PDA

View Full Version : Killed my ESC?

Akoni
11-28-2010, 02:24 PM
So I used the porboat programming card on my MG just now and it will no longer arm after i turn it on. Is there a combination of settings that might cause this?

Was trying to set:
Lipo
High cutoff
Slowdown
Brake off
Timing low
Throttle linear

Would I need to rebind it somehow?

ron1950
11-28-2010, 04:15 PM
hook up the batterys....hook up the card....(set the card) turn on power......it will beep once.....now turn off switch....unhook batterys......done......now when u start it up again ready to run ...it will beep twice i think 5 times and all is well lol good luck...

Akoni
11-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Yup...unhooking the battery did it...didn't have directions but found it by accident. Thanks. When you change to lipo battery type, what does that do to the LVC settings (what's the voltage for high vs low cutoff) ?

ron1950
11-28-2010, 09:28 PM
not sure what the figures are for high cutoff....but thats what i use...high cut off linear throtal and lipos etc.....darin the disigner of this boat has a thread here somewhere about here that has your info....and what he recomends also

JackBlack26
11-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Yup...unhooking the battery did it...didn't have directions but found it by accident. Thanks. When you change to lipo battery type, what does that do to the LVC settings (what's the voltage for high vs low cutoff) ?

I just did he exact same thing. I programmed it then though it was dead until I disconnected the battery and reconnected it with the ESC on. It beeped and now its working....sad thing is I had the instructions on my lap:doh:

However, I cant get the reciever to bind with my DX3R. I unbound it and bound it to the included transmitter just fine but for some reason it doesnt like my DX3R. I wonder if the marine ESC only works with the 3S and not the 3R
Now its off to the lake later this evening:thumbup:

ron1950
11-29-2010, 03:57 PM
mr3000 will not bind to the dx3r it only binds with the dx3s and below...ones that have the marine sticker on the back.....u need to use the tx that came with the geigo or get a 3s, 3e or dx2 or 3

JackBlack26
11-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks Ron. I'll just stick with the stock radio. I would hate to get my DX3R wet anyways:ThumbsDown01:

Worst case, I also have an inexpensive Tactic 2.4 system like Aquacraft is using now that I can uses if I get the transmitter wet.

ron1950
11-29-2010, 04:47 PM
u planing to go swimming? with the tx? lol....the proboat tx is inexpencive but a pretty good radio actually......

JackBlack26
11-29-2010, 09:42 PM
u planing to go swimming? with the tx? lol....the proboat tx is inexpencive but a pretty good radio actually......No. But I'm known to be pretty darn clumsy:doh:.......:lol: