PDA

View Full Version : New IMPBA records out of Huntsville

Doug Smock
12-01-2010, 06:03 PM
From the November 27 time trials.

Martin Truex Jr., B Hydro 1/3 Oval 18.096 sec.
Troy Hammonds, LSG 27 Sport Hydro 1/3 Oval 19.899 sec.
Brian Blazer, LSG Crackerbox SAW 60.975 mph.
Brian Blazer, LSG Crackerbox 1/3 Oval 30.722 sec.
David Hall, N Hydro 1/3 Oval 25.585 sec.
Doug Smock, P Mono 1/3 Oval 29.781 sec.

Congratulations fellas!!

Doug:wave:

PS If you guys ever get a chance to get out to a Huntsville event do it. These guys do a great job!!:yeah:

Chilli
12-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Nice Job Doug! And you did it with the Rico. Very cool! Any SAW attempts for you?

I'm sure Kentley is in his shop getting ready for spring trials!!! JAE's Rock!!!:rockon:

Doug Smock
12-01-2010, 07:57 PM
The pond was a mess pretty much all weekend. The Rico was setup exactly like it was in Chesapeake lead and all. lol
I was going to give the N Mono record a shot too with my 27" Wildthing, but I stuffed it in the front straight approx. 50' off of the drivers stand. She was stuck in the mud for about five hours in four feet of water. The hatch was in three pieces, four if you count the canopy I made for it.:eek:
Mathew Waldron and I used a tool the Huntsville club has to cut weeds and were able to free her. I was a happy camper when she surfaced.
ALL of the equipment survived, she'll race again next year!!!:thumbup1:
Doug
PS The P Mono record is still pretty soft. Go get it!!!;)

Chilli
12-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Doug, Can you verify a cat with steps is legal in the IMPBA tunnel class? I'm pretty sure it fits within the tunnel definition which states "The tunnel hull will have two continuous keels or "sponsons", thus creating a tunnel or air trap along the length of the hull". I'm pretty sure it does but just want to make sure. I know steps in a mono are a big no no.

Also is the 1/3 mile oval two laps on the standard 1/6 mile course?

So much for building only two boats this winter.:laugh:

Doug Smock
12-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Doug, Can you verify a cat with steps is legal in the IMPBA tunnel class? I'm pretty sure it fits within the tunnel definition which states "The tunnel hull will have two continuous keels or "sponsons", thus creating a tunnel or air trap along the length of the hull". I'm pretty sure it does but just want to make sure. I know steps in a mono are a big no no.

Also is the 1/3 mile oval two laps on the standard 1/6 mile course?

So much for building only two boats this winter.:laugh:

Yes sir on both.
Now get to work.:laugh:
Doug

Chilli
12-01-2010, 10:41 PM
CF Seaducer should be mailed to me in a few days. I'm going to make you get yours out of mothballs.:thumbup: