PDA

View Full Version : Mini Mono deep v rudder thickness

martin
11-29-2010, 02:56 PM
For a bit of fun i thought id try a 15"hull mini mono deep v that is self righting with a bit of mods. And must say its a lot of fun for something so small, I can run it in vitually any conditions flat out because of how the self righting works, Dosnt have a flood chamber but is done with weight distribution & raised shaped parts full of air on top of the hatch set to one side & when it turns over its like a cork & comes upright imediatelly. I dont even have to close throttle where it rights so fast. Its doing around 36mph on 3s Nano Tech 40c-90c lipos. looking for a bit more speed by tuning the boat itself rather than motor or cell changes as i dont think the hull will take much more power due to its size. The rudder to me looks quite thick at the back .786"wide x .235thick. Would thinning it down a bit to say .187 make much difference to the speed whilst still retain steering. The hull also has quite a bad concave on both sides of the hull for about the last 3", Will filling this out so its flat improve speeds & running as iv read this type of concave pulls the boat down onto the water. I think this concave is distortion in the moulding rather than intended. Any thoughts appreciated. Martin.

SweetAccord
11-29-2010, 10:08 PM
"Will filling this out so its flat improve speeds & running as iv read this type of concave pulls the boat down onto the water" Correct. You want a flat hull.