me outa my freekin mind. Now to look for the cd:confused: Thank U REX!!

Rex R
04-20-2007, 08:42 PM
heheh, boy have I ever been in that situation :)! course with todays 'puters its all to easy to get into. there are days when I long for the simplicity of win 3.1 & dos(usually after spending a good bit of time trying to find something). glad I was able to jog your memory.
rex

SJFE
04-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Yep some days I miss c:\cmd......lol